Stomp the Rams!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PleaseWinSuperBowlJets, Nov 2, 2008.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

We just saw the Rams get killed by Arizona, a team we killed. Here's to another Jet victory.:jets::jets:

2. Mr. Papagiorgio

The Rams have been playing better lately outside of today since Haslett took over. They did win at Washington. Donnie Avery seems to be developing into a pretty good receiver. We should be favored, but on any given Sunday...Bengals just got their first win over Jacksonville today. KC almost beat Tampa.

#2 Mr. Papagiorgio, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

I am going to this game on Sunday and I am jacked. I hope I see exactly what we saw today..dominating defence, and great offensive play calling.
    Go Jets!

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

1. Be careful of Donnie Avery. People laughed at STL for making him the 1st WR taken of the 2008 class but this kid is fast as heck and reminds me of Lee Evans. Dwight Lowery has his hands full, I've followed Avery since he's on my fantasy squad.

2. Take advantage of the slow Rams O-Line. That's still the biggest weakness of the STL team and if the Jets get the pressure that they did today, then a still wounded Bulger will be on the ground a good 4-5 times no question

3. Rams LB are rather slow, so this is a great time for the dumpoffs to the likes of Leon and Coles. Couldent ask for a better matchup IMHO. Thomas Jones can be effective too in a game like this, Carricker and Long are still young and can be taken advantage of by the Jets O-Line.

4. Rams CBs are very small so Cotchery is the go to guy in this game, I expect Jerricho to have a 5 catch 105 yd day with 1 TD. Safeties arent much of a threat either so Keller can be pretty useful here if he can get his chances.

5. Rams have gotten their W's vs WSH and DAL and that is because BOTH of those teams committed stupid penalties that ended up for TDs/FGs(Kendall's miscue, Portis late fumble, Brad Johnson threw I think 2-3 picks including one that went all the way). Favre cant have a 3rd INT for a TD in a row, I know you can say this for any game but STL is dependent upon other teams mistakes as opposed to them really pounding it out.

Haslett has the team playing hard as opposed to Linehan who the players frankly quit on. Also helps that yet another "Western Conference" team is heading out East, so that works in our favor, much less at a 1PM showtime EST.

Jets 28 Rams 17

#4 BakerMaker, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  5. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

stop starting these threads about the jets stomping other teams its not going to happen

6. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Yeah a lot of people including me and my friend laughed our asses off at the Avery pick and him being the 1st WR off the board but this kid has showed he can play.

Him and Steven Jackson are two playmakers that can make things happen so becareful tho our run D should contain Jackson hopefully

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Love the analysis, and agree with most of what you said. But as far as O.J. Otagwae goes, Stay away from that guy, he reminds me very much of Kerry Rhodes.

Otherwise shut down Steven Jackson and pressure bulger while covering Avery over the top and we stand a good chance of walking away with a 3 game win streak.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Never know man , Rams have been playing good lately under Haslett but coming off a huge win against a division rival for a chance at 1st and where at home... Bottom line is we gotta beat the Rams and good.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You have to bring it every week in the NFL. Look at today's games. Cincy, Lions, KC, all with strong showings.

10. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

Aha, I have finally traced the root cause of the Jet Jinx...don't you guys know to never predict a Jet win? Isn't that what happened w/ Oakland?

ps.... does anyone have a copy of the jet/chief game from last week on video or dvd? I went to the game and set my dvr to record it but direct tv had some kind of interruption (figures ...never happened before) and came back to hawaii to find nothing got recorded since the failure. I would really appreciate it if I could get a copy...Posterity sake....mahalo

MauiJet

11. sect105

sect105 New Member

I think the Jets would take the Rams rather seriously. They are Dangerous. By no means is this game a gimme.

12. sect105

sect105 New Member

13. solidd36

solidd36 New Member

This will be a tough game, the Rams are no longer a joke.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

This game is gonna' be won on turnovers. If our D can play like they did in Buffalo, forcing turnovers and possibly scoring, then we should be alright. However, vice versa, if our Offense gives up alot of turnovers we're gonna' be screwed. Because lets be honest, our Offense is not putting many points on the board these past few weeks. Let Jay Feely chip away at them all day, throw in a good ST performance and we'll be golden. Our offense is not the reasons we're winning games, with the exception of the Arizona game which was just a bombing run by both parties.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Now this is the true definition of a trap game. Hopefully the Jets don't get caught looking ahead to the Pats game. This is a chance for the Jets to really get into a groove heading into the showdown with the Pats.

16. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I can deliver it to you personally if you'll pay my airfair :). Actually I do have it on VHS (I know old technology). If you want it PM me.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Rams are not a gimmie game by any means. If we play bad, we will lose.

Just like Miami at the end of the season - a very difficult game.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Rams suck. They are (2-6), I watched the Redskins game, they should not have won that game at all, sort of like the Raiders win vs. us, but the Raiders even deserved that win more. Their other win was vs. Dallas without Romo and Dallas has played like crap lately anyway.

The Jets need to win this game in convincing fashon, not another Chiefs game.

19. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Just kidding football gods! The Rams have been showing flashes of decent football and they will flash all over us. We will be LUCKY to SQUEAK out with a win. Please do not pay any attention to the bad mojo in this thread. We all know that the lowly Raiders handed us our heads, and any given Sunday means ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

Lets just hope for a win, and hope that thats not asking to much.

Thanks!

A Jet Fan who knows bad mojo when he sees it.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thats the problem with Jets fans, we have been let down so much. The Rams are an inferior team coming to our house. Jets should win with ease. Mangini won't let them look to the Patriots game. Atleast I don't think so.