TCGF's Post Combine Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Little different direction:

Trade Darrelle Revis to San Fran for 2nd round pick (KC's) and 2014 2nd rounder.

Let walk:
    Brandon Moore, OG
    Matt Slausson, OG
    Mike Devito, DE
    Dustin Keller, TE
    Braylon Edwards, WR
    Lex Hilliard, FB
    Shonne Greene

Resign
    Laron Landry, S (3 years, 19 mil)
    Jeff Cumberland, TE (1 year, 2 mil tender)
    Austin Howard, TE (1 year, 2 mil tender)
    Yeremiah Bell, S (1 year, 2 mil)
    Clyde Gates WR, minimum

Free Agency
    QB Chase Daniel - Loved him in college, has had a couple years under Brees in a high powered offense. Undersized but very accurate and could have success.
    OG Geoff Schwartz - Quality o-lineman looking for a spot to start. Would step in at RG.
    OLB Victor Butler - Doesn't fit Dallas new 4-3, has had success in limited spurts. Another guy that would come hopefully with a lower price tag looking to prove himself.
    OLB Antwan Barnes - Bigger 3-4 OLB who would come at a reasonable price.

Draft:

1) Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. Explosive player that with Hill & Kerely would form a WR corp loaded with potential.

2) Giovanni Bernard, RB, UNC. If Eiffert was here I'd rather him but I think he goes in the first round. If Bernard is healthy he's another very athletic player who'd fit well in a WCO.

2) Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn. Good pass rusher could work his way into the rotation on passing downs.

3) Brennan Williams, OT, UNC. Talented lineman who can start off as a swing tackle and work his way to challenging Howard at ROT.

4) Tyron Mathieu, DB, LSU. I think you have to take him this early and I think the risk is worth the potential reward.

5) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama. Would be a solid #2 TE who's a better run blocker than Cumberland

6) Phillip Lutzenkirchen, FB/TE Auburn. H-back type who can catch the ball.

7) Mike Catapano, DE, Princeton. The next Devito.

Depth Chart:

QB: Daniel/Sanchez, Mcelroy
    RB: Powell, Bernard, McKnight
    FB: Lutzenkirchen
    WR: Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Patterson, Gates
    TE: Cumberland, Williams, Reuland
    OT: Ferguson, Howard, Williams
    OG: Ducasse, Schwartz, Schlauderoff
    OC: Mangold

DE: Wilkerson, Copes
    NT: Pouha, Wilkerson
    OLB: Butler, Barnes, Lemonier, Mcintyer
    ILB: Harris, Davis, Mauga
    CB: Cromartie, Wilson, Mathieu, Walls
    S: Landry, Bell, Allen, Bush

Summary:

Obviously would need some depth along the d-line, at LB and O-line but I think this kind of offseason sets the team up going forward. Thing I wanted to focus on was speed and playmaking ability. I think that's what you need in todays NFL and the Jets don't have enough.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Hate it. Not knocking your effort but I would hate that offseason.

The Revis compensation is way to low.

I think that Pattersons teammate will be the better pro in Justin Hunter. I will blow a gasket if we draft Allen or Patterson.

I think Daniels is way to low key to make any kind of push on Sanchez. We have to bring in someone that would actually have a shot at being the starter.

The only players in your draft that I really like are Bernard and Brennan Williams. A lot of those picks that you have are very raw or risky developmental type players and we can't afford to take gambles like that this offseason.

IMO

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

need more picks than that to deal Revis to a SB ready team. I would rather take a pass rusher in the first, then DeAndre Hopkins in 2, but that's just me.

4. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

I don't like Cordarelle Patterson. His footwork and route running makes me sick in my mouth. I'm not sure he would be able to get separation at the NFL level. Whereas DeAndre Hopkins doesn't rely on speed, but crisp route running and the ability to catch any ball thrown in his general direction.

I think we need a stud pass rusher. All the players you've brought in to play OLB are decent for depth purposes but I don't see any of them getting 10+ sacks a year. We desperately need a 10+ sack guy.

5. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Nice effort but I'd be pretty disappointed if they go WR before the 4th round.

1)pass rusher or stud OL (Jordan or warmack)
    2) RB and whichever we didn't get during round 1 (OL or pass rusher)
    3) TE (kid from cinci is perfect here)
    4) OL
    5)...whatever

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm OK with drafting a WR as early as the second, but we already have our physical freak-project WR in Hill, so Patterson is too risky. I would like to see us draft a more polished WR like Hunter, Hopkins, or Woods. IMO, Woods has the best hands of any of the WRs.

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I would hate this offseason..

Does nothing at all imo to address QB.
    Has Ducasse starting without a reasonable backup. TE's remain terrible, as i'm not a fan of Cumberland at all. Patterson is a reach at 9, and far from the biggest need on this team.
    I don't like letting go of Devito, Moore or Edwards, when they'd be cheap vets at needed positions.
    The trade comp for Revis is too low.

I do like the Bernard, Williams and Williams picks (although i was hoping Michael Williams would slide down further, but maybe not).
    I like the cheap FA's you brought up as well.
    But overall with this offseason, it wouldn't be looking to good for us.

8. duncc5

duncc5 Member

I really like your mock draft. Depending on who's there at #9, we could do a lot worse than Patterson... I think he's gonna be a stud. Adding him, Gio (my fav prospect FWIW), and Williams (x2) would give our offense the youthful injection that it needs. Lemonier could also be a great situational pass rusher for us. We don't necessarily need a guy who can play 3 downs, just someone who can help get our D off of the field by getting pressure on the QB. As far as QBs go... I would not touch a single one in the first two rounds. Anyone who thinks we can solve our QB problems in this year's draft is (probably) dreaming.

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

As much as I wouldn't like your offseason to happen, I think as a prediction there is a pretty good chance for a lot of it to come true.

As for the Revis compensation, if a bidding war doesn't happen, the 2 x 2nd rounders may be pretty accurate at this point. We don't hold all the cards in that deal.

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I could see the lack of enthusiasm behind this offseason but I think it's probably too realistic.

At the very least I was on the Chase Daniel bandwagon before it started getting some twitter steam.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Good prediction.

I really don't follow everyone's FA predictions, so no disrespect.