Shock the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Uhm a Jets Fan, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

I remember I posted way back (I dont feel like looking for it). I told everyone to take my word I said the Jets were going to shock the NFL and make the playoffs. Then everyone asked me what I was smoking. Well dude uhhh.... theres a good chance we make it. I just had to bring that up

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I love having more optimists here. You and me the same, Jets are going to the playoffs! We knew they were going all along. There were tons of doubters, the jets proved them all wrong.

Now lets fulfill our destiny, SBXLI. The jets went 6-2 on the road this year, why can't they go on the road and win it all? They can play with anybody in the AFC.

Go JETS!

3. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

Not according to Cris Carter. What a douchebag that guy is...did anybody see inside the NFL?

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cris Carter, Joe Theisman, Michael Irvin...how come all the idiots get tv jobs?

5. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

They're just haters....lets hope our boys can prove em wrong.....GO JETS!!!!!!!

6. JetFanInMiami

JetFanInMiami Member

I always see Cris Carter around holiday times because he comes in to Honey Baked Ham where I work and he doesn't look too brite in person. But, now im laughin in my friends faces after I was the only one in our pool to put the jets in the playoffs.

7. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

I knew it was going to happen, our line is young ( except for kendall) and I knew it would come together. We all knew Coles was a good receiver and if you watched Cotchery in college you knew he was gonna do something good. I thought our Defense would start off solid, but it didn't I kept telling people I didn't think our defense was taking an aggressive approach. Then after that browns game it changed. The one thing I told everyone if Pennington is healthy were going to make the playoffs. I told people Pennington is a winner. Now look I was right.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I gave up on that show after Len and Nick left... why do I want to hear commentary for 4 guys, 3 of them ex players who could never win the game that really mattered?

As far as the pre season predictions, I never pay attention to any of them because you just don't know... that's the beauty of the NFL... teams can come from nowhere and shock everyone and the elite teams can fall like a rock...

9. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Newsflash: We aren't in the playoffs yet. I wouldn't underestimate any team right now. The odds are in our favor but, please don't mark this one down as a gimmie. I just don't want to jinx this team:lol:

10. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Joe Theisman is by far the worst commentator in the history of sports. I remember the whole game he was getting on the Jets, supporting Cleo Lemon, saying he was really really great, and saying Chad had no arm and couldn't lead a team to a championship.

I remember that whole drive where Penny is makin little dump offs, scrambling for 12 yards on 3rd and like 7 (even Theisman found a bad part of that) and then finally hitting Cotchery with that 37 yard TD pass off a play action. (again, even on the challenge he said, "Definitely not a touchdown")

Whoever the other guy was, the play by play guy, he was laughing at Joe. Especially when Brian Thomas made that sack by the goal line, Joe was like, "He did a great job of getting up in the air but not leaving his feet." The guys in the booth were laughing and were like, "Our buddy Joe has invented a new thing...jumping but staying on the ground!"

Man that was a hilarious game. I wanted to put on a Lawrence Taylor uniform, jump into the booth, make a sound of cracking bone with my mouth, and watch that wimpy scared loser run for the hills.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

ONCE we are in the playoffs , I will say that I didn't see this coming , I mean come on season '05 we had so many problems a good 90% of this board said that we would probably go no more than between 4-6 wins tops.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He doesnt like the Jets and i remember him bashing Pennington.

13. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

All Chris Carter does...is drop touchdown passes...against the vikings...that would have clinched the division for his dolphin losers.

hahaha. F him.

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Just stop man. You have to have some sort of objection at some point. I don't like the optimist view, but hey, we all have our own opinions. But why do you stress that you knew it all along? I bet last season you had the same prediction, probably better. Every year the Jets will be no less than a 10 win team to you, no matter what, but whatever.

I am pleasantly surprised at how Mangini has coached this team to the brink of a Wild Card, but with everything that went on last offseason was their no room for concern? Hell, you had the Jets at 13-3, when will it stop?

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He has won a Super Bowl and over the Dolphins to boot.