Smug Boston Globe Article

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BrowningNagle, Jan 24, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

As if you couldn't hate the Pats and their trash masshole fans/media anymore. Check this JOKE of an article out from the Boston Globe: "Its hard to get pumped about a Super Bowl against........Atlanta"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...nst-atlanta/0t7MbsUBBpbzJpVvTZlzxM/story.html

--

I'll summarize:

Basically, the almighty Pats are so great that its such a shame they have to win a superbowl against little ole' Atlanta of all teams. Atlanta is terrible, they have no fans, they are basically a CFL team. It will be "sweet" when Belicheck wins his 5th super bowl but it sucks it's against a crap team like Atlanta. But aw shucks they are cute down there with all their little hospitality and their coca cola.
    -

I hope Atlanta hammers them into the ground

NYJetsO12, NY Jets68 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The AFC East created the Pats dynasty by being so weak over the last 15 years.

Jets hung with them until Chad went down for the count.
    Fins lost it as soon as Rickey Williams went from run-run-pass to puff-puff-pass and then had one more season courtesy of Parcells and Chad.
    Bills just lost it period.

Really bad management on all 3 teams is the reason the Pats have coasted for a decade plus. Give them a couple more division losses each year and they'd still be great but not the dynasty they have turned into.

dogg, wewantsapp and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I was skeptical about Atlanta as well, but they took care of Seattle and Green Bay, which is no easy feat. Funny how the article is acting like they already won, despite no Gronk. I guess we'll see what happens. No cold weather games for Matty Ice this go around.

4. Br4d

#1 defense plus Tom Brady vs #27 defense plus Matt Ryan.

Seriously, what are the odds the Falcons can pull this off? I'd be shocked if they had a 33% chance to win going into the game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

Atlanta's offense is better than any offense NE has faced all year

6. Br4d

There's always a significant chance of an upset. Eli Manning beat the Patriots twice after all. That's the only down note in the dynasty for the Pats and their fans. They've had two shots to beat a NY/NJ team in the Super Bowl and they were big favorites both times and they're 0 fer 2.

dogg likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dan Shaughnessy has made a career out of trolling Pats and Red Sox fans, he probably thinks Atlanta is going to win.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yeah, this. Times fifty. That dude made an entire career off convincing Red Sox fans that they were "cursed" because they traded Babe Ruth, and now that the Red Sox have won the guy is searching for new game.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

First, NE is only #1 in points scored in the regular season, not yards or sacks. 2nd no mention of Julio Jones or Freeman at all? Atlanta was 16th in sacks(ranked 3rd in post season) and we all know the recipe to beat Brady. It seems like ATL is ranked just above NE in just about all categories except defensive yards & scoring D. ATL has the #1 offense in the playoffs by far. They seem to be more well rounded than NE as well. Freeman > Blount. Jones > Edelman. Brady vs Ryan is close to even. It should be a close game, but you never know.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Why feed the troll?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think they're actually being underrated a ton. They're tied for the 7th best scoring offense of all time (since 1990 for some reason that's the way the list is set up).

With so many weapons you can double Julio and blitz Matt Ryan and watch his runningbacks feast. They can both catch the ball out of the backfield and they spread the ball out so well that they're even throwing touchdowns to third string tightends.

Sanu and Taylor Gabriel are underrated threats on those wide receiver screens as well. Not sure what is a good or bad number but that had 10 receivers with 200+ yards and 6 with 300+ yards. Seems like a lot.

I wonder if they'll be able to call out offensive plays while on defense like they did against the Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Jets_Grinch and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

Sad but true. And actually, this is not uncommon. For some reason, a lot of NFL dynasties have this same luxury. Steelers and Dolphins in the 70's, 49ers in the 80's, Pats, etc. Other teams in those divisions just couldn't get their shit together long enough to sustain a challenge. Only exception is the NFC East in the 80s/90s. NY, Wash. and Dallas went back and forth and took turns, then again they all had great coaches (Parcells, Gibbs, Landry/Johnson). It's like the Pats have 5-6 division wins every year guaranteed.

dogg likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thread title is redundant

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Head says a NE win but my heart with the Falcons

I have family down in Atl as well. Lived there a while and boy it sucked...lol

Well I am back in NE region and happier

IMO Atlanta has a young hungry defense and an unstoppable O between Ryan, Jones and Sanu

So they have punchers chance

Gut says this is going to be a competitive SB with NE just covering

15. felker

felker Active Member

I think it will be close. Atlanta beat some good teams, and the NE defensive stats were helped by the fact they played a lot of poor quarterbacks.

While obviously I'm not rooting for Atlanta they are not overmatched here.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Atlanta only have a chance if it turns into a shootout. Belichick will make sure it's just a routine Pats win.

31-17 Pats.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Offense: Falcons
    Defense: Patriots
    Special Teams: Patriots
    Coaching: Patriots
    Experience: Patriots

For the Falcons to win this game, their Offense (especially Ryan) is going to have to play exceptional to overcome this.
    The key will be scoring in the red zone, and that will be easier said than done against NE's effective bend but don't break defense.

On the flip side, I don't think the Pats will need too much from Br*dy to pull out a win.
    I expect them to run more than usual.
    The Falcons D went up against two playoff teams who were terrible all year rushing. I expect the hoodie to successfully exploit their D with rushing and the short passing game, and to keep Ryan on the sidelines longer.
    And as usual, the Pats will play flawless special teams, and won't make many mistakes.

So really, the burden is on Ryan to be effective in red zone, and for the team in general to protect the football.

My prediction:
    Ryan will be the better QB on the field, but they will fall short, conservatively settling for too many FGs.
    Pats 27 Falcons 23 (but I hope I'm wrong)

My prop bets:
    Ryan Over 320 yds
    Bryant Over 1.5 FGs

18. BrowningNagle

You'll be able to tell after Atlantas first couple drives. If they are moving the ball but settling for FGs NE will win. They have to be finishing drives to win

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Worst fuckin fans in the United States. They lose the tuck rule game and they lynch Belicheck

dogg and FJF like this.