Stadium Noise Level

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Feb 3, 2014.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Did anybody notice the stadium noise level last night? It was incredible and that's our home field. Some people say that our stadium isn't built for noise, or they added microphones to the stadium, or Seattle is a small state and fans only have a few teams to cheer for. Point of this all is their fans really bought into the 12th man theory and became a part of the game. They caused confusion to the point Peyton couldn't hear and his players couldn't even get the correct call you didn't even hear him call Omaha once during the game.

I've been to a few games in the new Stadium and I've noticed we have never achieved that level of Insanity. Usually people are at Concessions or the Bathroom or just could care less to cheer for the team as they sit in their seats or even the seats are empty. Some say it's the Superbowl that caused all of it but those fans are rowdy at home from game 1. I feel like we as fans can do alot more to help the team get a win and create havoc for any opposing team that steps into the Jets Stadium. Let's play our part as the fan base so we can one day hoist another Lombardi Trophy in our lifetime.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Well, step it the fuck up Jets fans.....

3. 518

518 Member

I disagree. The average Jets fan is not a multi-millionaire who has great PSL seats. There are a lot of season ticket holders but some try to make their money back by selling tickets to teams that have a huge following (Steelers and 49ers games were brutal). I was at the game where we beat New England this year and trust me, it was LOUD. When there is a big game on the line Jets fans show up and they're loud. I think this 12th man stuff is crap. Fans in Seattle are giving themselves a pat on the back for screaming, big deal. They have an amazing team.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I went to the Jets - Saints game, and the stadium was crazy loud.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

all i kept thinking to myself is they must have pumped crowd noise into the stadium or into the tv broadcast. i have a few people i know who went, i will see what they say about how loud the stadium was. it sounded far louder than i would have ever expected.

6. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

I wonder if all the Corporate big shots from Seattle stayed home because of all the weather hype and sold or gave their tickets to their employees.

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Not to discredit anything Seattle has created because their team is a great team on both sides of the ball with alot of low costing talent. But the fans play their part whether it's a Division Rivalry or a lowly 2 and something team they yell and get loud and are out their seats going crazy. Which I feel helps out tremendously. It's not only Seattle either it's NE, GB, Oakland, Philly etc.... Certain Games were loud and Certain games we are Booing what ever QB is playing bad for the moment louder than Cheering them on

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought the stadium was louder than normal for a Superbowl but I didn't think it was any louder than a normal Jets game.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's what I think happened. I think the Seahawks fans were well represented in the crowd. I think they got really loud at the start of the game and everybody else joined in. It's a Super Bowl. People are excited just to be there. The crowd gets loud and starts cheering and you join in because that's what you do when you are excited about what is happening in front of you.

So on that first play when the crowd noise caused the fumble it was probably all about the Seahawks fans pumping up the noise level and getting lots of people to join in.

There's nothing the Broncos fans can do to quiet things down at that point like they would have in a Denver home game.

And BTW, is Rex Ryan a genius or what? Has anybody else noticed how it has become common now to defer the ball when you win the coin-toss? The first time Rex did that in 2009 I thought it was pure chutzpah on his part to show off his defense. Now it is the standard move, to get the back to back possessions at the end of the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd.

The man does not get enough credit for being a brilliant coach but he is.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It was so loud, I couldn't hear Manning yell "Omaha!"

11. Br4d

I think I saw him yell "omigod" on that first snap over his head.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Huh?

The Seattle Seahawks dominate a football game with great players all over the field, and you come away impressed with Rex Ryan because of Seattle's decision with the coin toss??

I'd say you are a drinking a little too much Rex kool aid...

13. Br4d

It's just an observation that prior to Rex in 2009 I almost never saw a team defer the ball unless there was some kind of weird wind condition or something like that in play.

This last season teams were deferring the ball all over the place. The Seahawks put the ball in Peyton Manning's hands to start the game in a season where the Broncos set all kinds of records for TD's and scoring. That would never have happened a decade ago.

That's Rex making something that was uncommon before he showed up common now.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I was told it was the stadium that doesn't translate well with sound. But to be fair the Jets haven't given us much to scream about at times the last 2 years.

15. BrowningNagle

I'm sorry, but it has more to do with the change in NFL rules around the time Rex Ryan became HC then with anything Rex brought to this league.

Prior to 2008, the option for the team winning the toss was kick or receive ONLY.. and the team that lost the coin toss got that same option to start the second half..

Since you were virtually assured NO team would decline the option to start the second half, it made really no sense to kick.

Starting in 2008, the league adopted college style rules: kick, receive or DEFER (that decision to the second half) If you defer, you get the decision in the second half as well as the decision to where to kick from, because the opponent will obviously choose the ball in that instance.

Seattle deferred, they didn't choose to kick last night, and that's what Rex Ryan does. More and more teams are choosing that option since 2008, because it's available to them, prior to that it was not available. Rex didn't do anything but become a new coach right around the time the league made the change...

16. Br4d

And he consistently deferred from the moment he took the job, which is the right move. Other teams facing the Jets consistently took the ball right up until this season. This was the year that the thing that Rex had been doing as the norm for the Jets also became the norm for most of the NFL.

That's a 4 year gap when most coaches, new and incumbent, were doing the wrong thing because it was considered the normal thing to do.

17. BrowningNagle

Not only is this for the most part wrong (teams haven't been consistently taking the ball right up until this season) but it's also a change in your argument. You started off by saying teams deferring the option "would have never happened a decade ago" and that prior to Rex in 2009, you never saw it..

When I said it's because it was never available to them, now you are making a different claim that Rex deciding to defer in 09 was different even with the new rules and that it has taken four years for others to catch on? That's a different argument.

It's false as well:
    Since the new rule was instituted, Bill Belichick has deferred every single time he's won the toss, except the opener in 2008, when Brady spiked his knee. Maybe he's the influential one instead of Rex? that's not true either, but it's just as valid of an argument.

18. Br4d

19. BrowningNagle

that's pretty weak. How are they disagreeing with me? I'm assuming you are referring to the part about generally teams choose to want the ball first part? It's because it's a basic football for dummies book.. they aren't going into hard-hitting statistical analysis of the coin toss here.

By the way, They mention nothing of Rex Ryan changing the mindset of the game like your dubious claim..

20. BrowningNagle

By the way, not only has Belichick deferred as much as Rex Ryan, Mike Smith of Atlanta who also took over in 2008, the first year of the change, has deferred in every instance but once in his career. You could stake a claim that they are equally as influential...