Season sacrificed for Favre?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Dec 29, 2008.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When we were 8-3,we were sustaining drives by running the ball. Our Defense spent a hell of a lot less time on the field. We always jumped out to a lead and IMO,forced the opposing offense to change their game plan to play from behind.
    The rushing stats in the Broncos game only look good because of a couple of long runs,if not for those we didnt run the ball enough.
    Does anyone think that maybe Favre bitched and wanted to throw more? And we all know he gets his way. How else can you explain lining up from shotgun on every f-----g 3rd and short? Was it coaching or catering to favre? I'm not sticking up for manboobs,because i.m glad he is gone,just wondering if this season was all about Brett favre and not the New York jets.

I am still just shocked at how this team abandoned everything that worked immediately after the Titans game.

Seeing how our season was done in SF,I think yesterday played out to the best case scenario. Had we won,we'd still be out and we would have put NE in. Screw that. Atleast today the 3 stooges that coached this team hit the road,now we can only hope that brett favreverde is gone too.