Stephon Gilmore killing it in camp!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Bills over Jets, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Reports are that he is getting interceptions and breaking up passes all over the place. He is featured on a quite a few highlight portions.

This guy is going to be the steal of the draft. He's going to be a dominant cover corner. Being able to shut down #1 receivers will take our defense from good to elite overnight.

2. joolander

joolander New Member

Maybe your quarterbacks just suck worse than ours. If you know anything about football the defenses usually dominate during this part of OTAs

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Of course he does. He has RYAN FITZPATRICK throwing passes for the offense.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Being 19th against the pass and 28th against the run counts as good? Delusional. Picking up a pair of pass rushers didn't take you from "awful" to "good" overnight either. Your defense hasn't played a snap, it's awful until proven otherwise.

Basically every part of your post is going to get you laughed at for good reason. You are one of the more over-the-top fans I've seen. Can't wait for your reality check come September.

Edit: #10 overall pick is a steal lol

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why are you here?you offer nothing to any thread and are an obvious troll.seriously go to a bills board and discuss stephen gilmore and mario williams and the huge playoff drought you guys have been in and stop polluting this board with billshit

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Let's see which thread has been more realistic

The OP in Coples is killing it said: "Not to jinx him or anything but from everything ive read Coples has been impressing consistently in camp. I have read that he has even stood up at olb in certain formations. Definitely too early to label him a succesful pick but im really excited for what he might be able to do for us on defense this season."

The this thread: Reports are that he is getting interceptions and breaking up passes all over the place. He is featured on a quite a few highlight portions.

This guy is going to be the steal of the draft. He's going to be a dominant cover corner. Being able to shut down #1 receivers will take our defense from good to elite overnight.

If you are trying to mock the original thread you obviously are doing a terrible job and have reading comprehension problems. If you are being serious, might as well go to Vegas and put the Bills down for 19-0.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This post is an obvious jab at the Coples thread. The idea that you can tell anything at all from OTA's or minicamp is foolish.

8. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The Bills always look good during the summer -- remember when people said Shawne Merriman was back in DPOY form last training camp?

Unfortunately for Buffalo, winter is coming.

9. Bills over Jets

Thank you, that is the point I was trying to make. That, and a little social experiment which worked and turned out to be hilarious. When Jets fans talk about their own player in shorts with little to no basis for their reaction, its all cool. When someone else from another team write the same exact comments about their player with little to no basis, its ridiculous. Just having some fun and proving a point.

Tell me how I have reading comprehension problems when I wrote the exact same things as in the Coples thread, LOL.

Murrell2878 said:
    I said:
    Rockinz said:
    I said:
    Srgman1 said:
    I said:

I just think its absolutely hilarious that Jets fans say this crap about a guy in shorts with no physical contact, and when I say the SAME EXACT THING I get crucified with responses like:

They both play defense, don't they? LOL.

So it couldn't be that Coples is going against Wayne Hunter and the other scrub o-linemen in shorts? lol.

Neither has yours. So a steal at #16 is cool but #10 isn't, huh? LOL.

And the ultimate icing on the cake...

So I guess all those jets fans should be laughed at too "for good reason" and are some of the more "over-the-top fans I've ever seen" and need "a reality check." HAHAHAHAHAHA.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Relax Mr. Gilmore, your son still has a lot to learn.

11. Bills over Jets

Dude, read the rest of the thread, lol.

12. FJF

go back and read your o.p. and the o.p. from the coples thread.
    the coples thread uses a lot of "could be" and "hopefully".yours speaks in absolutes.
    my 2nd point is this is a jets message board so of course there is going to be some optimistic predicitions made as the thread starts rolling.
    and finally:why are you here?you offer nothing to any thread and are an obvious troll.why don't you go to a bills m.b. and talk about stephen gilmore and mario williams and the long playoff drought you guys have been in and stop polluting this board with billshit

13. displacedfan

So you take a bunch of quotes from one thread from 3 or 4 different posters then you take the response of 3 or 4 DIFFERENT posters and then say all the posters on here reacted this way. The only poster cross over was Murrell, the guy that has been hyping up Coples ever since before the draft pick was made, not just based on the original thread. So yeah your social experiment is no where near accurate or complete. You also left out some of the pessimistic and negative posts in the Coples thread and have you been ignoring all the negative posts about Revis and Holmes in general?

On top of this you also quoted a Patriots fan in strngplyr for some reason.

And even more you started this thread saying the quotes while the OP of the thread you are mocking was nothing like this. If the OP of the Coples thread went on with the bold predictions you might have seen more negative reactions, but they have very low expectations.

So yeah not similar at all. Good job, good effort.

The closest recent thread this could mimic is "Why Sanchez will succeed this year" but that poster listed reasonable reasons and that turned into a debate among Jets' fans on what Sanchez can offer. Nothing like what this OP was.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hey...cool story, bro.

15. Bills over Jets

What does it matter if its one guy's opinion or 4? Doesnt it make it worse if 4 different people say ridiculous shit vs. just 1 guy who could be deemed retarded?

You need to relax. This was a fun idea that seemed to get some defensive jet fans all riled up. I put it on the NFL for a reason. Take it easy.

16. FJF

again.this

17. Professor Frink

Dude, this thread is obviously a joke, you should chill out. He's just having some fun, there is no need to take things so personal. Hell, he didn't even quote you, why do you feel the need to stick up for other posters?

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Not reading any of the crap in this thread ill say this.

I think Coples and Gilmore both turn out to be incredible picks

Although Gilmore absolutely has a significantly bigger learning curve since hes a corner (and a pretty raw one), although if the Bills improved Dline can get it done he will be in an incredible position to succeed.

Gilmore also is a bit riskier though, but the guys a monster. If he fell to the Jets in the second id of gone nuts, even though the pick wouldnt make any sense.

19. displacedfan

I wasn't defending other posters, I was just trying to figure out what Bills is trying to prove. I don't think this mimics the Cople thread so saying why. I also don't think it proves that Jets fans overreacting to OTA's since the Coples thread got sidetracked by another Bills fan and the mention of Gholston. I like funny stuff and this wasn't funny.

Also, I guess people think I'm overreacting? The Coples thread wasn't even this ridiculous. There have been much more out of hand threads to mock like Stephen Hill initially being compared to Calvin Johnson. The Coples thread seemed like a poor choice to mock in my opinion so I didn't find this funny. Bills should have compared this guy to Revis and start talking about money wanted if he really wanted to make a solid joke

#19 displacedfan, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  20. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I'm a Pats fan, I never declared Jones at 21 or Hightower at 25 to be the steal of the draft or that our defense would go from awful to less than awful overnight.

Also being a Pats fan I was not aware this was a joke thread mocking a thread I don't remember reading.