Steve Smith (panthers) for Steven Jackson?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 20, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

So here's the deal. my fantasy squad has been ravaged by injuries.

I had jamaal charles(fuck), and felix jones is my 2nd back....he's gonna play but with a separated shoulder so I doubt he'll get all the carries. my RBs on my bench are all meh....Pierre thomas, CJ spiller, ryan grant and caddy williams.

My WRs (we play 2 Rb, 2 WR, 1 flex) are larry fitzgerald, greg jennings, steve smith and Colston. Colston is injured but he'll come back at some point.

i'm gonna pick up Moore from the raiders and/or decker on the waiver wire...i'm 0-2 so i have waiver priority. i think one of those guys will be a decent flex play till colston gets healthy.

so i'm dangling steve smith because i think teams will start paying more attention to him in the upcoming weeks, and he was originally my 4th WR. someone offered me steven jackson straight up...obviously i don't pull the trigger until i know about his quad but i'm thinking that isn't a long term injury.

keep in mind it's a .5 ppr league and .2 per carry league

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Take It.

Teams gotta respect Cam both as a Rusher and a Passer, so they gotta put their Safetys Back, and with that OL and no more 8-9 man in the Box, I expect the Panthers to have more success in the Runninggame again.

And SJax for Smith straight up is pretty good Value.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

good point. i hope you're right about the running game, because i have deangelo williams in my other league. hasn't done shit

but out of necessity, this is a move i need to make. colston will make a good flex when he comes back

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I tend to disagree, they were close against the Pack and Cam still threw a ton. I have a feeling that Steve Smith will have a year like Brandon Lloyd had last year. Smith will see a ton of love from his rookie teammate. Steven Jackson scares me a bit as he gets hurt quite a bit he has only played a full year twice in 8 years (I own him in one of my leagues)

5. jets_fan_in_fishtown

the point is not who's going to be the better player, the point is I *need* RBs. i already have two beasts in fitzgerald and jennings, and i also have antonio gates as my TE. while he has no TDs yet, that'll change soon.

i have depth at the WR position. but i literally have no one worthy outside of felix jones now that charles is out for the year. and felix might not be 100% for awhile

IMHO, steve smith is a sell high type of dude. there's no way he keeps up this pace. i think teams will start scheming better when they get some film of cam (think about sanchez year 1 and other young QBs), and part of that will involve taking away Smith. even if he's still putting up numbers, i need to make a move for a RB.

i already accepted the trade. i know Jax is injury prone, but honestly if i can get 10-12 games out of him i'll be happy. i'm 0-2 and can't let my season spiral out of control

#5 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. ........

........ Trolls

Ugh. Before the season, I traded Eli Manning and Steve Smith for Tony Romo. I already picked up Newton. Could have had the combo.

I'm always of the mindset that RBs are a better get than WRs, but Jackson's injury may linger all season. I'd probably keep Smith if it's not a huge drop off at RB.

EDIT: Just read your last post. Nevermind. Deal away.

7. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

I would have probably stood pat to get a better RB than SJax, since SS could possibly be back to his top 5 WR form.
    I've been a Jackson owner and I got tired of the "Is he playing this week?" game.

Moot point....GL!