Terrell Davis Handcuffed on Plane in Front of His Kids,'Treated Like a Convict'

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, Jul 18, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk I'm torn, ya know, yeah it was an obvious overreaction. They didn't need to cuff him, he didn't commit a crime that's why they let him go. But you can't put your hands on people "light tap" or not these days, everyone knows that.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Airlines are particularly sensitive these days too after all the incidents over the past 3 years.

I watched someone taken off a plane like that a while back. It’s bizarre and usually over virtually nothing.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that when there's some government apparatus like FAA, FDA, DHS, etc providing some measure of blanket protection for consumer agencies, those agencies have a tendency to act unreasonable in many situations. At some point when it gets bad enough, there is some stupid drastic measure that acts as a pendulum swing to the extreme opposite and then we'll have terrorists sneaking on again. It's a lose-lose based on a series of broken systems.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No way dude. The bureaucrats are always here to save the day!

abyzmul likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, agreed you should never touch anyone, but "Don't hit me"???? It could have very easily been resolved if the flight worker said, please do not touch me, Sir, what can I do to help you, I did not hear you. Or, got someone in charge to go back and speak to Terrell Davis and handle it. So unnecessary.

It sounds like the flight worker had a mental meltdown to me. It's not like Terrell Davis acted like that tool Maxwell Berry or that other crazy lady who tried to open the hatch.

I generally hate flying. The last time I went to visit a friend of mine, I had to switch at Detroit to Atlanta (Delta). I purposely bought a window seat. Guy is my seat, he gets red in the face when I ask him to kindly switch because, well, he's in my seat. He starts rocking back and forth, tells me who do I think I am, I should leave (?????). I see people's eyes starting to dart around, and I'm going F me to myself.

I showed him my seat #. "You're wrong." He finally gave it up and admitted it. "OK, I just don't like the aisle." He was super creepy, and then asked me if I was married. o_Oo_Oo_O

#6 jetophile, Jul 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I've seen that dude working out in his driveway, I would not fuck with him.

jetophile likes this.
  7. jetophile

Terrell Owens, LMAO. Oh, you, hahahaha.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Just got back yesterday and the flight I was on, one a guy was asked to move his seat into the upright position before takeoff. It already was and he told the flight attendant. FT didn't believe the passenger so he sternly asked him again. Passenger leaned forward showing the seat just kind of bent when he sat in it, and said, "its because their crappy seats".
    The FT said, "what"?
    Passenger: "its because the seats are crappy."
    FT: "Is that you attitude'?
    Passenger: "yes".
    FT (louder now) - "is that your attitude sir"
    Passenger (louder now): "yes".
    FT: "I'll be right back"

FT proceeds to try and remove passenger from plane, who refused to exit, causing a 2 hour delay at the gate with several investigators entering the plane. In the end the passenger was allowed to fly because half the plane was ready to rebel over the ridiculousness of the situation.

#9 ouchy, Jul 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  9. jetophile

That's crazy. It's kind of a winless situation sometimes because flight attendants aren't paid as well as people think (all dependent), so some of them have turned into disgruntled postal workers????

I can see both sides (passenger AND flight attendant safety), but there has to be a better way. Try to reason with people, sheese. Cliffhanger: did he get to keep his seat? o_O

ouchy likes this.
  10. jetophile

P.S.: Dr. Dao on United Airlines, I know he sued, who knows what he got. That was nuts.

#11 jetophile, Jul 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the flight attendant was switched to another flight.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're supposed to wait 20 years before you tell the ending.

stinkyB, jetophile and ouchy like this.
  13. jetophile

A lot of
    crossover here, haha.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Man, the makings, of what could have been an 18 year long running conversation in the BS Forum , reduced to mere minutes as an afterthought in a soon to be forgotten thread. @MParty7441 weeps

ouchy and jetophile like this.