TGG 7 round mock draft. Start date :April 5th.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Mar 19, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

So draft forum... Its about this time of year again, and the anual 7 round mock is around the corner. As some of you know, WW85 isnt running the mock this year due to time constraints, so JohnnyThaJet and I, along with a few other posters are going to try and keep this tradition alive. The start date for the draft is Friday April 5th, at 5 PM.

All GM's that made the majority of their picks on time in the 3 round mock will be offered at least 2 teams in this mock draft.

We are going to start this off by sending those past GM's pm's in order to see if they can once again participate in the mock draft. We need GM assignments ASAP so that everyone has enough time to research their respective teams.

Everyone, I want to stress the time commitment of this draft. It is a lot of fun when it runs smoothly, and everyone who plans on participating must actually commit themselves. The expected time completion for the mock draft is hopefully around a week, possibly a little longer. The quicker everyone drafts, the better this will be for everyone.

One thing JTJ and I would like to stress is to PM your boards. Especially after round 1. I understand people have work and school, but if you know you arent going to be around, please PM your board to other GM's who will be around so that your pick can still be made. This year's 3 rounder started off slowly because GM's did not PM their boards. Its truly a simple task, but makes a world of a difference. In order to really reinforce this idea, if you miss your PM 3 times you will be replaced with a poster on the waiting list.

* Lastly, one thing we would like to change in order to try and speed up the process of the draft, is to have GM's be assigned teams in pairs-for example, the Jets GM will also be the GM of the Chargers. This way, if you know you are up to draft soon, you can knock out both of your teams in one shot instead of having to potentially wait around all day. Its an experiment, but hopefully it will work.

The rest is the same as usual- 2 hour time limit for pick, clock ends at 12 and runs into the next day, GMs must PM the next pick, no talking about players not taken ect.

If any newbie would like to join, please post a comment below.

#1 laxin, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I want some

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I'll be setting up teams as set pairs tonight and we'll have a little selection day for the teams this week.

GMs who pretty much know you'll be in this, I'll be PMing you by tonight.

4. JohnnyThaJet

We still have about 2-3 spots depending on a few GMs wanting to participate or not. If you're interested PM myself or Laxin.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Hey guys: If there's still a spot open, I'd like to join.

6. JohnnyThaJet

PM'd ya ajax.

7. nyspartan

nyspartan New Member

I wud love to join if possible

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

can we expect to be assigned the same teams from the 3 round gala or do we get some new blood.....

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Typically new teams are done, it keeps it fresh so we do not get too similar of a draft.

10. jilozzo

xcellent....

11. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

GM Pairing takes potentially half the drama out of the picks... you're picking knowing you have to pick for the next team too... might influence your selection for team A. I get why you'd want to accelerate the process, though.

12. JohnnyThaJet

The way I have it set up its so that they aren't back to back but still set up close to eachother. For example, one GM will have the Chiefs and Raiders while another will have The Jags and Eagles. Granted it does take away from some of the drama but I want to make sure (running this for the first time) things go as smoothly as possible.

If the majority of GMs don't like this rule let me know, I could always change it.

13. jilozzo

oh thats u mean by pairing. interesting.

why not just go with back to back pairings - that would grease the skids and let things move - is each round the same order??

14. JohnnyThaJet

No, the picks vary big time. Sometimes a pick like the Chiefs and Raiders could be three or four picks away depending (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000143400/article/2013-nfl-draft-order).

My goal is to get through the first round, from there PMing boards will be a requirement so things will run even faster (most likely).

Again, all these ideas are subject to change since I'd like this to be a team effort, but I would like to keep the rules we've established.

#14 JohnnyThaJet, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  15. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Answered your PM, I am down

16. JohnnyThaJet

A few spots have opened, so let me know guys.

17. nyspartan

nyspartan New Member

I'd love to join if any spots r open

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'll be in if there's a team open

19. JohnnyThaJet

Thougt I PMd you? I guess it didnt go through. You're an assigned GM , I just haven't given anyone the chance to select their team pairs yet besides WW last night. (Selection thread will be up soon so GMs have a week or so to prep.

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Do you know when you plan on emailing out the team assignments?