SCOTUS announced Constitutional Rigth to Same Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is huge news! Full marriage equality for all Americans! We as a country have come a long way on this issue.

Faux machine likes this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Scalia's head is going to explode!!! HAHAHAHAHA

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I have zero interest or opinion either way

FJF and Murrell2878 like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Thanks for sharing.

Ubiquitous and Murrell2878 like this.
  8. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

its sickening how liberal policies have taken over this great nation...shame on the supreme court...shame on barack hussein obama

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

good, now I can stop hearing about it. They got what they want let them be gay and marry as if I gave a damn to begin with. So sick of this topic. Must be a damn good time to be a lawyer though.

I dont know why gay people have to announce that they are gay. Just do you and live your life. You all going to divorce anyway. Jeez.

TNJet, HAYN and jonnyd like this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Could be good news for Buffalo.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  11. jonnyd

The news is always about topics who affect the smallest portion of the population.. What percentage of people in the US are gay? 2?3?5? no idea...but I bet its really small. who gives a fuck?

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I hear ya. it was pretty shitty for states to deny people a basic human liberty though. glad the feds told them to fuck off.

13. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Your attitude on this subject is great. Just do you, live and let live. If everyone thought the way you do there would be need to for headlines and coming out announcements. here's hoping one day soon this is the case.

14. jonnyd

oh im mfine with it......just tired of hearing about it and it really doesn't effect that many people...cuz not only are we talking about , lets say 5% of the pop, 36 other states already legalized it.....so how many people are we talking about here? then minus the gays who don't want to get married.......we're talking about like 11 people effected by todays decision......meh

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I actually thought it was going to be a little bit higher but maybe that was because for some reason where I used to work I think about 25% of the employees were gay. Possibly word got around that it was a good employer for those who are homosexual. We had gay men, lesbians, a couple of post op transgender one went male to female and the other went female to male. We had em all.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

psh, since when have MINORITIES ever needed legal action to give them equal rights amiright?:rolleyes:

it doesn't matter how small the demographic is, if they're rights and opportunities are limited at a legal level for no good reason it needs to be addressed and corrected.

even if gays make up 1% of the population thats still 3-4 million people who cant cross state lines in order to have their marriage recognized. thats a city load, thats unacceptable, we don't dismiss something because it impacts a smaller number of people, and to the contrary those are the people who generally need that kind of attention more.

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I guess "color blindness", the need to reject differences out of "fairness", has negated our ability to recognize that several groups have issues that uniquely relate to one demographic over others.

its like, things should be fair so they are, differences shouldn't matter so there are none. meanwhile in reality demographics still play a large part in what kind of opportunities one has or not, like say the ability of a lesbian woman to move to a state where she would have a great new job, but no marital rights. a straight person wouldn't have that problem, and the fact that this was a thing mandated this be a national issue.

and these aren't just their rights, they're ours, if we let slip one groups ability to do basic things a majority can for arbitrary reasons, whats to stop somebody from doing so elsewhere?

just because one is "tired of hearing it" or "wants people to shut up about it" doesn't mean the issue doesn't matter or shouldn't be addressed.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

And it was now goodnight. Onto more important topics.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

20. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member