Superhero Depression: Breaking Up

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

I feel alone when I say I still miss Chad.
    I just watched his introductory press conference. And it really made me sad because
    Chad was pretty much unloved, and unappreciated for most of his career as a Jet.
    75% of it anyway.
    It's easy to love Brett Favre. EVERYONE loves Brett Favre. He's the prom king.
    Chad was the ugly girl in the corner, who came with her closeted gay friend because no one else would ask her. (ignore the genders of this analogy)
    He ended up being my favorite Jet. The Chad.
    A tremendous part of it was the way he handled all the negativity, doubt, and adversity that he braved with such class at all times; the fact that he WAS the outcast in so many eyes. I love the dark horse in every case, I suppose.
    And there were times when it was downright vicious with the attacks that came down upon him, here there and everywhere. All over one little old limb, overlooking the brain and heart.
    Most people only saw what he couldn't do with such limited-but-necessary tools: arm and legs.
    I always saw what he COULD do with the same limited tools.
    It's a sunshiner/darksider parallel universe...glass is half-empty/half-full thing I suppose.
    I always look on the bright side, and I'm always going to support whomever is wearing a Jets uniform, 100%. In good times and bad. Richer, poorer, sickness and health.
    It's part of what true love is.
    In the real world...
    you love, not necessarily for who people are...but in spite of who they are.

I feel guilty for writing about Chad still, when the sunshine is beaming in from every direction. Hardly a cloud in the sky. So I promise, I'll never write about Chad here again.
    This is my final goodbye. It's been a part of the grieving process.

I leave these two threads in the funeral pyre:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=30588
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=10955

Cordially,
    Green Lantern

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

My secret is out. I am Dr. Christian Troy too.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

nevermind.

#3 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008