Some input please...

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Barry the Baptist, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's looking like J Abe is a goner so what is a likely draft pick that the Jets can recieve for Abe? Is it foolish of me to think the Jets can land a top 20 pick for Abe? While I think Abe is one of the priemer DEs in the game I feel our bargaining power is weak because of the fact that everybody knows we wanna shop Abe. But I have always thought Dallas is a place for Abe and they have the #18 pick. Is this unrealistic? I'm having a tough time figuring Abe's value.

The reason I ask is because is it out of the realm of possibilty that Houston would trade down to #4 and another top 20 pick for the #1? I honestly believe Houston is going to trade down and the #4 spot still puts them in position to take Brick. It's just a matter of what it would take to get them to move.

The question would then be asked would you want the Jets to move to #1 if they could to get Bush or Lienart? Honestly I would because we were likely going to lose Abe anyway so the #18 pick wouldn't really be giving up much and technically we'd really only be giving up the #4 to move up to #1.

Of course if somehow the Jets pulled this off and decided to stay at the 4 spot and keep the 18 would you be disapointed if the 1st picks went AJ Hawk at #4 and then say Winston Justice or Santonio Holmes at #18?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I want Jay Cutler.

3. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

I want Jay Cutler too.

What I want even more is an answer to RM's question: what can we honestly get for Abraham?

4. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I want D'Brick.

5. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

For Abraham I say we can accept nothing less than a first round pick and hopefully more. None of this 4th round bullshit. This is a top talent and we need to get great value for it So in regards to our first pick I don't think we can do the deal with the texans for pure salary cap purposes. We have to Start building this o line if we are ever going to get anythig going and getting DBrick at 4 would be a great way to do that. maybe trade Abraham to Dallas like you said and get their first rounded then you can draft a Bobby Carpenter or a Manny Lawson with that pick.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I would be pretty indifferent about having Bush at #1 or two 1st rounders because either scenario is pretty ideal.