Steelers/Chargers ending

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Poppa Naich, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

It didn't strike me at the time, but they overturned Polymalu's TD at the end of the game, that would have made the final 18-10. Instead, they overturned it, making it 11-10, and screwed over betters.

I didn't bet.... but what do you think abou this?

2. Big Poppa Naich

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Can this be moved to NFL section please?
    Thanks!

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

They have a right to bitch.

How they changed the call AFTER review is ridiculous. And saying the first one was a forward pass.. WTF were they looking at?

5. Big Poppa Naich

I have no idea what they could have been thinking. Why even review the play?

6. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Very shady play and game.

If it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat...

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Something like 80% of the money on that game had the Steelers covering 5-6 points. They leave it at 18-10 and Vegas loses alot. They reverse it to 11-10 and Vegas is laughing to the bank.

Not saying anything just saying.

I've got the names of those zebras and I'll almost certainly be fading the public on their games for a week or so.

[​IMG]

8. G3M1n180

G3M1n180 Member

I had the Chargers +5 so im happy. The money cleared but the score should of been 18-10. I heard they were rushing because Obama was getting ready to speak on CBS.

9. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The NFL admitted today that they bached the call and it should have been a TD. Good thing I had nothing riding on that game!

10. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Vegas apparently swiped ~66 million off the public on that call. Zebras make how much again? I'm almost positive now that there are rogue Zebras in the NFL much like Tim Donaghy. They obviously don't do it every game but this goes to show you they only need to do it once per year and whatever measly cut they get is still probably 10x bigger than their salary. I swear EVERY YEAR there is at least a couple games where a team backdoor covers or fails to because of a botched call. And the best way to do it would be on a play that doesn't change the straight up winner of the game. The Bolts-SD call, that was probably an honest mistake, this one couldn't be any more obvious. The refs say oops honest mistake guys! And anyone who talks about it gets fined by Adolf Goodell

#10 Antoni, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

This isn't the NBA. This is an actual sport.