Something Else In The Water In Michigan

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jan 21, 2022.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Pun intended. This is going to be a long read. So first we have Larry Nassar at Michigan State University with a big payout ($500 mil) to 500 U.S. gymnasts (and others) and from the USA Gymnastics Olympic and Paralympic Committee (an additional $380 mil). He was also busted on possession of CP, and got what essentially amounts to a life sentence without parole. Did I ever enjoy watching the Judge stick it to him. Feel like getting revenge vicariously when your own past decides to haunt you? Watch it when you're feeling angry:

So there's that hump.

Now The University of Michigan (not the same school) just reached a $490 mil settlement for OVER ONE THOUSAND VICTIMS - you read that right, over 1,000 victims - over the systematic sexual abuse of young male athletes over the course of 37 years by this other hump, Dr. Robert Anderson. THIRTY SEVEN YEARS, and the school did NOTHING. This is beyond Sandusky level shit in sheer numbers, but the treatment of the complaints were much the same.

Unfortunately, this POS Dr. Anderson kicked the pail in 2008 and never suffered anything for his crimes against humanity. I feel so sad for these men. The settlement should've been at least double IMO. The gymnastics case was spread out over less victims and maybe gender also played a role? That may be an unpopular thought, but there it is.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/universit...ttlement-with-survivors-of-dr-robert-anderson

I don't have the foggiest idea why one of the attorneys for a bunch of the victims said that the school should be commended. Commended for WHAT?

Attorney Jamie White, who represents just under 100 Anderson victims, released the following statement:

"The University of Michigan has accepted responsibility financially and otherwise for harm that was caused by Anderson to so many young people that could have been avoided. The university should be commended and not condemned."

I'd be pretty pissed at that comment if I was a client. The school was complicit in covering it up for years. What am I missing here? Anyway . . .

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbo...n-survivor-of-anderson-sexual-abuse-says.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/universit...tlement-sex-abuse-survivors/story?id=82353991

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/explainer-michigan-assault-settlement-work-82380379

It should be noted that the Nassar case gave courage for these men to step forward, even though there were complaints that were blatantly ignored since the year of the flood. Anderson had a ton of nicknames on campus. It was an open secret. So yeah, something in the water in Michigan other than in Flint.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The pattern suggests that Michigan has become alerted to the problem of institutional abuse through the Nasser case and so there is a lot of examination going on retrospectively in that state.

The initial accusations against Nasser were from gymnasts who encountered him through USA Gymnastics. The Michigan State abuse was only uncovered after the mostly younger gymnasts came forward in force.

Edit: I had a primary care provider when I was in my mid to late 20's who was really quick to get out the glove and lube and poke me. He'd stick his finger in and ask me to cough - checking for hernias he said. I had an annual physical and after about 4 in a row of those I found another doctor.

So I'm at the next guy and I kind of pre-emptively mention that I'm not real fond of having a finger shoved up my butt. He looks at me and asks me if that has happened routinely during my exams and I say yes. He looks at my medical records and doesn't say anything else.

After my probe-free exam I ask him if it is normal to do that procedure and he says not at my age unless I am reporting pain that suggests a possible hernia. He said later in life doctors do more checking because hernias become routine.

So the first guy was either being very thorough or something else was going on.

#2 Br4d, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  3. jetophile

^Sounds like you may have gotten perved under the radar. If anything it was more to check your prostate, but even that has radically changed over the last 10 years age-wise. Unless you were having pain or bleeding or other symptoms you're not going to have a rectal hernia in your mid-late 20s. Fck that guy.

Br4d likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's what I said after I got tired of it.

The guy was also a freaking vampire with like 5 tubefuls every time I went.

However it's possible he was a perfectionist who just was doing everything by the numbers and leaving nothing out. I did get two ECG's in the 4 years he saw me and I never had an arrhythmia or other cardiac symptom during those years.

5. jetophile

Sure it's possible, but it just seems very odd to me that he wouldn't say that it's a routine prostate exam. Who the hell would say checking for a rectal hernia at your age at the time? Prostate exams were very routine and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but the fact that he didn't say that is kind of . . . weird . . . ?

There isn't one American male that hasn't had a prostate exam but this guy sounds a little off because he didn't say that. So he went from your bum to your heart with love, I guess. o_O