Shout out to Lowery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Oct 25, 2009.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Lowery played a real good game today, figured we should give him props. I'm starting to think he might be better than Sheppard. Thoughts?

2. 624

624 Banned

I've always been a big Lowery fan, I don't understand why a lot of people dish out a lot of hate for him.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i don't know but he is becoming a solid db and adding sheppard back into the mix will give 3 maybe even 4 really solid guys at the corner position. the injuries forcing him to start seem to be giving him some very good experience. he also had a few of the raiders wr's bitching to the refs all day, always good to be in your opponents head.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

lowery looked good and the secondary looked great with strickland back in the mix too

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I thought he was ahead of the curve last year, and this year is just proving that point. He should be are #2, but even still feel is better suited as a safety.

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If Shepperd could cut down on the penalties, he has the potential to be a GREAT CB. But right now, it seems like whenever he is in man-to-man coverage he draws a flag. Lowery has been solid for us, but his lack of speed gets him into trouble sometimes. They seem to be polar opposites as cover corners.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

his instincts are good enough to make up for it. Anybody remember the Go-Route Darrius Heyward-Bey ran today where Lowery was not only out in front, but pretty much tackled by DHB or else he would have intercepted that ball.

To me that play says I would rather have a physically gifted player who has great instincts and is dedicated to learning his craft (Lowery) vs. a Physical freak only (DHB) Obviously the ideal situation is having both, but if you can only have one, I want the guy committed to being a football player.

8. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

Has lowery done anything bad this season? I can't seem to remember him blowing any coverages or giving up big plays.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Lowery has had a real good year so far. Lito hasnt been that impressive since he got here but that was in the pre season.

He looked awful in the pre season but he played really well against the Texans and was having a good game against the Pats before he got hurt

10. 624

624 Banned

I am sick of people knocking Lowery's speed, he IS NOT SLOW.

His 40 time is average, not bad, average. And he had a hamstring injury during the combine.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I've liked him since he was drafted and thought he played rather well last year for a rookie starting opposite Revis Christ. He seems to be ahead of his development curve for a second-year player drafted in the 4th round. Sheppard is no good to us on the DL. Lowery is one of our unsung heroes. Props to him.

12. Christian

Christian Active Member

That Raider offense will make any DB look good.

13. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Lowery; good to see him continue to progress. What's the deal with the gloves though? Is there a story behind that or does he just like them that way? 'Cause they're kinda fruity looking if you ask me.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Exactly, his speed is average. An average 40 time will get you into trouble sometimes against great WRs. No one is saying he is slow, but his speed will not allow him to keep up with some of the faster WRs in the league. This is why he has been on the other end of a few receiving TDs in his career as a Jet. Lowery is a good corner, but his speed will hurt him at times. Not all CBs can have the speed, good coverage skills, good instincts, and good tackling ability. I'm as big of a Lowery fan as anyone and I think he should be starting over, or at least be splitting reps with Shepperd.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

He played well and he gives us flexibility with wether to offer Sheppard a contract or not.

With Revis, Lowery and Strickland I think we have 3 capable CB. In my opinion if Sheppard signs for about 2 mill a season good, otherwise let's go with Lowery and Strickland.

16. wildaces

wildaces Banned

How fast is DHB? Did you see him stay with him on that go route?

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Love Lowery.
    Hate Sheppard.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I knew this and have been saying for a while, but no one here every listens...so I said fuck it.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Lowery has been playing very well

20. Jam.

Jam. Banned

My adopt a jet played pretty awesome.

If he doesn't slip on one play he would've had an interception.