Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by phubbadaman, Jun 7, 2006.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Broncos | Team close to trading Lelie
    Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:31:03 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Denver Broncos could be getting closer to trading disgruntled WR Ashley Lelie. A trade could be wrapped up within the next week that would be a three-team deal and land Denver a tight end. A number of teams have shown renewed interest this week, according to one person close to the talks, and Lelie is desperate to get out of Denver, where he feels he cannot be the No. 1 wide receiver. The team that trades for Lelie is going to want to try to sign him to an extension, as his contract is scheduled to expire after this season.

Anyone think it is possible that we are putting Chris Baker out there on the market in order to get a deep threat WR in Lelie?

2. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I guess its possible since we do have an excess of TEs, but why would we want Lelie? I'm not saying no one would want him, but he doesn't fit the profile we've gone for so far.

3. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

considering its believed to be a 3-team deal hypothetically
    if we are the ones giving up the TE we would probably not be getting lelie, but yet another player or pick from another team

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I didn't know we had a TE that any team would actually want. If we could dump either Baker or Jolley and get some one like Lelie in return it would be a great deal for us.

5. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

Why would the Broncos trade for Baker when they could have signed him as an UFA about two months ago?

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Excellent point!!

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

maybe Jolley could be involved if the jets are indeed the third team.

He doesn't seem to have a role on the team, so maybe he would be traded to the broncos, the broncos would send Lelie to another team, then we would get either a play and/or pick from the other team

8. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

IMO a team like the broncos would be just what the doctor ordered for Jolley. He would be turned into a very solid receiving threat in that shanahan offense.

9. parafly

parafly New Member

If we could give up Jolley and get Lelie in return, I would do it. But I see this as being highly improbable, and Lelie doesn't seem like the type of player Tangini would be interested in.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well looks good on paper but NOBODY wanted him as a UFA so who want him now?

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would think Jolley makes more sense. This way it is one teams trash for another teams trash..