Steelers Admit They Got Phantom First Down Against The Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcentric28, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I call Hornet..he's involved.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I like the way they just put this as a quick short story...but the Lowery "hold"
    Muooo hooo hoooooow
    wtf.

4. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

So I guess we'll get an apology letter from the NFL?

6. Royal Tee

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Don't hold your breath.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But why no challenge from Rex?

That's something I'm challenging. It makes no sense why the guys upstairs looking at the replay didn't tell Rex to throw it.

I wanna be the guy telling Rex what to challenge or not challenge. I'm great at that stuff. Get to watch the game live in a heated room with some food and beer, with a headset telling Rex if this is a good challenge or not. Sign me up.

FTR, I read a couple of personnel guys switch off on that responsibility each game. Scott Cohen, the assistant GM is one of the challenge review guys. I wonder what they are seeing on plays like those.

9. Royal Tee

I honestly think that after the GB debacle Rex has become gunshy on challenges.

I think he is holding them at a higher value now

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Ill tell you why. The phantom first down had absolutely no bearing on the game. It would have been 2md and 1....they get the first anyway.

The Lowery PI call if made, would have won the game for Pittsburgh. The Lowery play was PI guys. We all know it. If this had happened to the Jets, we would have been going APESHIT! And you, Tee, would have been screaming about a conspiracy against the Jets.

BUT BUT BUT, since it happened to the Steelers, not only are you saying it was no big deal but youre actually STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT A CALL THAT WENT AGAINST THE JETS!!!! Think about the insanity.

The anti-Jet conspiracy is retarded bullshit. Lowery could have and should have been called on that play. And on the Nacho TD, we EASILY could have been called for a leg whip or trip. Please guys. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop with the "refs are against us bullshit" and the "media is against us bullshit" Its fucking retarded!!!!!!!!!!! Its embarrassing. Unless youre 8 years old are younger, then my rant does not apply to you.

11. jonnyd

why would you challenge that when even if you win , its still 2nd and 1???????/ What a stupid fuckin challenge that would have been.

12. Royal Tee

It had no bearing? are you serious?
    U do realize they got that & another great spot on a drive that gave them 7 points.
    How does that have no affect?

and dude seriously, stop w/ the conspiracy BS...you can get those other mamaos but when I post it it's because I see it.
    We saw it and mentioned it and you start crying that we're saying conspiracy and all this shit.
    In your head you are saying that we believe it's a conspiracy when no one here said anything about it being against us because it's the JETS or any BS like that.
    If anything you are over reacting.

The fact that THEY WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT and you still try and scapegoat and now say it had "no bearing".

U wanna watch the game w/blinders fine, go ahead but when we see something and then are proven right you should just man the fuk up and stop screaming like Mrs.C

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I saw and the people I watched with thought it was a block in the back. I actually did not think that block was a penalty. That being said we have definitely been on the wrong side of calls on blocks similar to that one.

How do you know they get the first? The next play looks like it was called to get the first down thinking it was 2nd and 1 and was incomplete.
    You cannot go by anything after that because then it was clear the refs fucked up and gave them the first, so the Steelers knew it was 2nd and 10 , not 3rd and 1.

They most certainly could have gotten the first down but I would have liked our chances of stopping the 3rd and 1.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Actually..They miss the next three plays.

Now clearly that does not account for situational playcalling, but if you run the next couple plays....they punt or take 3.

15. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

There is no anti-jet conspiracy. sometimes the refs just flat out suck and one team benefits greater from it then the other. refs are human and can make mistakes too. In sports there will always be human error.

With that said yes the jets did get away with a few penalties, as did the steelers. the refs basically just let them play and dind't really call anything. i mean the "holding" on slauson wasn't holding. we would have been 1ts and goal form the 5 and instead wound up 2nd and 20 from like the 35. that could have cost us 4 points as well, i also seen ellis being held at least 3-4 times with no call. It is what it si. the calls weren't one sided for either team, they were bad calls all around. Point is you can't blame the refs cause at the end of teh game the steelers had 9 seconds with a 1st and goal form teh nine meaning 2-3 plays for the win and they only got 2 plays out of it and were stopped both times, in other words the jets made the plays when it counted and steelers didn't so the jets got the W and steelers didn't. not that big of a deal

16. All Star

All Star Active Member

Eh, I don't think it's worth a challenge in that situation.

I think they get the first easily anyway, and it is not like it is a difference in yardage.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Everyone saw the mistake live! No good excuse for it either. That said...

I doubt that a 2nd and one was the difference between the Steelers scoring or not on that drive. If it had been a 3rd down play, then it would have been a really big deal.

18. jonnyd

Due it would have been 2nd and 1. End of story. It was not a big deal. As a matter of fact, it was completely inconsequential to the game. The other bad spot by the way, would have been 3rd and two cock hairs.

As far as the conspiracy thing? Are you seriously saying Im making that part up? If you want to say that you arent one of the conspiracy theorists, go right ahead. But there have been hundreds of posts mentioning shit like the league is out to get us, the media has an agenda against us, the refs look the other way when fouls are committed against us etc. You really havent seen any of those? Really??

19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

It would have been 3rd and 1.

it was 2nd and 10 when that play happened.

Edit: You're right, I just went back and double checked. Still, the next play was an incomplete screen designed to get a short 1st down. Would have been 3rd and 1 after that.

#19 Lynkx, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Did u expect them to deny it?