TGG; A bit too early but what's your dream off-season looking like as of right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

The best way to help our struggling Defense, is to protect it with an offense that can put up points and actually give our defense an opportunity to play with a lead for once.

FA WR = Allen Robinson (we have A+ Cap Space).

Round 1: QB - Trevor Lawrence - Clemson.

Round 1: TE - Kyle Pitts - Florida Gators (Seattle's Jamal Adams pick).

Round 2: RB - Najee Harris - Alabama (first pick of the 2nd round).

I don't want to get too deep into an offseason this early into the season but I do truly believe that these 4 players above would at least give us Jet fans something to look forward to on Sundays come 2021 and on offense, for the first time... in a long time.

QB: Trevor Lawrence.
    RB: Najee Harris.
    WR1: Allen Robinson.
    Slot: Jamison Crowder.
    WR2: Denzel Mims.
    TE: Kyle Pitts.
    LT: Mt. Becton.

To me. That looks like an amazing building block of offensive talent. A good and fresh start for a new head coach to build around alongside of JD.

We'd still have A+ cap space after Robinson along with plenty more draft picks to shore up our offensive line.

Just curious to see which FA's and top Draft picks TGG posters have their eyes on as of right now?

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Trevor Lawrence + OL + WR

Things are so bad at OL and WR that every pick in the entire fucking draft other than #1 should be dedicated to upgrading those spots.

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Trading Sam for a 2nd round pick (if we can even get that).

Draft:
    1-Lawrence (QB Clemson)
    1A-Trey Smith (IOL Tennessee)
    2-Terrance Marshall WR LSU
    2A-Quincy Roche or Patrick Jones (Edge)
    3 (Try and trade to grab Justyn Ross WR Clemson) in round 2.

FA:
    Bud Dupree OLB and Will Fuller as our targets

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Don't know who will be available but it starts with JD hiring the right HC for this organization.

Number 10, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

This is why I believe Trevor Lawrence is a must. He'll become an A+ selling point for both head coaches and potential free agents alike because there is no reason to have A+ cap space if a game breaking FA won't give you the time of day. I believe it'll become a dream come true for a great WR such as Allen Robinson to leave CHICAGO and become the true #1 target for a Trevor freaking LAWRENCE.

In regard to head coach? I'd love to convince Jim Harbaugh. He could change our locker room culture over night as Parcells once did for us following 1-15. I'm just scared of giving another glorified coordinator a HC position; I want a proven winner.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You are correct in that they need to bring in a proven winner. JD has to hit a HR with the coaching hire. If we get the #1pick then drafting Lawrence is no-brainer. How JD does with the other picks and we have plenty are just as important. Same goes for any FA signings. He has to build the team around Lawrence. Look at what the Bills have done to help Allen as an example.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Amen.

I would let our defense fall off a cliff until 2022's off-season because 2021 has to be all about FA's and Draft picks for (hopefully) TREVOR LAWRENCE on... OFFENSE.

IMO we have 3 good building blocks on offense in Becton, Mims and Crowder. We need a true #1 WR. A game breaking TE. An explosive RB and interior O-Lineman and as crazy as it may sound? JD has the ammo to turn this offense around over night come 2021s off-season.

KY Jets Fan, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

• Fire Gase.
    • Reorganize front office, giving GM authority over the coach.
    • GM hires whoever he wants as coach.
    • Coach hires whoever he wants for his staff.
    • GM and coach continue to focus all of their attention on fixing the offense.
    • 0 defensive players drafted this year.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd be so pissed if we draft Trevor Lawrence and then select a CB, OLB, DT etc during the 1st (Seattle) 2nd 3rd or 4th rounds instead of WR, O-Line, RB and maybe even TE etc.

If we don't load up on offense this off-season it's criminal.

Fiftynine likes this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm strongly in the Najee Harris camp with the 2nd round pick--

Don't know how anyone can have confidence in a high NYJ TE draft pick--no way I go TE with Seattle pick. I would look at centers and guards here--maybe a WR.
    Then I'd look at LB. I'd look at T. About the last thing I'd look for is a TE.

Maybe take Harris with Seattle pick.

I get the idea of going Luck/Fleener kind of thing but there'd be no connection between TL and Pitts.

11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

it is absolutely not a bit too early.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry, but disagree. Going unilaterally all offense on the draft this year or any year is insanely dumb with a team with so many needs on both side of the ball. No fucking GM worth his soul would do that. They will definitely favor offense, as they should, but you are dreaming if we don't need a stud CB or OLB to help our new QB even more by keeping the opposing defenses off the field and not having to score 40 points a game.

IIMeanDeanII, Ralebird and FJF like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope. I'll agree to disagree.

There is no point of even drafting Trevor if you're going to set him up to fail alongside this current offense. It needs a complete makeover, starting with this year's high draft picks.

We're 23rd in rushing yards per game.

We're 29th in sacks given up per game.

We're 30th in 1st downs earned and can't even more the freaking 10 yard chains!

We're 32nd and dead last in offensive yards per game.

We're 32nd and dead last in passing yards per game.

And we're dead last in scoring offense @ lol (12.1 points per game and not even close to 31st in scoring!).

So don't talk to me about focusing on offense with our first 5 picks as being dumb because if we traded away an All Pro on defense in Jamal just to draft MORE DEFENSE with our Seattle pick for example? Lol just WOW

We can wait to rebuild our defense during the following draft with 2 first rounders etc but if JD doesn't go (all) offense during our first 4 rounds (all 5 picks); well then it's criminal to even draft Trevor Lawrence to begin with because after we draft Trevor? In no specific order? During our next 4 picks? It BETTER be on a WR, RB, O-Line and either a TE or another O-Lineman.

Draft Defense all you like during the 5th and 6th rounds etc but our first 5 picks including Trevor must all be on the OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL because our offense has been ignored and neglected since Rex Ryan and enough is enough.

#13 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    twown and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Okay, so hear me out. Imagine that we do finally hire the RIGHT COACH, we already have 2 first round picks. If we land the number 1 overall and entertain the idea of trading it for a kings ransom. We could potentially have 4 first round picks this year alone. The amount of impact players walking thru the door of 1 Jet Way (or whatever the hell its called) would potentially change this organization in unimaginable ways. This is not taking into account the additional picks we would get for trading the first pick. We have the ability to make so many changes inside this organization in one off-season....and this is without touching cap space

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post but in round 2 that a bit high for RB...so Draft Edge Rusher

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope. Not an option. You don't pass up on Trevor Lawrence for "more picks" when your current starting QB is ranked dead last 32nd in QB Rating. You simply take the best player in the draft in Trevor Lawrence and begin to build around him as Indianapolis once build around Peyton Manning. Trading out of the #1 pick when it's Trevor Lawrence would make whichever team drafted him automatic draft day winners. Trevor Lawrence or bust.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I don't think people believe what they are hearing from you!

You only lobbied for Defense per your handle

Now you see the absolute importance of scoring points in this League..good job

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Na. Look at Clemson's RB in Travis. It's an exciting 1-2 Punch @ QB/RB and Trevor is flourishing.

I couldn't imagine Harris running the football behind Becton for many years to come because he's a clone of Derrick Henry through my eyes and the 2nd round imo is the perfect round for game breaking RBs. And I absolutely love Najee Harris.

IDFjet likes this.
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

QB trey Lance or Lawrence first pick.
    2nd pick go get another WR like Rondale Moore (speed demon) or DeVonta Smith
    2nd round get Chuba Hubbard

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons sell the team.

dawinner127, Zuckpsu and IDFjet like this.