Steven A Has A Point

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Steven A Smith is ripping the Jets passing on Deshaun Watson and he’s 100% right.

What irks me is that we were somehow happy enough with our young QBs to pass on the guy despite the fact that we’re not confident to start them over a 38 year old QB.

This is why this franchise continues to fail. We continue to give these defensive coaches the keys to the castle and we draft defense because our drafts are essentially a defensive coordinators wish list.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is a funny conundrum really, he was ranked the best QB by most draft boards and 2nd best by another yet was the third selected QB, he was really selected on a pick traded by the Browns and how sick must they feel now by not taking him and taking Kizer in the 2nd round.

Can you spank the Jets for it, nobody was grumbling when they took Adams, an unbelievable selection by a lot of commenters and especially at 6 but then hindsight is a wonderful thing plus would he have been able to do what he has done for the Texans behind our OL ?

Dom, NCJetsfan, Jets69 and 1 other person like this.
  3. oldrover

oldrover Member

[​IMG]

Like K'OB said, I bet Cleveland, plus Chicago and San Francisco are thinking the same thing. Maybe even some who drafted AFTER #6. Hey, who could have drafted Aaron Rodgers? Sheesh. That's Stephen A., talking out of his a$$... again.

Peebag, fansince90 and Jets69 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Watson has only played in 6 games. Way too early to crown him

Slagan7, Dom, Peebag and 7 others like this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

I am not so much questioning this based on the results, but I am questing the logic of our organization. If you aren’t confident to start one of your two young QBs over a 38 year old journeyman, then they should be out there drafting one.

6. BrowningNagle

unless they think the QBs in the draft arent any good. Then you have 4 bad QBs instead of 3. I'll take a safety instead

7. Quinnenthebeast

I disagree on the fact that having a QB is the ticket to success in this league or at very least masks lots of problems. I would rather them draft one every year until we finally get a good one.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If he was a Jet playing the way he is after 6 games he would be crowned king ! and future HOF but on another team "its only 6 games"

fansince90 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Steven A Smith doesn't have a point.

Jets are simply waiting for the right prospect to be available. Watson has been playing very well no doubt, but the weather conditions have been damn near perfect. He has 2 excellent receivers and a coach that knows how to use his skill-set. I don't think Watson would've been a great fit here. Lamar Jackson however, now that's a QB I hope we don't pass on.

At the end of the day, if we get Jackson next year, I'll be happy with Adams, Maye and Jackson as our QB.

Peebag and FJF like this.
  10. Jetsfansince95

Ever notice how the same teams manage to always mess up their QB picks

11. BrowningNagle

I agree with you that having a good QB is the ticket to success but the key word is "good" QB. Its not like raffle tickets where the more you get the better chance you have.

12. Jetsfansince95

Anyway if he was on the Jets he would be riding the bench

dogg, Centiment, CBG and 3 others like this.
  13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I have no problem with our draft picks. ZERO.
    In fact ... this is looking like it has a chance to be our best overall class in the past 20 years.
    2000 and 2006 would be the measuring sticks.

#13 truthbtold, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Or he could be the next RG III, then the Jets are still searching for the FQB plus have a vacancy at S

fansince90 likes this.
  15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Petty and Hack might have looked better in Gailey's system, and crashed and burned in Morton's. Maybe we should start having Training Camp before the draft?

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He would be able to play just fine. This Oline is far from a problem and is about average. He doesn’t have Fuller and Hopkins here but he is superior to the journeyman we have out there. What could of been though. He was there for the taking but yet this front office jizzes over any defensive player they like....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I LOVED Deshaun Watson at Clemson, but I didn't want the Jets to draft him. He has the leadership and intangibles, and athleticism, but I don't think he has the arm for the NE winters. I could be proven wrong, but I don't think he would be as successful here as in Texas, if for no other reason than he probably would be riding the bench here behind McCown and wouldn't even be playing. The Texans have a HC who knows how to handle QBs. They have a great D and they have some weapons on offense. I don't know how their OL compares with ours, but I'm confident that even if he was starting here, he wouldn't be playing as well as in Texas.

fansince90 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It starts with the ownership. Had I known Woody is as clueless as he is I would have picked Giants or Cowboys as my NFL team. I became a Jets fan knowingly in 2006 after researching both Giants and Jets history after my company moved me to USA. At the time I didn't know I was going to be this hooked up to Jets. I just wanted to root for the underdogs at the time. Now, I am miserable due to Woody. He is a clueless trust fund baby.

dogg and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

You should always pick a Qb in the first round until you get your franchise guy, picking a safety when two potential guys like Watson or mahomes are on the board is just another failure from our front office

dogg, ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mahomes is playing at such a high level right now isn't he?

Jets69 likes this.