Tankhaton 2019 - Where will Jets Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Currently we are picking 9th. I think we will win Dolphins game and Steelers game. This will leave us with 6 wins total. With 6 wins I think we will pick between 9th and 11th.

How do you guys see this play out?

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Also you think this belongs in Draft Forum or the main Jets forum? Will leave it up to you draftniks.

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think we will lose the steelers game. Boot on Jamals foot won't help us. Lets be honest. Jamal and Darnold are what makes this team tick. I'm not even sure we beat Miami. Fitzmagic is going on a run. They might win out. Sucks for them.

4. J-Raw24

We all know how fitzmagic work... he wins enough to make you not pick high enough but still not enough to make it to the playoffs.

Brook! likes this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not sure - think we may creep into 5-6 spot, as usual. looks like there will be a cluster of 4-12/5-11 teams so the the tiebreakers will tell the story.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Tough to say, I'll say between 7-13.

7. J-Raw24

I'm gonna say between 4-8.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

#7 now with Jacksonville and Atlanta winning. Looks like we’ll probably get 6th if they lose out since Arizona will probably win again.

9. J-Raw24

Arizona plays Seattle then LAR. Arizona probably won't win again. We have just as much chance of giants beating redskins then eagles.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Rams are overrated and will be eliminated by week 17 most likely. If that’s the case, they probably won’t play all their starters.

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about the Egyptian Pharaoh.

Br4d likes this.
  12. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Jets have the 10th pick at the moment. If they beat Buffalo on Sunday, the worst they could pick is 14th. The best scenario with a win would be 11th.

With a loss, they could move us as high as number 6. The worst scenario with a loss is staying at 10th.

Given those choices, I'd rather the Jets end on a high note with a great game from Darnold. If they can rebuild their line, he'll do better next year.

Also, just a fun fact. Sam Darnold is younger than Joe Burrow.

mrjet80, Brook!, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Another fun fact, Sam Darnold will only be 25 years old when his rookie contract is up. He won't even be in his prime yet.

FJF and mrjet80 like this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Jets march into Buffalo and whip the Bills especially considering the Bills may rest some of their starters. I’m gonna predict somehow the Jets stay put in the draft order and will be around #10.

I say if the Jets stay put and don’t trade down they will select one of the two WRs Jeudy or Lamb unless Thomas is still on the board which is a remote possibility.

But if they are sitting anywhere from #11-14 and those three players are gone I’m hoping they trade down a few spots to add another second rounder and maybe get a guy like Humphrey later in the first round.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

As of right now, the Jets will be drafting #11. Yesterday's win was costly. They dropped from #7 to #11. That difference could cost them Thomas or a windfall in a trade down. Yeah, draft position doesn't matter. ROFLMAO

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This is why the Jets are a shitty franchise. No one will ever remember a meaningless win against Pitt in Dec 2019. Yet if Thomas turns into a multiple time Pro Bowler many will remember that. The only hope is that Joe Douglas is a savant talent evaluator and shrewd draft strategist. No pressure.

J-Raw24 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. J-Raw24

We still could have trade back options. There are always trades between 11-16 but it won't net as much return. That said I don't know why we would trade back to draft Humphrey who has a good possibility of being there at the top to the 2nd. Kinda makes no sense. We could trade up in the 2nd and it not cost much.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's possible I guess that some team might want to trade up for a player between 11-16, but not very likely imo.

We cannot afford to trade up. Sorry, but that makes no sense. We need more picks, not less, and I disagree that it wouldn't cost much. The Jets don't even need to be thinking about trading up any time in the forseeable future. That's one of the reasons that the Jets have had no depth and holes all over the roster, because of all the trading up Tanny did, and all the missed picks by Tanny, Idzik and Mac.

19. J-Raw24

Lol I replied to you in the other channel... 2 channel on same subject is asinine.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Draft position would matter if Thomas was a guarantee to be better than who the Jets could draft at 10-14. He’s not though.. Building a winning culture is far more important than 5-7 spots in a draft.

Brook! and FJF like this.