Snoopy Bowl: What are you looking for?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

WRs: Giants defensive backfield doesn't really scare anyone right now, Can our WRs create space enough to make plays? In order; Hill, Salas, Nelson, Gates should all get a number of looks. Looking for Hill to have more of an impact this game then the rest. He needs it to go into the season with confidence

CBs: Giants have struggled passing the ball, We know what we look like against an offense that's clicking ( Cincy ). How will the ragtag group fair against a middle of the pack offense. Can Pryor make as much of an impact against #1s. Will Allen get more time at CB? Can Daren Walls really help?

OL: This will be a good test, Giants always bring the heat in this game. Can we give Geno some time and create holes for our RBs

DL: This vaunted defense didn't register a single sack against the ones last week. Lets get some pressure on Eli, maybe a bloodied forehead or 2.

Bubble Guys to watch: Edds, Salas, IK En, T Reiley, C Young, D Richardson.

Your guys thoughts? Who's ready for football?

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Andre Williams' welcome to the NFL moment courtesy of the Sons of Anarchy.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

More AA.
    I think he could be a decent cb. He has the size and athleticism. Just a matter of learning technique

4. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I am really going to be following Hill in this one, Want to see how he does and the reasons he seems to get lost in the offense.
    Plus CP and AA.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just want to see our offense look good and score some god damn points.

jilozzo likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Giants offense is a mess so I don't think it will be a good test for our defense.

On the other hand Giants secondary is good and I would like to see how our pass offense looks against them.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Pryor take Andre Williams out of the game.

legler82 likes this.
  8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Geno completing a bunch of passes to wide open Sudfeld and Amaro and Decker.

Hopefully these guys open up the offense for us.

Demario Davis around the ball a lot.

Antonio Allen sticking with his receivers and breaking up a pass or two.

Something anything from Coples.

_

jilozzo likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I want to see this team score some points against the first team defense. This is prob one of the better secondaries the Giants have fielded in a while. Should be a decent test for our offense.

10. max

max Active Member

I don't want to see the giants 1st team score any TDs. No long plays either.

I want our dline to murder manning.

We have a (WR1) and our (WR 3), but someone needs to step the fuck up and break away from the pack and lockup that spot opposite of decker.

No geno turnovers.

Turbocharged23 and 4jetfans like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ajitator

I like your perspective. I'm taking a slightly more unconventional approach to this game. Given that I don't really give a shit about who takes home the Snoopy trophy but conversely hugely interested in knowing if we have the horses to do battle during the season I advocate pulling out some stops for this game. Damned the torpedoes, open up the flood gates.

1- We know we have a solid running game and the OL seems to be in tune with that. Good, give it a rest. Play the pass to set up the run for a change. Now its time to air the ball out all over the field and see what our passing game is all about. I want to see plenty of short, medium and long range passes from both Geno and Vick and plenty of opportunities for all of our WRs. This game will for all intent and purpose establish our WR group. So give CJ and the rest a break, forget passes out of the back field and show us what we have in the way of QBs WRs and TEs. Jets must answer question #1 - Do we have a capable, no shit passing game or not?
    2- The secondary - Let them swim in the island and see how they fair against Eli, Cruz and the like. There will be plenty of time to adjust the play book for cover 2-3 in the secondary but today the following needs to be answered. Question #2 - What can we expect out of our young secondary and do we need to beef it up before the season starts
    3- Special teams - Who will shine enough to crack the 53 man roster? Who will return punts, kickoffs?

Great day to find out. go Jets

RuJFan and 4jetfans like this.
  12. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Good post LAJet, This is the game to AIR it out ( Does not mean Shit ) so lets see what we have. I agree 100%

13. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Definitely would like to see that approach but I don't see it happening. I think based on Rex's post game of last week we're going to see a few more chances for Geno to connect on that long ball over the top that Nelson under-ran ( see what I did there? ). What I don't see, is us totally changing our philosophy on that side of the ball just to give the league, and us as fans a good long look at what each WR brings to the table. Although we still have a lot of roster that's going to shake up, This is supposed to be the "dress rehersal" for game 1, and we won't see a lot of who is deemed a starter in the 4th preseason game.

IMHO that ( the 4th game ) is the game we should be watching for special teamers as likely players on the bubble won't make it for what they do at their real position, it's what they can do for us on special teams.

I would love for us to come out and execute our game plan efficiently and move the ball down field. We don't need to go Air Manning to give me insight and maybe a little bit of hope as to what we have on the outside.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I want to see the offense look sharp and score at least one TD and two field goals at minimum.

Defensive line to create havoc getting to the QB. DB's not getting burned left and right with long passes.

Bubble guys to step up and emerge and take that roster spot.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Disagree about the Giant's secondary. They're one of the better units on that team at present. Looking for Hill to make a statement........finally??

- No injuries.

- Eli getting his ass handed to him, repeatedly, and preferrably as a result of the DL line's push helping to collapse the pocket and free up the pass-rushing gaps.

- Pryor emerging unscathed, after putting the fear of God into anyone wearing blue.

- Jace Amaro: picking up where he left off last week

- OL: reduce the penalties.

- Oday Aboushi: folks are encouraged with his play at guard, all well and good. But in watching some of his 2nd-half play at RT, I wish they cxld that experiment. Aboushi at RT looks scary bad...spinning around in a desparate attempt to chase the pass rusher who's just whizzed by him. Keep him inside - he flounders in space.

- Again, knock Eli on his ass. Don't hurt him--I like him--but have his ass handed to him on a platter.

[​IMG]----"Aw, da Jezz have no clazz.....why's Rex throwin' his crazy blitz pack agizz at Eli in pre-season?!!....Why?...becaws dey don't havva pass rush, dat's why??.......yaddon don't see the Tom Coglin or da Gints doing that nonsense!!............here's da Mink!"

BacktoQueens likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Pryor and Walls..... starting tonite, lets see if our secondary plays better with them.
    Giants passing attack is struggling big time. If they shred the secondary, we in big trouble.

Antonio Allen...can he actually be an option at CB? think he'll be starting again.

Geno....no turnovers, make smart decisions with the ball

Salas...will he play special teams, and play it well? haven't seen him out there on ST yet. that's his chance to make the team.

Enunwa and IK been doing well on ST. will be looking to see if that keeps up, or if they get more work with the 1st team ST, instead of the 2nd team.

Offensive line.....control that LOS, open up holes, and protect Geno. and if you gotta throw some punches tonite, i'm ok with that. just pick the right time as to not kill a drive.

Dline..... smack up Eli and this rookie RB. hard hits against these 2 will probably get me cheering more than anything. i want to see domination on the front. Giants Oline mainly all new players this year.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

agreed on your points (and love the bonus Francessa ;))

tired of watching Aboushi at OT though. He's somewhere between Ducasse and Hunter on the edge.
    wouldve been perfect if he could play G and T, so we'd only need to keep 8 OL, but that a'int happenin.

so i'll be watching Ijalema with the 2's. If he sucks again too, we need to pull an OT off the scrap heap.

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Some offense, and a secondary that could actually make a stop.... If the Defensive Line doesn't get pressure on Eli tonight, we have some serious problems going into the season because the Giants have one of the worst O-Lines in the league.. We should be in Eli's face all night.

19. jjfunaz

jjfunaz Member

This. Our dline has not looked good at all. I want to see them play up to the level of their press clippings.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm looking for Geno to suck, running game be good and our secondary to make Eli look like Peyton.