Tebow: My Plan

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Mambo9, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Step A: Tell his agent the Jets are willing to let him go to any team that wants him in exchange for a conditional 7th rd pick in 2014 (aka nothing).

Step B: After NO ONE makes an offer tell him to choose between:
    1. Playing QB in the CFL or Arena League
    2. Stick with the jets as a FB/TE/ST.

I'd be totally ok if this happened...

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

My plan: Rip his contract into a bunch of tiny little pieces, and wish him luck.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

My EVIL plan... do what you say... then hand him some glue and say "here, if you can put it back the way it was you're the starting QB going into TC" :p

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As much as the Jets need talent Tebow is always going to be a bigger story than the team if he has any success. That makes him a losing proposition either way: he's doing nothing for you or there's a media hurricane blowing around the team all the time.

That's not Tebow's fault, although he has chosen to market himself in a way that exacerbates the problem.

I understand why the Jets are waiting to cut him. They really want some cap relief out of the deal and that's hard to find in a straight cut scenario. That said, I really don't want Tebow on the 2013 Jets. There's too much at stake for the team to spend the effort it takes to manage having a pop culture star on the team.

It might look good in the short term to marketing but it will take a lot of gas out of the team over the medium and long term and the Jets aren't exactly running with a full tank right now.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

the hell is ST? never seen that one.

and I agree his only options are be traded, hope that somebody will pick him up once he's not and released, go to another league, or stick it out and plead to the jets to give him a chance to fulfill a role in MM's offense. the last is the least likely, and probably the most painful to hear all around.

somehow I think he'd be more productive in that role than he was with TS, but its best to leave it alone and separate for all parties.

I'm thinking the pats or Eagles will be the most likely pick him up if released.

the pats will have him on as a 3rd or second stringer, and there will be NO QB controversy ("Tim Tebow is better than Tom Brady!" said no one not in jest or with a straight face) and the eagles are due for a college style offense he can thrive in, maybe, if he passes the other two, maybe.

really I'm only talking here because I'm fascinated by his apparent unreleased status.

6. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jets could put an inflatable clown 10 yeards in front of him, guarantee the starting job if he hits it and then give him 15 tries. It is a sucker bet because Tim will instinctively run in a quick circle and then bowl over the clown, losing the starting job in the process. hahahaha. Seriously though, they need to release him at the last possible minute if no one wants him, take the dead money hit and move on!

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

ST would be special teams.

I agree with other posters who say that its right not to cut him just yet. I don't mind if we wait until after the draft but of course if it gets in the way of signing a veteran safety or something then he should be let loose.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Oh special teams, duh.

and keeping on to him is starting to make sense, even if its not what people from the outside think is smart for whatever reason and a half.

we'll see how this plays out.

9. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Keeping him until the last minute makes a lot of sense for the Jets even if it fucks up Timbo's chances of catching on somewhere else. Keeping him going into minicamp makes zero sense. He does not appear part of their 2013 plan. His 2012 production can easily be replaced by Jeremy Kerley. He should only be on the roster long enough to minimize the impact on the Jets.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Makes more sense than whatever "plan" the Jets are currently executing.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You mean the plan where they try to do what's best for the Jets by hopefully finding a trade partner so they take less of a cap hit than cutting him? God forbid the Jets don't do what's best for Tebow instead. :rolleyes:

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

As much as I hate to see this, I am sure the Jets will have some kind of cap hit. I guess that is the price to pay for a silly and unnecessary acquisition.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

If that's the plan, great. I see no evidence of that whatsoever, though. Do you? Or are you just guessing like everyone else? :rolleyes:

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Just putting together the obvious pieces of the puzzle to make a reasonable guess. Just like I did when Tebow came here and I told you all he was here to be Brad Smith II and he wasn't here to play QB. I remember how arrogant you all were in telling me how wrong I was. lol. I don't remember many people acknowledging that they were wrong and I was right, but I was and they were.

15. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

He's just too selfish a player to trust, even if he says he's willing to switch positions. Get rid of him. Get rid of all the players with character issues and rebuild the right way.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You don't remember any of that from me, 'cos I never said anything of the sort. Just like your faulty assumption that I don't think the Jets should be doing what's best for them over what's best for an individual player. Never said it, never hinted at it. Only said their actions didn't appear to make sense.

You may be right about their "plan," but if your capacity for reasonable guesses is as faulty as your memory and your apparent inability to get to four from adding two and two, then you need to rethink things a bit there, Captain Obvious.

#16 catsigater, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I never said you specifically, but I do pretty much lump you all into the same woe is me and Tebow we're all so unjustly treated type category. If you think my guess is unreasonable then I'd say you're the one with faulty reasoning skills. I guess this is the part where you break down my wording and take everything literally to the nth degree as if we don't use phrases like "you all" liberally.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Didn't say it was unreasonable, just question your capacity for reason, oh blind squirrel.

Lump me in all you want, but I've never once said Tebow was treated unfairly, ye stopped clock.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My reasoning skills are quite sound thank you very much. I made the conscious decision a long time ago to not waste my time trying to reason with unreasonable people like most tebots are.

If you didn't fall into that category then fine, but most tebots on here did.

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Invalid generalizations are a form of faulty reasoning. So no, they're not quite as sound as perhaps you'd like to think.
    Apology accepted. :metal: