Sports Illustrated - "For which other coach would you like to play for?"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by All Gas No Shake, Nov 23, 2010.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

rex wins by a landslide ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3058/rex-gets-love-from-opponents

2. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Between all active roster players and IR's there's approximately 1700 players in the league.

So if you take that data and extrapolate it over the entire NFL population that means that our entire team plus five and a half entire other teams would rather play for Rex.

I bet it's higher than that if they took it now that about eight teams have no hope left.

3. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Francesa will just love that stat..

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Eat shit, Tony Dungy

5. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Someone needs to call him and let him know about this...

6. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

What is with that asshole? Every week he comes on and says he would cut this guy or that if they were on his team.

The moral authority of the league..

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I bet he didn't blast Raheem Morris.

8. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

a lot of that like was said is probably cause of the exposure that rex got from hard knox, but still, its some stat. he makes it fun, and competitive. thats all grown men need 'cept sex, and i dont think these guys need to go to rex for that

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I honestly think Rex's outward confidence in the team is why they feel they can come back and win games late. A lot of football is attitude, Rex isn't scared to show his confidence, he doesn't coach scared and the players don't play scared. There's a lot to that, it isn't magic, luck or coincidence when you're 15-4 over your last 19 games.

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

No surprise here...even before he was a head coach, the Ravens defense would have followed Ryan to hell and back.

Think of it this way: would you rather work for a boss who pushes you to be great through confidence and positive reinforcement, of for someone who belittles you in an effort to break you down and rebuild you in his own image?

That's the reason that Ryan is #1 on this list and you don't see many votes for, say, Mangini.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I recently heard one of the Ravens players talking about a game from early last year and said the D was still going through "Rex withdrawls", I found that interesting.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

rex is the man. pure plain and simple. look at what he has done wiht so called "malcontents" like santonio and cro. giving them the support and showing them the confidence needed to get their careers back on track and become the stars that they are.

13. MadBacker Prime

He also tucked them in at night in Cortland and read them bedtime stories. All they needed was LOVE.

14. Could be very good for the franchise, both in bringing in players, and in keeping them. It makes it more realistic the team could keep both Holmes and Edwards, Cro, and Harris.

The Pats were getting a discount a few years back, and that's with a coach who is generally hated, but has success. A coach who is respected and liked and has success? That could be a great formula in both recruitment and retention.

15. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Anyone else catch the locker room comments from Rex after the game? There was a point where I thought he was going to drop the F-bomb, but pulled up. Maybe I'm crazy, but I wonder if Rex just got tired of all the Dungy-like critics.

16. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I agree with this. It is awesome.

17. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Ryan is definitely a players coach and I can see why people would like to play for him. He's also an excellent defensive minded coach despite his "act" I think he's pretty entertaining.

Belichick is just not mister warmth and can certainly be a hard coach to play although a lot of players who come here from other team really like the professionalism he demands, particularly if they played for some circus of a team.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is the statistic that it amazes me isn't taken more seriously. 15-4 over an entire year is not luck, unless you want to say not having a devastating injury is "lucky" (which would be stupid) - it's quality. And, of course, it's not like the Jets have been complete injury-free.

19. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

I saw that too but then it looked like he looked right @ the camera and caught himself...the best part of it is WE KNOW what he was saying even though he didn't say it...FU(K YOU DUNGY!!!

20. MadBacker Prime

I think the fact that he knows SNY is airing this and not HBO is the difference.

If we learned anything by now it's Rex does not give a fuck.