Schotty throw early and often

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Sep 30, 2009.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Schottenheimer is supposed to be an offensive whiz,right?Then you have to dial up some downfield plays early in the game.It's obvious why the running game isn't producing. I'm not a professional football coach but I can sure count and I'm seeing 8 guys in the box especially on 1st and 2nd down.Yes we all know one of the keys to beating the Saints is running the balll and eating up the clock. However if you can't run the ball effectively you will be going 3 and out quickly.Let Sanchez air a few balls out early and give the Saints D/C something to think about.He'll be less inclined to put that safety up close if he gets burned early.Also it's about time for Greene to earn that paycheck.He'd be a great addition in the 4th quarter if we're ahead.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Look through the damn forum...

There's already 64 threads on the same subject that are sadly better than this garbage.

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think that's a good strategy, we definitely have to soften them up, but I think we did something similar to that last week and it didn't really work out.

To win this game, point blank, the running game is going to have to step up. We're going to have to control the clock and dominate the ball, and that means running the ball often.

I just don't see us outscoring New Orleans, so we've got to eat some clock here.

-X-

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people get so anal over things like this, it's a forum. Not everyone goes through every thread that is on this site. You act like things like this just screw up your entire day, not that big of a deal.

I understand there is a search button, but still, why act like that?

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...so we're going to lose?

If the Jets' defense has corners Sheppard and Strickland back for this game, we'll be in good shape.

Remember, the Saints haven't played anyone worth a shit yet. Detroit is one of the worst teams in the league, Philadelphia without McNabb is god awful, and we all know about the Buffalo Bills.

For the most part the Bills kept the Saints in check...especially Brees.

I really believe that the AFC rapes the NFC in terms of talent - the Jets have an advantage.

EDIT: I do not think the Saints are bad team...I just don't think they are as good as their record. I still think Atlanta is the best team in that division.

#5 Mr Electric, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say Philadelphia without McNabb is awful, but this is without a doubt New Orleans toughest game so far this season.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This may be one of those games where Sanchez has to win it for us.
    Their defense is suspect but so is our offense. We have to put up points on this team.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. Not to discount what they've done thus far by any means, as it's been nothing short of astounding, but the Saints haven't seen a defense like ours yet. It'll be interesting to see how effective our pass rush is in altering Brees' accuracy.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pass??

Absolutely not.

The Jets do not want Drew Brees on the field.

10. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

And if Sanchez gets picked early, we will down early and give the Saints a short field. Sure.

The Jets are going to run the ball, take time off the clock and maximize the clock. Sanchez will have his opportunities, but after we run.

Sanchez is a rookie and we still will protect him as such. Until he actually turns into Namath, we will treat him with kids sloves. I don't know why you want to see the Jets get into a shootout with the Saints. It's a losing situation.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Here's the problem with "running the ball to keep Brees off the field"

Our running game will only get him on the field quicker, and throw Sanchez into 3rd down situations. Not a great scenario, even with Sanchez' 3rd down percentage.

12. Jets1458

Jets1458 New Member

I think this is the week that our running game comes back to life. We will want to keep the Saints off the field as much as possible. I'm not saying I want to see Jones run iso for 2 yards a pop on 1st and 2nd down, leaving Sanchez with a 3rd and long. Rather mix up our runs, and play to the strengths of our very talented RB's. Use some playaction Schotty! It can only help.

13. NYJets4EverOnTop

The Jets are going to have to put up at least 30-35 points in the game to win it so I'm really a lot more concerned without our offense than I am shutting down New Orleans. I agree that I think we need to put the ball in the air early in this game an establish that as part of our game plan.

14. Jets1458

Jets1458 New Member

Am I the only one who thinks that it might not take 30+ points to win the game?

15. NYJets4EverOnTop

Unless we force at least 2-3 turnovers, the Saints are going to score their points.

16. Jets1458

Jets1458 New Member

No reason we can't force 2-3 turnovers.

17. NYJets4EverOnTop

I think that's what it will take to win this game on the road. I'm not saying we can't do it, but I also can't say I'm counting on it.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bingo.

We're a run-first team. So let's keep running the ball first. If they keep stacking 8 in the box, and we can't run the ball, then we'll break out of the shell. But especially early in the game, we're going to want to run the football.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nope...........

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The problem I have, is when they put 8 in the box, we should start lining up DT's as TE's