Strickland injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenBleeder, Sep 22, 2009.

1. GreenBleeder

GreenBleeder Member

Has anyone seen an update on Donald Strickland's ankle injury?

He has been real solid in the 2 games so far. He has made a substantial amount of plays that made him standout. Forced Fumble and pressure on Shepard's INT in Houston and six tackles in pretty much a half vs. Pats. (Although, he did miss one tackle on Edelman that stood out as well). You hate to say this about a backup, but I fell like he would be a big loss. Lowery and Coleman are servicable, but this guy sems to make plays constantly.

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I think the fact that it's been so quiet is a good thing. Sheppard also left the game in the first half and didn't return.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sheppard has a quad and they can take awhile.

4. GreenBleeder

GreenBleeder Member

I kind of feel that after the first 2 games, Strickland would be as big a loss as Shepard would be.

5. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

I don't even entirely blame that missed tackle on him. I feel like he held him up long enough to get some safety help, either they were so far away they couldn't get there in time or they gave up on the play.

Strick has been outstanding at the nickel, we definitely need him back healthy. He may emerge as our second best corner before the season is over.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Lowery will step up against the #2. Strickland needs to be back. I do not want to see Coleman out there. He had a good game, but I'd rather put him in and give Strickland a rest if we're up by a bunch in the 3rd or 4th. So, I'd really like to see Strickland back in practice or ready to go on Sunday.

7. GreenBleeder

GreenBleeder Member

Agreed. Although given enough PT Lowery will get exposed.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Maybe. He's still learning, so he very well could be exposed. Having said that, I'll take his potential and skillset over Coleman. I really can't stomach him in coverage. It's like watching a smaller version of David Barrett.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

That all depends how much time we give QB's to sit back in the pocket and pick us apart. So far, they've been pretty unsuccessful. I think Lowery will have a strong year. So he needs to seize this opportunity and step up.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I really have liked what I've seen from him so hopefully he'll be back before too long. He is extremely aggressive and seems to have a great head for the game.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I hope Strickland and Shepperd both get healthy asap. We need our defense in full force

12. KBJET

KBJET Member

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They are saying Sheppard was just cramps and hopes to play Sunday.
    Haven't seen anything on Strickland yet.

14. The Waterboy

If it means them being healthy for NO I would rather they both sit this week.

Don't want either reaggravating it this week.

I would think this week bring back the extra linemen for rotation to stop Johnson.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know, Lowery has shown some skills, he just needs to iron out that tendency to grab the wideout's jersey in plain view of an official. I thought for sure that they were going to flag that final pass defense he made on Galloway.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cramps that kept him out more than a half?

17. paulpark_bayside

paulpark_bayside New Member

i'd rather these guys sit out then rush them back early. we do have a lot of depth in our secondary, as i feel as though it was the most improved part of our defense over the offseason. remember that Lowery was our starting cornerback last year with Revis. He looks ready to have a big year, with his rookie year under his belt. Strickland has looked great and we're going to need him later on in the year as the weather starts getting colder. Sheppard will be key as well. Better to have them 100% then and have them out this week, then rush em back and not have em healthy later on.

18. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

True

For the Titans we should be able to use Gholston and Westerman or a couple of other lineman to stop their running game. They won't really pass the ball so much like the Patriots

Get Strickland and Sheppard healthy for the Saints game if they can't go this game.

19. The Waterboy

Just relaying what he said. It's possible that with how the D was playing they just were being cautious and held him out the rest of the game.

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Just from my general impression it seemed like Strickland was all over the field on Sunday - he was really flying to the ball. I hope the ankle isn't serious - he looks like a major asset to our secondary right now.