Should the Jets draft a QB in the 1st round next year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Dec 3, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There is no question whatsoever that Woody does not have the stones to do that. He will buckle under and sacrifice five more years of below mediocrity so as not to piss off a Hall of Fame quarterback.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if it’d be in the Jets interest to punt on Rodgers and send him packing for a 5th round pick as long as they can restructure so they don’t eat walloped on the cap.

They’ll never do it of course, but it’s interesting to think about.

3. The_Darksider

Sanchez and Geno as well. The fact that the Jets have done this four times in the same period that one great quarterback would have started and still be playing his career is ridiculous and a testament to just how poorly run they are.

4. The_Darksider

Agree with that. If they end the season 4–13, we're cleaning house and then you have to draft the quarterback with a new regime in there.

5. The_Darksider

As long as Woody sits around dreaming of Rodgers keeping the Jets relevant, he will never get rid of him on his accord.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A trade to get out of the Rodgers mess would be amazing

nobody besides the Jets wanted him in 2023 though. who is going to want him in 2024, one year older and recovering from a serious injury

ouchy likes this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

God its 2020 again. And everyone's mindset is back to the same old loser path. Even though they know what we should have done in 2021, and 2018 - they are back like lemmings to the same old loser plan. Even though we already know we are going to have to rebuild again.

"Its a deep QB year and we got a high pick. Most important position blah blah blah. We gotta do it."

Next it will be, "we've locked in on our guy and we'll do anything to get him" He's worth a kajillion picks because he's the next Jalen Hurts.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

100%. And there's another front-runner for MVP with an even more accelerated development...

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

on the other side to look at it, has anyone in the past 10 years looked bad the 1st 2 seasons at QB and then flipped the switch to look good after?
    It seems 2 seasons is the max at this point to give a rookie QB, but the best ones nowadays come out swinging like stroud.

herbert is another one to mention, was supposed to sit a year, started due to injury and looked great right away

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

There's basically nobody. I remember because I went down this rabbit hole when we had Darnold and were trying to decide what to do with him after year 2. After 2 bad years, the odds of a QB even remaining a long-term starter in the league are about 5%. The odds of actually being a good QB must be much lower to the point where it's basically unheard of.

If your young QB plays 2 full seasons and looks bad throughout, it's irresponsible to do anything other than shop him for assets.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

There have been, but usually they go into a back-up roll and it takes a long time before they become good. The Smiths come to mind (Alex and Geno).

12. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Trade Rodgers to the Vikings

13. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I am not a college footbaall guy so I will ask could we get a NFL ready QB at our draft draft position which should be between 5 and 10.

14. GasedAndConfused

thats pretty much what I thought. zach was done as a starter by the end of last year. I do think he's good enough to stick around as a backup in the NFL though.

REVISion likes this.
  15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Maybe Josh Allen? But even he looked pretty good in his 2nd year even if it wasn’t perfect.

16. GasedAndConfused

he looked ok in year 1 just used his legs alot. he looked really good in year 2 though. by then you can tell he had it. by year 3 he made the jump to elite. he showed something his 1st year, showed big improvement year 2, then elite year 3. I don't think he'd count. we'd kill for year 2 josh allen right now lol

17. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

We need to draft an entire O-line next year!

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

NO WAY, NO HOW do these imbeciles deserve to draft another QB with their 1st round pick. Every single draft pick next offseason should be with one mindset involved - how does this pick help Aaron Rodgers win this team a Super Bowl. A QB doesn't do that, nor does another CB, LB or anybody else on defense. This defense is plenty good and under contract next year to get that done. OL, WR and if there's a pass catching TE, not round 1, that is a difference maker. Don't give a shit about their blocking, no one gives a shit about Kelce or Kittle's blocking...

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

There is no fucking way this team is winning a Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers, because that means this coaching staff will be intact and they will get completely out coached on a weekly basis that they will lose some games to teams with less talent, forget about beating a team with a good head coach and talent in the playoffs.

sackexchange likes this.
  20. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

I will say if Marvin Harrison Jr is on the board he’d be very tough to pass on. Probably the best prospect since Megatron.