SI's Mock Draft Version II

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ColoradoContrails, Feb 22, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This would certainly fill a huge hole in our O-line for years to come.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Terrible pro
    Where does it say we got Cousins?..I guess that's the assumption if Denver drafts a QB ahead of us?

Of course, we don't know if KC ends up in Minny or Jax..

If it's the Jets then to me that's disaster ..and this mock triple sux since it means Mac has not
    been able to move up to the 3 spot with Indy..or B Mayfield is NOT in the cards??? JUST STUPID projection for SI ......taking Nelson over a top QB that is still available ??i...ludicrous and horrible for the Team going forward

Sure an OL is nice but the QB decision is WAY more important

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

The 1st sentence says this pick is assuming the Jets sign Cousins

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  5. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Because there is so much hype around the jets signing cousins you will probably see a good number of mocks indicating that their mock is based on cousins being signed by the jets.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This would be great. Follow it up in the 2nd with price and penny in the 2nd and we just flipped our offense from a negative to the strongest unit on the team.
    Get it done Mac

7. ColoradoContrails

Calm down there Skippy. You know from all my posts that I think QB is the NUMBER ONE priority, and it's not even close, but this article states up front that the assumption is that the Jets have already signed Cousins. Not my wish, but if that's the way it goes - and I think it is - and Barkley is off the table already, I prefer the nasty Guard over the Pass Rusher or S/CB (or whatever he is).

8. NYJetsO12

Baker Mayfield is still out there at 6..and you take a pass?

9. ColoradoContrails

If they've already signed Cousins - which this mock draft stated was their assumption - then yes, pass on Baker because why use a premium pick on a guy who probably won;t play for 3 or more years? And you're not going put a guy you paid $30 million/year into a competition with a rookie. I like Mayfield, and if they don't sign Coussins, and Rosen and Darnold are gone, I would definitely want Macc to grab him, but under the circumstances defined by this mock, he doesn't make sense for them.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

I'll pass on the next Aaron Rodgers if we sign Kirk Cousins this year, because it would end up being a wasted premium pick. AGAIN this mock states we signed Cousins, so all available QB's should be passed on in order to fill holes elsewhere.

FJF likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Man count me in the camp that doesn’t like to use a premium top 10 pick for an interior lineman but... this kid has special written all over him and if I had to put my money on one draftee making the hall of fame I’m putting every last cent on Nelson.

I’d probably still take Barkley & Chubb over him assuming Jets sign Cousins but I’d understand if Nelson was the pick.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Leave the kirk take the Mayfield.

13. NYJetsO12

My Bad..

Keep seeing Red over the Kirk love and not realizing OP has the Jets taking him already..so yeah no need to draft

Anyway..hope his signing DOES NOT come reality cause it's just a trap

abc likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think Jet nation would explode if we made that pick and Kirk Cousins wasn’t on our team.

15. StrongSide

StrongSide New Member

The Jeremy Bates and Kirk Cousins relationship does makes things more interesting. If the quarterback position is rectified then Nelson would make perfect sense at No. 6 overall.

16. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

Nelson can also play center as well, so he replaces Mangold for 10 years, and we can use the $$ to sign Norwell for Left guard and draft a RB and tackle replacement in round 2.

FJF likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Nelson truly is the best player in the draft, we could probably even book on Mac's taking him. If the Jets have signed Cousins, aside from trading down a between 3-10 spots and getting a number of picks in return, this would probably be their best move. Normally, I would never take an OG this high, but Nelson is a special player, and he fits a glaring need, so I wouldn't hate it like I normally would. Still, I would prefer that the Jets either take Chubb, take Orlando Brown, or move down in the 1st round adding a 2nd round pick this year, and a 1st or 2nd next year, and another pick this year, then taking Marcus Davenport, who, while raw, may have a much higher ceiling as a pass rusher than Chubb. With three 2nd round picks they could add a RB (Michel, Guice, Chubb, Penny [possibly could get him in the 3rd], or another topflight RB prospect), an OT (Chukwuma Okorafor or Mike McGlinchey), an OLB (Dorance Armstrong) if they didn't take Chubb or Davenport, (or an OG (Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn) or C (Price, Ragnow, or James Daniels of Iowa) if they didn't sign a FA at one of those positions.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He may be able to play C, but you don't draft a guy at #6 who is a GREAT prospect at one position, and then switch him to another position in the NFL, unless he just can't play his natural position in the NFL for some reason. Why in the world would you want to play him at his 2nd best position instead of his best?

I'm hoping that we sign Norwell, a C and a RT in FA and forget about Cousins.