Should the Jets consider Josh Gordon?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lon Chaney, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Should the Jets make an offer for Josh Gordon?

1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Just a thought. He is rumored to be on the block.

Do you think the Jets should look to add Josh Gordon? He is a 22 year old, inexpensive play-maker but also 1 failed drug test away from a year suspension.

Personally, I would offer a third rounder (the Jets will most likely have 2 next year).

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I probably wouldnt go as high as a third because of the chance of a long suspension but I would love him on this team. He's an explosive player and can also be reliable on short passes and across the middle.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

1. The Browns shouldn't even consider trading him...
    2. I wouldn't give up any more than a 3rd or 4th, and it's gonna cost more than that.

I'd rather build through the draft, where our GM and coaches have the ability to go one on one with a kid and work him out the way they want to.

4. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

+1. If the asking price is something ridiculously low, like Sanchez + a 5th, the Jets shouldn't look into getting J. Gordon. Anything more than a 4th is too much mid-season.

TBH, other teams have a greater need and more things to trade for Gordon. Teams like NE...

5. I think a 3rd is just about right for him.

He isn't an electric # 1. But he is explosive, decent size & has the ability to BECOME a #1.

I say go for it. We have a boatload of picks heading into offseason & if he's a hit...we move on to other needs like TE/OLB/Safety

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people wouldn't want to give a 3rd rounder for a talent like Gordon, especially in a year when the Jets have an extra one to trade.

The only thing that would scare me is the suspension, but otherwise it would be a no-brainer.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

That Sanchez deal with a 5th rounder might be very enticing to the Browns.. They probably wan't a decent backup for Bridgewater, and Sanchez is just that..

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Nah let's add a veteran receiver if necessary (Braylon) and ride out the season with what we have already. I would take one of the top receivers in the first round.

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

The 3rd rounder pick makes sense without the issues and the suspension; however, there's a real chance that Gordon will be suspended for a significant amount of time. Plus, there's also a chance that he has long term character issue that will prevent him from reaching that top tier potential. Given these risks and where the Jets are right now, the 3rd round pick is worth more.

Were the deal to include moving a bad contract (e.g., Sanchez) and a lower round pick (e.g., 5th), now we're talking.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

After yesterday the need for another receiver has diminished somewhat. If they can put together another solid week it will disappear altogether. I would much rather they were looking for a Wilson replacement instead (and maybe they are).

11. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

YES. For a third, it is worth it. He's 22, explosive, and can catch. All three things we need.

12. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use a third on him. If this guy does a bunch of drugs in Cleveland, imagine what he would do in NYC.

13. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Yes, we can 'consider' Josh for a 3rd rounder.

No, I don't think he is worth the risk to spend anything higher on him. I think soon after he gets his payday he will do something that will cause that season long suspension. Our resident height/weight/speed guy is coming into his own. I want him to continue to grow and for that he needs the reps.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Not True

Cannot trade compensatory picks and you don't usually end up with superstar talent at the back end of the 6th round. So unless someone believes we are going to luck our way into the next Tom Brady - regardless of position - do not trade any picks unless a real explosive talent becomes available like Megatron or AP.

1. Jets 1st
    2. Jets 2nd
    3. Jets 3rd
    4. Bucs 3rd (likely compensation for Revis)
    5. Jets 4th
    6. Jets 5th
    7. Compensatory 5th
    8. Jets 6th
    9. Compensatory 6th
    10. Compensatory 6th
    11. Compensatory 6th
    12. Jets 7th​

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/110597-tracking-jets-2014-compensatory-picks/

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Jets should consider any player that instantly makes this team better. Gordon falls into this category. The guy is a big-time playmaker, plain and simple. And that's on a bad team with no QB worth mentioning. Imagine if he ever went to a team with a good QB. He'd be All Pro, he's that good. I don't think Cleveland is stupid or desperate enough to give him up for less than a 2nd.

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If we can trade a 4th for that future HOF'er Ivory I think we can take a shot at this kid.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Way different, your talking about giving a 3rd rounder for a junkie whos 1 Fuck up away from being suspended for a whole season.

I would stay far away from this trade and hold our picks for next years draft. Stephen Hill and Holmes showed what they can do last night lets see how the season plays out with them.

18. jetsfan4life78

jetsfan4life78 New Member

I think he would be a good addition to our team.

19. Jetsfansince95

Maybe a 3rd might be a bit high, a 4th I have no problem with whatsoever. I feel like a lot of these guys are 50/50 to succeed or fail. why not give it up for a guy who has proven he can succeed and that 50/50 is more to the side of his character/suspension issue.

20. Jetsfansince95

Not to mention its starting to look like we will have a top end 3rd rounder for Revis giving us 4 solid picks in the top 80. to fill our other needs.