Texas Stepfather Beaten to Death By 2 Bros&Friend For Alleged Sex Assault/Rape of 9 Year Old Sister

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jan 28, 2022.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is a bit of a complex case at the moment from what is thus far known. Regardless of what your feelings are on vigilante justice, it sounds like this guy had it coming. All three of the assailants are 18 so they are in deep trouble and are charged with Capital Murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-stepfather-beaten-to-death-by-teen-brothers-and-friend-police-say

"Quintanilla had a warrant for continuous sexual abuse of a child, police previously told MyRGV News."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...0220127-jjcwj6xzdfer5exox22dwzqyim-story.html

If I was a betting man I would say that the two brothers may have suspected what he was and possibly knew about the other case. They flipped out on him when their sister either 1) told them or 2) caught him in the act. It's unclear right now which one it was.

What they should have done was 1) gathered her up and went straight to the police station and/or hospital or 2) stood guard at the house and called 911; but an 18 year old brain and rage over sexual abuse don't always go together with rational decision-making.

More details about the circumstances will emerge, but of course every article you read is conflicting. I'm not condoning what they did, but I can't completely denounce it at this point, either. I guess in the end this guy can't harm anyone else but these teens could be screwed for life. We'll see if a good lawyer takes the case on pro bono.

EDIT: Title should read assault, not asult. I may have just run out of room. If not, can a mod please fix. Thanks.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Vigilantism is illegal for a reason. Without legal authority as the basis for action we wind up in a jungle with no rules and lots of armed people running around shooting at other people.

3. jetophile

4. jetophile

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The difficulty in a case like this comes if the allegations that the young girl stated, are false.
    If they’re true, give them 10-15 and they still have the rest of their lives ahead of them for the most part.

HomeoftheJets and MoWilkBeast like this.
  6. Br4d

The problem is you can always find a 9 year old sister to back you up if you have convinced her your target is worthy of killing.

Not to say that this case wasn't absolutely what they say it was however it's not hard to find cover for killing anybody you want to once legal authority is no longer required.

That's just one of the many reasons why vigilantism is illegal.

7. Br4d

I'm good with just giving them 10-15 as long as some attempt is made along the way not just to punish them but to make them truly repent their actions. Otherwise you're just releasing a couple of killers hardened by a stretch in the pen back into society.

8. jetophile

I doubt the accusation is false because this guy had an outstanding warrant out for his arrest for ongoing sexual abuse with another victim. Can't see why his daughter would just pull it out of the air that he was touching her or worse.

Still no idea if she told her brothers, if they heard her screaming, or if they caught him in the act.

I don't think they should get off scot-free at all, but we'll see if it hits all the check marks for Capital Murder. This may not see trial (self defense won't work here), but it's a risk you take because they did it and they pursued him. It could get pled down drastically and everybody gets what they want. Somewhat.

The only way I say this goes to trial for sure is if they find out other indisputable heinous shit on this guy during discovery that can be introduced as prior bad acts. That could result in an even lesser sentence than pleading down, but once again, big risk.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    Sounds like justifiable homicide to me. But, if you want to make sure they have their minds right, throw them some supervised probation have them come talk to someone once a month, make sure they are in a good place and being productive. There’s be a lot less pedos if they lived in fear of being offed when caught.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That would be better, but I don’t think it’s realistic. I think the US is significantly light on sentencing pedophiles. It’s one of the few things that I don’t think people can be rehabilitated from.

FJF and jetophile like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

In Turkey pedophiles are thrown to jail for a few years. But most of them don't survive a month. Turkish prisoners take care of pedos inside and the correction officers look the other way.

FJF likes this.
  12. jetophile

Of course it's illegal and you present an interesting point, but I can't see just beating somebody to death for no reason. I'm not feeling that this was a thrill killing and it's not like the guy had money or anything.

Did you ever see the movie 'M' with Peter Lorre? It's one of the best films about Vigilante Justice and Kangaroo Courts ever made. It's one of my favorite films of all time. I put it in the horror movie thread way back in the day because it's that chilling.

Hans Beckert (Lorre), a serial child murderer, gets hunted by other criminals for his crimes. I don't want to give too much away if you've never seen it.

[​IMG]

It's also kind of creepy that looking back on the film 91 years later that Hitler was on the horizon and people would soon be ratting each other out for crimes real and imagined.

[​IMG]

OK, I was due for a tangent, haha.

13. jetophile

I am very good with this.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is a classic example of the old western tale of a sign on the way into town that reads
    We hang all horse thieves and some killers. when the sheriff was asked why all horse thieves he replied I never met a horse that needed stealing.

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit like that everywhere. If they aren't separated from the general population in some way they won't last long.

A very difficult situation this one. I can see both sides and frankly can make a good case for both being right.

16. Br4d

People wouldn't get beaten to death for nothing if it was easier to get away with the crime. They'd be getting beaten to death for reasons perfectly justified in the eyes of the person killing them.

That's the distinction between vigilantism and legal authority. In the first case only you need to believe that your actions are justified. In the second proof beyond a reasonable doubt needs to be offered and then the actions taken to remedy the situation must meet a legal standard.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think when you kill a pedo like this you are doing so fully accepting the consequences. "I'll probably go to jail but it will be worth it to stop that fucker."

So if you think about it, it's not really a difficult decision then: give them prison like they expected, everyone wins and social order is maintained

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hadn't heard of this case but I knew this was south Texas before I even clicked the link.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. Br4d

Everybody wins?

Those kids are going to jail for quite a long time and all they had to do was make the report to the local authorities instead and the ball starts rolling on the perp. If he really had another pending case it takes zero time for the authorities to step in and fix the situation.

Most 18 year olds have no clue about consequences or cause and effect.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They probably dont trust the local authorities (I dont blame em)