Team USA Basketball:

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 28, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm not going to lie. I'm not all that impressed with this roster. The global world is getting much better in basketball and this USA roster isn't as scary looking as the one's we've grew up loving.

We're without some of our very best like King James, Steph Curry, James Harden,
    CP3, Antony Davis,

Head coach: Gregg Popovich.
    Assistant coach: Steve Kerr.

F Kevin Durant.
    G Damian Lillard.
    G Devin Booker.
    F Jayson Tatum.
    G Bradley Beal.
    G Zach LaVine.
    F/C Kevin Love.
    FC Draymond Green.
    F/C Bam Adebayo.
    F Khris Middleton.
    G Jrue Holiday.
    F Jerami Grant.

We're without some of our very best ball players like King James, Steph Curry, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, CP3, Anthony Davis and many more and now being replaced by the likes of Grant? Holiday? Draymond? KEVIN LOVE?!?

I am excited for kids like Dame, Booker, Tatum, Beal, LaVine, Bam Bam and Middleton (all well deserved imo) and yes I'll admit I'm in love with KD's game and jealous he's in Brooklyn.

Lets back this team up support our kids and hope to basketball gods we never get upset again.

Gold
    Medal(s):

The dream team of 1992 I was 7-8 years old my favorite All-Time Dream Team because of #33 Patrick Ewing my favorite sports player ever still to this day. I believe that's the greatest baseball team of All-Time.

Our 1980's team USA withdrew but let's let's hope that another...

• 1972 (lost to the Soviets by 1 point).

• 1988 (lost to Soviets again but got their ass back Miracle on ice 1980).

• 2004 (got absolutely embarrassed led by coach Larry Brown and players in LeBron, Melo, Duncan, A.I, Marbury, Wade, Amar'e, Matrix, Boozer, Emeka, Odom and R-Jefferson and made me want to cry watching us to to Puerto Rico by 20+ and Lithuania before getting eliminated and bounced by Argentina;

Never happens again (ever).

Which is why I can never consider this current generation as better basketball players than my 1980's/1990's childhood legends they would've never lost a basketball game to anyone, any place, any time, anywhere; ever.

• What are your thoughts about our team? Any chance we can get upset and not win it all?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The way the NBA is allowing itself to be designed, superstars don't want to be coached anymore, they want a series of pickup games that turn into endless highlight reels. For decades we saw all star games where there was no coaching and no defense, and now when you watch season games that's exactly what the NBA has turned into.

They want to go on tour for the Olympics and when you put a coach who is known as a hardass in charge of the Olympic team, the big guns aren't going to show. They put on a nice little PR dance talking about how much they respect him but in reality it's their worst nightmare to play for him because it would require them to set their ego on a shelf for 5 minutes.

Coaching in the NBA is being reduced to an administrative function that provides loose structure and guidance to what happens on the court, a position to be tolerated but no longer feared or respected.

#2 abyzmul, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Cman68, stinkyB, patleahy and 2 others like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn man well said.

I remember those All-star games throughout the early to mid 1990's as a kid. The defense wasn't there like a normal game but the competitive nature was. Jordan vs. Kobe was one of my favorites. By the time the 2000s came the stars never cared enough to even join the dunk contest anymore Vince Carter was the last of a dying breed.

You're on the money with Pops too imo the greatest basketball coach of All-time. Phil Jackson can have his 100 rings Pops did it 5x with Duncan and two A+ role players in Parker and Manu and 100s of role players thereafter. Everyone always thought San Antonio basketball was boring. But not me. I thought it was basketball perfection. The passing and teamwork and defense was so fun to watch.

Now thinking about it I think this team USA team is going to be fun to watch with a bunch of hungry kids not self named "King James". I respect K.D so much more for wanting to play for us because if not we would be in trouble..

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This about sums up why the league now sucks perfectly. Well said.

Not to mention, the "load management" stuff is a load of bullshit and guys purposely sit out for a week with a sprained vagina because the superstars have all colluded together on teams that they can still go 3-1 during four game honest and against the Pistons, Magic and Hornets with the other superstar in.

The NBA should just contract some of these teams, shorten the season and turn the whole thing into a model like college basketball and March Madness. Half the teams lose money anyways and 3/4's of the league never has a chance in hell at winning a damn thing in the playoffs.

abyzmul likes this.
  5. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

you have your moments, Byz. you have your moments.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

So proud of both our men's and women's USA basketball team me and my daughter stay up late to watch every game together we've had a blast!

Kevin Durant I may not like as a Brooklyn Net but I absolutely love him as a USA ball player he's absolute fire .

"The rest of the world has caught up to American basketball" my ass. We're sending our C team out there and still destroying the globe.

Last night I was so nervous down 15 points late 2nd Q and then Magic happened. KD happened. And defensive intensity happened. USA heart Happened. Destroyed Australia by 19. A 34 point turnaround of absolute dominance.

Both men's and women's Australian teams beat us during scrimmage games heading into Tokyo but when it mattered most? Win or go home? Australia was no match for our Country. Both got sent home.

USA girls vs Serbia later tonight @ 12 a.m and I'm so fired up for my daughter because
    Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Brittney Griner and Breanna Stewart are truly a special force (she calls them the DREAM TEAM) and Breanna Stewart is really the Kevin Durant of team USA women's basketball her skill level is just on a completely different level she is so fire my daughter plays little league as a little BEAST SF and her basketball hero has always been Diana Taurasi but now she wants a poster of Breanna Stewart!