So, which JET impressed you vs. the Bills?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSimpala, Sep 24, 2006.

1. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

Well good game by the Jets. Scary ending there, but we came through.
    So who impressed you?

1) Kerry Rhodes. Blitzing Losman non stop and creating turn overs. I'm telling you, he may be a pro-bowler this year.

2) Leon Washington. He is Neon Leon. He is lightning quick and wasn't bad rushing. Had that very nice huge gain.

3) Victor Hobson. He was all over making plays and had that nice TD run off the fumble, eventhough he DID step out of bounds before stepping in for the score.

4) Drew Coleman. He is not a bad player on the secondary. Had some solid plays.

2. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I think Coles impressed me the most. He played well, esp. conisidering that I bet Clements was the player who called Coles a faggot in the game last year.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Washington was awesome. Coles and Cotch as usual. They both made some key 3rd down receptions. Penny was good again,the only thig that bothered me with him today was that i thought he hurried some thows for incompletions when he didn't have to. Rhodes was great with the pass rush.

4. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i agree with all of them...drew coleman could be a nice little pickup, made a nice play on special teams too, dont overlook special teams...as for neon leon, he was outstanding today, and kerry rhodes is having himself a pro-bowl season thus far :buffaloblows:

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

All the obvious names will be mentioned, Penny, Coles, Leon, Rhodes is turning into a stud, Graham had some huge punts early when the game could have gotten away. Huge win, I'm pumped..

6. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

where was j-mac today? with dwight back, is he down to 4th string wr? and wha about brad smith?

personally, i think mccariens is a better 3rd receiver than dwight, but i do think dwight (and smith) need a few touches per game, either running receiver or returning (in smiths case, throwing too) to capitilize on their speed

7. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Yup, im going there.......Chad Pennington.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Leon, he looked fantastic. I was expecting that of him and he showed it today.

9. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

O-line ability to attack.

10. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

Best...Kerry Rhodes....changed the game singlehandedly...
    Newest HotBlood....Leon Washington...been waiting for him to run...liked him in camp
    And I missed seeing Brad Smith without much to do except decoy.

11. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

It won't let me edit my post for some reason. Above I mean attack in the passing game with protection for Chad. Sorry for the double post.

12. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yet again Pennington impressed me, this time with his ability to move against the wind and change plays at the line. Especially considering how great he is at running the playfake, I can't wait to see him in this offense with a real running game.

13. 1028

1028 Active Member

Kherry Rhodes- He did get tooled upon early in the game but more than made up for it with the two sacks and two fumbles he forced. This guy can play

Laveranues Coles- Wow. This guy catches everything thrown his way and really is willing to sacrifice his body to make the catch. He might just be the most reliable player we have on our team, along with Vilma

Leon Washington- Truly an electrifying playmaker. This dude NEEDS to see more action on 3rd downs and in passing situations. He may not be capable of handling the load, but Ill be damned if hes not an exceptional situational player

14. MattMan

MattMan New Member

Kerry Rhodes is a beast. enough said.

15. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Rhodes is a ball hawk. Some guys just have a talent when going after a QB to get the ball and he has it. Coles was great as was Cotch. Washington shouldn't be our every down back but he should definately get a few touches a game and should be in there as a third down back. Still would like to see Brad Smith involved more. Houston deserves a shot to start. Barlow and Blaylock have had their chance and haven't impressed. Oh and the O-line may have trouble run blocking but they have been great in pass protection.

I was sick watching McGahee shred us though. I'm very dissapointed in the play of the d-line especially D-rob and Ellis. Something has to change because we can't keep giving 180 yards a game on the ground. We also made Losman look like Elway at times which scares me but I guess when it was all said and done we forced him to make mistakes when we needed them.

16. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

We were moving smoothly with the no huddle and it seemed like Pennington did some key audibles. Maybe for the next game, have Pennington conduct the offense a lil more with the no/short huddle

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Kerry Rhodes has to be up there...Unbelievable clutch plays at the perfect time. Victor Hobson had one of his top games as a Jet in his career, solid performance(He's gotta teach Vilma how to pick the ball up off 1 bounce!:rofl:)

Ben Graham, as someone else mentioned, has to get alot of credit. After last week's disaster he bounced back wonderfully and kicked great in windy Buffalo, one of his better games as a pro.

But the Jet that impressed the most is Laveranues Coles. For him to play the ENTIRE game with a hurt calf just speaks volumes about Coles' attitude and toughness. He made excellent catches and ran hard despite being a bit slowed, he got off the jams and beat Nate Clements and Terrence McGee numerous times. His rapport with Chad is like it was...

Leon Washington's shiftiness and cut-backs impressed me mightilty!!

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kerry Rhodes was the most impressive this week for me. He did so well with the blind-sided blitzes. Twice today and both times he executed it perfectly.

-Hobson was all over the field like JETSimpala said. He was heads up with the fumble that Rhodes forced and picked it up and ran it for the TD.
    -Leon Washington was great today, he really impressed me. His 1st catch of his NFL carrerr went for 47 yards. And he wasn't doing so bad in the backfield.
    -Coleman had some solid play,s again like JETSimpala said.

JETSimpala, great minds think alike eh'? :lol:

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Easily Kerry Rhodes-there was so much hype on him this offseason and he has lived up to it and more. He is truly spectacular as a blitzer and back in coverage. Props to him

20. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Absolutely. The idiots who complain about his "noodle arm" ought to review the Carp's three games. A million dollar arm with a two buck brain might put up fancy stats but lose games for his team. Culpepper's been in the league 8 years (a year longer than Pennington, I think) but his (Culpepper's) decision making is more like Losman's who's started all of 11 games or some of the other young QBs in the league. Penney is one helluva smart QB, and I don't think it's an accident that the Jets have gone to the playoffs the two years he's played all or most of the season.

You don't need to find a QB who can win the SB for you because you've already got him. You need to build the team around him to get it done!