Silver Lining Maybe?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let me start off with this. I was a firm believer in Sanchez. I really thought he was gonna turn his career around this year, but I will admit fully, that something needs to be done with him. Fast.

Now, here's my stand after this terrible performance. Our starting Tight End was hurt, our number 2 receiver was out. Our defense has shown that without Revis, they do just fine. Being on the field as long as they were today, they were bound to give up yardage like they did.

Sanchez looked terrible, but maybe he looks better with Keller and Hill back in. Maybe. Who knows though.

We are currently 2 and 2 right now, first in the division. We play a tough game next week, but hopefully Keller and Hill will be back. Maybe that will give us that edge that we did not have today. This season is no where near over at all. We have a lot of football left and for all we know, this whole thing can turn around. I want to see what the offense does with everyone healthy. If this continues, then I will throw in the towel.

For right now though, Keller needs to heal fast as well as Hill, Coples needs to see way more snaps, and Davis needs to see some playing time at LB. Let's see what this team is made of come next weekend. I really want to see how our offense does after this brutal masacre.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

never thought i'd EVER say this, but i want us to lose and get very high draft picks.

i also can't wait to get rid of scrubs like shonn greene, calvin pace, etc.

we can't be in limbo forever

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Our LB corps needs to be revamped and we could use a feature back. Another CB, maybe? Another TE needs to be added to compliment Keller. KELLER NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED. I think these last couple of games have shown this.

4. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Except everyone we draft lately is either a bust or not worthy of their draft status.

5. Falco21

I can't say the same. When we lost to the Pats 45-3, everyone thought the worl had ended.

If this play continues into next week, than we suck. As of right now, things need to be fixed and Ryan needs to man the fuck up and shove some heads into walls. This play is not ok and he needs to fix it. Take his little love for guys and throw it out the fuckin door.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's getting hard to defend Sanchez and the offense after games like this. That was fucking pathetic.

7. Falco21

Agree, but I need to see what happens when everyone is healthy.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not at that point yet. If we can get to 4-4 by the bye week I feel like we still have a shot at the playoffs based on who we face down the last 8 games. If we're under that though maybe it would be best to just lose all 8 and get a better draft pick. Ending up 8-8 and picking in the 14-18 range is going to improve the team enough. Drafting a legit franchise running back instead of using a guy like Greene could go a long, long way.

9. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

It is certainly time for the Jets make sure that McElroy remains active for game day. Sad to say but looks like Sanchez is damaged goods.

10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I am still trying to figure out what the silver lining is that the OP is talking about

11. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

The silver lining is that they are tied for first at 2-2. Today is one of the worst days in the Mark Sanchez era though. I just feel like I have nothing left to defend him with. He's just "eh" and thats all he will ever be, just an average QB with a bad team around him, not a good recipe.

12. Falco21

We're 2-2 leading the division right now. Just got shut out by a top 5 team in the league and if it were not for our Offense completely sucking dick, we were holding San Fran's Offense to barely anything.

Does Sanchez just suck, or is it a mixture of injuries and bad backs? I have no idea.

This board went completely ape shit when we lost to New England 45-3.

It's the 4th week of the season!! If this continues, then yes, time to clear house. For all we know, this was just another example of a terrible outing where nothing worked

13. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Big difference from that Pats game when they were what 9-3 or so? What can Rex do? The problem is the lack of talent all over. He can get as mad as he wants but it won't make players magically better.

14. Falco21

We have the talent. We've shown signs of that. Kerley is molding into a great receiver and Holmes has had an awesome year so far.

Greene needs to get less carries and Hill looked superb in his first start. Keller is out, as is Hill.

Hard to judge an offense when the QB's number one player he relies on has been injured. There are no excuses for today's performance, but there very well could be reasons.

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing looking at the schedule prior to this year. What about now? The Rams and Cardinals are no longer pushover wins. Even the Colts look to be a formidable opponent. Only for sure W I see on the sched with our currently assembled team is Jacksonville.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Some of you guys rather go 8-8(Draft 15-19) and miss the playoffs again, I rather go 4-12(Top 5 pick) and start the fuck over because we aren't winning a SB with Sanchez at QB and slow ass linebackers, no pass rush, run game, TE and missing the best player in the NFL

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The world was ending didn't happen until next week when we then lost to MIA.

And yes its too early to fire everyone and rebuild, and no we are nowhere close talent wise to the 2010-2011 team.

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This is the NFL everyone isnt always healthy. It's not the way it works. Players need to play.

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

the silver lining is geno smith

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can't be too optimistic because this OL is awful. Sanchez has been awful at times. Run game has been putrid. Nothing else you can say right now.