Sign this BEAST! Dan Bailey (K) cut by Cowboys

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jedi mind tricks, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Second most accurate kicker of all time?? Idk what's going on in Jerry world but I don't care. He got hurt last year and posted a career low 75% accuracy. I'd still trust this guy over Myers

Sign this BEAST.
    Also my wife and in laws are Cowboys fans. Added bonus if he signs he and does well! Mac, I'm donating the first $100 to get this guy!!

egelband likes this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Myers's FG % is 81%. You're wrong

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Bailey's FG % is 88.15. You're wrong.

4. LF911SC

Makes you right, lol

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He just pulled a Jedi mind trick on you! :eek:

boozer32 and LF911SC like this.
  6. LF911SC

Hey, I can admit when I fuck up, lol

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Yes, sign Dan Bailey he's only 30 years old (for a K that's young). He can be our franchise kicker for the next decade.

egelband likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I didn't see this thread posted on our main forum, but this is what I posted and had to say in regards to Bailey over on our NFL forum....

It's really a no brainier.

I'll personally be disappointed in Maccagnan as a GM if he fails to land Bailey.

I'll be thoroughly shocked if Bailey isn't on an NFL roster over the next 1 day...

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Definitely for signing Dan Bailey, but it's not like Jason Myers is some scrub. He's proven to have a powerful leg on his kickoffs and just nailed a 58 yarder with relative ease.

Career wise between 19-49 Myers is 54/60 which is outstanding. Last year he was 0/3 on 50+ and that led to him being cut. Though I wonder if maybe he was hiding an injury.

Bailey's track record speaks for itself. In his career of 7 seasons he has never missed more than 5 field goals in any year (this is including blocked kicks) the guy was a machine robo-kicker. And kicking for Dallas is extremely high pressure and he's excelled there. I just wonder why they let him go. Was he terrible in practice? Has he lost some range? The guy keeps himself in great shape. I'm thinking he'll be one of those guys who kicks until he's 45.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I have no idea other than the fact that 2017 was by far his worst season (75%) but then again one could contribute that to his groin injury suffered week 7. He immediately began to struggle like never before following his return from injury.

And much appreciated on the information of Jason Myers. He's still young @ only 27 and has a rocket for a leg.

Preseason or not, that 58-yard FG was the longest kick through the uprights of Jets Franchise History (Chandler Catanzaro set it with a 57-yard field goal).

I'd still feel so much more comfortable, and relaxed; with Dan Bailey kicking for us.

11. forevercursed

In the NFL it's always great to have that ability to steal points when other teams would sit on the ball. If you get the ball in your territory late in the 2nd or game...with Sanchez or Geno you generally sit on it because you're afraid of a turnover. But if you have that QB and K you can be aggressive without fear and if you get it inside 60 yards your kicker has a good chance.

12. forevercursed

It was a very impressive kick. But yea you can't not bring in Bailey. If you do and see something is wrong and he's lost something off his fastball then you let him go like they did with Forbath. If you see he's the same guy and this is just requisite Jerry Jones weirdness then you sign him asap and know that your kicker position has been settled for the foreseeable future

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Start posting in the appropriate sections or the threads will be locked.
    Season is upon us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.