Sell before the trade deadline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jedi mind tricks, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I know some of you are counting on a run to end the season but for what? If you can't compete with the pats then you're not going anywhere in the AFC.
    Make trades, acquire assets. Anything else is delusional.

Just a matter of time before our actually good players become disgruntled anyway.
    I'm talking anything and anyone.
    Another franchise needs extra seating? Trade a few sections away.
    Another team eyeing our concession workers? Man send'em packing

Get whatever you can

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yes. It’s clear the difference makers we have on the roster really aren’t difference makers.

I’m seeing potentially 3 more wins on the schedule and I’m not confident we even get those.

I’m acquiring as many draft picks as possible and praying Douglas drafts better than Maccagnan.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can see several of our "stars" leaving when their contracts are up. Any professional has pride and continued losing just wears you down year after year. I wouldn't blame Adams or Bell or Anderson for getting the hell out of here. Especially since they're in their prime and should be playing meaningful games instead of lining the Johnson's coffers.

Outside of the money, why on earth would any professional NFL player want to come to the Jets?? Anyone?? Beuler????

NCJetsfan and grkmanga31 like this.
  4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Sanu just went for a second. Overall Sanu has been better but I'd trade Robby for a second. We need to revamp the offense. To do that we need as many picks as we can get. Get it done. I'd consider a 3rd and Algolor. Don't love him but an NFL receiver so we have some help for Sam.

Leonard Williams looked decent at points yesterday. Call the Eagles, Chiefs and Texans. Same thing make me an offer.

Those two I think we get the best return. Anyone else?

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

trade away anyone you can. and I mean anyone. This is a flawed team

grkmanga31 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. I say this begrudgingly bc i get your point & largely agree..but if im a bigtime star w the potential to put forth a legacy anywhere i go..Jets are a prime destination.Theres no better climb to the top than from the very bottom.

Its NY.Its 50 years w no championship. Its the passionate fan base & the lure of taking down the evil Pats.

You accomplish great things for the Jets your at the very top of sports infamy.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its probably not possible but my God do I wish they could find someone to trade for Trumaine Johnson. a 7th round pick, anything

Zach likes this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Think this only happens if Jets eat a ton of his salary. IMO, I don't see it happening.

If I'm Joe Douglas, I make Trumaine inactive for the rest of the season and cut him. One way or another, you're going to have to eat a lot of his contract.

I wouldn't be shocked if Trumaine Johnson doesn't play another snap after his career with the jets

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

who was dumb enough to give up a 2nd for sanu?

10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

You need a talented roster to win. We have very minimal talent besides 2 or 3 players. Players get moved ir Jalen Ramsey, Amari Cooper, etc.

This has to be done the right way. I would consider moving all players except Quinnen Williams and Darnold at this point. If a team offers us 3 first rounders for Jamal, you may have to consider that too.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Outside of Jamal, who would buy any "talent" on this team for anything but pennies on the dollar?
    Adams, Maye, Robbie? anyone else is a recent FA signing and would most likely have negative cap implications

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That pick will basically be a 3rd rounder.

14. GasedAndConfused

still metcalf was picked with the last pick of the 2nd round last year. sanu is 30 years old , been in the NFL for 8 years and never passed 900 yards despite being targeted 90-100 times a season. that's a high pick for someone so old and medicore (30 years old). we traded a future 6th (same as a 7th basically) for DT sanu was probably worth the same as DT at this point

AJT73 likes this.
  15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Amen to that brother...

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

For the rest of the league, it's probably an overpay...for the Patriots, when this guy is catching the winning SB TD, it will make sense.

Jedi mind tricks and stinkyB like this.
  17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree with you but guess they were desperate.

18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Sanu will turn into Jerry Rice.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

lol sadly probably pretty true. I bet they regret trading DT for so little. Made sense at the time with them having AB and gordon outside and edelmen inside, but now gordon is still banged up and AB is out of the league.

yeah they were, but i can't imagine how they couldn't get someone better for a 2nd round pick