TC Report 8/19

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcane, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

nice head-fake, JC....I actually thought a report would be here. :wink:

3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

So i scored an easy layup?

:beer:

4. Denny

Denny Active Member

Oh that was so uncool dude. But she made it hurt less for sure.

5. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

you got me too! Not once but twice.lol

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Alright, this is the real deal.

Today was a busy day, as the team practiced in pads and football pants.

LC suited up but was a non-factor in the scrimmage plays.

Shaun Ellis suited up, stretched and walked through the unit drills, but only ran back and forth across the field during the scrimmage. Still a good sign seeing him in uniform, though.

I tried to keep an eye on Cummings, as I said I would, but once the scrimmage started, he was not to be seen. Towards the end of the practice I realized he was wearing a scout team jersey, and that is why I didn’t really notice how he did in practice. He looked okay stretching, though. ;-)

The team started out with punting/ return reps. Leon muffed one early on and had the honors of being the first one to take a lap today. Ratty had to take one too later on. Not too many mistakes today, so not too many laps had to be run.

Ainge got a lot of face time running the scout team today. He did alright- not great, not terrible. Ratty also took some scout team snaps.

They would run a series or two of plays, and then the first team O would come out against the first team D, then the second teams, then the scout team vs the first team D, then the scout team vs. the second team D. A lot of shuffling in and out of personnel.

Mattison had a good practice- he seemed to be very involved in things.

Interesting that there was some flip-flopping on the D today, as they had DeVito and Kenyon switch sides, had Revis back at LCB for some reps, and also switched Gohlston to LOLB on the second team (BT was there on the first team). I don’t necessarily read too much into it- probably just giving them a different perspective.

Lowery saw the field a bunch today, at RCB (Miller started there) and in the nickel and dime defenses. Lowery picked Ainge and took it to the house.

Kareem Brown and Mosley saw the field a lot, switching off at NT with the 2d team.
    Brown looked pretty good today.

Gohlston was playing on a lot of STs today- both punting and KO teams. I didn’t notice if he played much STs during the game, but he got a lot of reps there today. I look at this as a good thing, as the CS must think he is ready for some more stuff on his plate.

Then they then did some KO reps and went back to more scrimmage stuff. 42 continues to look good returning kicks. I think that other than the WRs, who run a lot of patterns, playing ST in TC is the hardest thing to do in TC- running up and down the field in the heat. Gohlston did okay there, and so did Spencer.

Favre is Favre. There is no doubt watching him how good he still is. Give him some time and he will find an open receiver and get the ball to him. His vision of the field is tremendous.Today, Cotchery was his main man. He found him downfield again and again. Though most of the stuff they ran today was short and mid-range stuff, Favre to Cotchery kept happening. Keller also had a couple of nice receptions- from Favre and from Ratty, and a couple of them were on very athletic looking moves. He's a playa.

Wallace Wright had a very strong day. I have talked up WW before, and then he didn’t do very much in the PS games other than STs, but he really had an awesome day out there today. Other than Cotch, WW had the most receptions of the WRs. Stuckey was kind of quiet, and as mentioned, Coles was a non-factor today. (Edit- Stuckey had 2-3 catches at the end of the day, during the two minute drill, right after i left the building).

Franks had several receptions, and didnt drop any. In fact, there were no drops in camp today, other than one juggling attempt by cotch that he couldnt hold on to.

They ran a lot of running plays with Jones, Chatman and Leon, and it looked like they have put more plays and packages into the offense for Favre. There was a lot more shifting around before the snap, he made some audibles, and is definitely making progress getting acquainted with the offense. They ran a really nice play of which I wont go into too much detail, but it did feature TJ, who made a big gain out of it, and it definitely caught the D off guard.

They stocked the tent shop with red Favre TC jerseys that look really sweet, if you’re into that kind of thing.

Tomorrow is the last day of open practice, and thus the last open practice at Hofstra. I will try to get there, but if I can not, then this is my final TC report. I do appreciate all the kind words and appreciative posts from all of you. If I didn’t think you enjoyed the reports, or didn’t appreciate them, I wouldn’t bother doing them. But I am happy keeping my Jet fans brethren informed throughout TC, and stoking the excitement level for the quickly approaching season.

Thanks for reading!

#6 Jetcane, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  7. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Great job JC. Thanks

Hope ya make it tomorrow

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Thanks. Tmw will be a 'gametime decision".

I really did it just to give people at work a heads up that a report was indeed coming. I tried to get it posted before 5, but got a phone call while I was typing it up that delayed me some.

9. Tenn_JetsFanatic

thanks for the report

10. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Thanks for posting man.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thanks JC - this site wouldn't be the same without your reports.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Great report as always. Thanks.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well actually I think your training camp reports are awesome. Thanks a lot. I do not even read the beat writers, save 1-2, anymore because the info forum members like you provide, is an order of magnitude better.

Sucks, it is an end of an era as far as Hofstra goes. Oh well ..........not going to take this thread down that road, it deserves better.

14. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Great report Jetcane..much appreciated!

15. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

thanks bro! Great report!

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

I heard Revis had a pick today also.

17. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

at least we're excited again to be Jets fans Jetcane-had we stuck with Chad/Clemens, I doubt we would have even seen any of your famous camp reports this summer-I was feeling the same way for the first time since Neil O'Donnell was our QB

18. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

Thanks JC, appreciate all these reports!

19. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Always a great read, thnx 4 puttin in the time & effort and the even keeled perspective....

20. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

http://manishgosalia.com/ss/jets0819/

Over 200 photos of yesterday's practice.

In #47, who is #23 again, and who is wearing red #88? (I thought it was Pociask through process of elimination, but not sure).

In #73 and 74, wright seen having a big day. he caught a quick look-in from favre and took it to the house against Revis on one play (I think that is #73).

In #148, I think that is Ball in blue 81.