Since everyone else did a draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KingRoach, Mar 13, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

1. Titans -OT Tunsil - We all know why and have heard it before

2. Browns -S Ramsey - Whether or not they got Kap in a trade this is my pick.

3 Chargers-OT Stanley - They're not going to win any games on D. Might as well embrace what you're strengths are and get more weapons for a shootout. They have a top QB and some wide receivers and even a RB with potential. They need OL help to bring it together.

4 Cowboys -DE Buckner - They already have solid LBs and last years number 1 holding down the secondary so the build the next level with maybe the best end in the draft.

5 Jags - OLB Jack - Jags add the highest paid ever free agent DE , last years top 5 pick DE and a ball hawk S. The LBs are the next to get an upgrade with possibly the best player in the draft.

6 Ravens - DE Bosa Maybe the best player in the draft. A great value, he won't fall any lower.

7. San Fransisco - QB Goff - The prodigal son ends up staying in California.

8. Eagles - RB Elliot - They need help everywhere so they go with the BPA.

9. Tampa Bay Bucks - CB Hargreaves - In the pass happy south they go for the best corner on their board.

10. Giants - OT Conklin - After taking care of their defensive needs inFA the Giants work to get more time for their QB to work. I wanted to get a WR to match with OBJ but the class is deeper with WR than with OT.

11. The Bears - OLB Floyd - need an OLB to get to Rogers

12. Saints - DT Robinson - The top lineman on the board

13. Dolphins - G Whitehair - The QB whisperer is buy his guy some protection

14. Raiders - CB Apple - I think they stay with D and address the next level on the list

15. Rams - QB Wentz - He can sit a year while their slumming it in the colosseum.

16. Lions - ILB Ragland - Need help everywhere so get the BPA that makes sense

17 Falcons - DE Lawson - The quicker DE got the nod instead of Dodd

18 Colts - DE Spence - They want to put pressure on the young QBs in the conference.

19. Bills - DT Nikemdiche - Rex see another Sheldon Richardson

20. Jets - OLB Smith - Although he'll miss the first 6 weeks of the season he is expected to make a full recovery (in my mock world). Mac thinks he's worth the wait.

21. Redskins -WR Treadwell - Coach wants to send some youth into the elderly receiving core. This receiver gives the well paid franchise QB a big target to hit

22. Texans - TE Henry - A big body for the new franchise QB. The best pass catching TE in the draft. A deep receiver pool made the decision easier.

23. Vikings - WR Fuller - They get a true #1

24. Cincinnati - WR Coleman - Lost WRs to free agency

25. Steelers - CB Alexander - A terrible passing D last year

26. Seahawks - OLB Lee - Grap a speedy replacement for Irvin

27. Packers - OT Clark - Bulaga is the same size as this guy

28. Chiefs - WR Doctson - Chiefs air game grows.

29. Cardinals - DE Jones - AZ likes its DEs active and Big

30.Panthers - DT - Reed - One for the trenches. Defense wins championships

31. Broncos - QB Lynch - Will watch Sanchez for a year and learn what not to do

Bonus!! start of round 2

TRADE!!! If the Browns pull off the trade for Kapaernick for a #3 then they can keep addressing the D in the second round and get the best DE available.
    #32 Browns - DE Wilkerson
    It cost them a 2nd this year and a conditional 3/2/1 pick next year. They have a ton of cap room and will lose it eventually unless they start making some big signings.
    #32 Jets - OT Decker
    If there was no trade
    #32 Browns - QB Cook - If there is no trade , they go for a QB
    #34 Titans - WR Miller
    35# Cowboys - RB Henry
    #36 Chargers - DE Ogbah
    #37 Jags - CB Jacksom

#1 KingRoach, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    tiger8mush likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Well thought out mock! I think that 2nd round bonus was a little far fetched with the trade but I understand the logic.

I can't see Wentz falling that far to be honest he's a top 10 pick.

As for the Smith pick.. Because of the nerve damage reports I think he might fall to the 2nd round. I love him as a player but investing a 1st on him is too risky.

In your sequence of players chosen I would take Treadwell in a heart beat. Having to learn under the machine for a year or 2 will huge for his development.

3. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Did Corey Coleman get picked 24th and 28th or am I losing it?

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Nerve damage reports and the conclusion that he likely misses the entire year making him a 1st rounder is quite the gamble.

If he makes a full recovery he'll be a stud for a decade but wow if he misses an entire year and then never makes it all the way back--takes a lot of balls.

_

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Identical twins.

_

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Thanks. After the Browns decided to step off the 1st round QB carrousel I didn't see any teams that would make the pick for a backup until 15 and I didn't see anyone wanting to move up with a trade.

If' Smiths injuries are more severe then I'd go with Lee But in this scenario as describebed I wouldn't want to risk him lasting till my next pick.

#6 KingRoach, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Jaylon's Smith injury is supposedly as serious as Marcus Lattimore's was. If that's the case, his NFL career could be in big time jeopardy.

8. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Unless more information on the injury comes out, I'm inclined to take Lee over Smith in the 1st. Smith is just such a gamble with the injury, I see it being hard to justify. Dark rumors about an injury are a scary, scary thing. If you're an NFL GM, it's hard to use one of your 1-2nd round picks on a guy who may not ever meaningfully contribute.

I would not be surprised for plenty of teams to have him with a day-3 grade on their boards.