Schedule very winnable this year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Frenbar, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland

Away: Buffalo, New England, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, Oakland

London: Miami

Outside of divisional games, the Eagles are the only team of the 5 we play at home that had a winning record last year. Our road game against Miami is scheduled to be played in England, which certainly doesn't give Miami the normal home field advantage. Another of our "road" games is against the Giants at Met Life, and we also get to play the Raiders. This looks to be a very beatable schedule if the Jets don't choke.

xmscott and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

If we dont get the 6th seed with that schedule......

I wouldn't know what to say

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

That home schedule looks like cake , just from potential QB's we'd most likely be facing compared to the murderers row that we had to endure last season.

Road schedule seems a little harder. The AFC South games wont be easy at all and also the NFC East ones. Giants look like they will have a much better team next year. And the last 2 times we've played them in the regular season they went on to win the Superbowl :mad:

Obviously way too early to look at which games could be winnable but its never too early to say 10-6!

4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Miami has a normal home field advantage?

5. wisewolf

wisewolf Active Member

maybe my expectations were thrown off by how the NFL screwed us over last year, but this looks like about as easy a schedule as you will get in today's NFL.

We face a few garbage teams (OAK, JAX, TEN)
    A few credible teams that are likely to finish at .500 or below (Buffalo, Houston, Washington, Cleveland, NYG)
    Some good but very beatable teams: MIA, PHI
    And 3 tougher opponents: NE (although a NE that probably takes a little step back without Wilfork and their 2 starting CBs), Dallas (can't say I'm shaking in my boots), and Indy (they're probably title contenders and we're facing them on the road, can't deny that this will be an uphill battle)

I can see us making big strides next year. Won't predict our WL until free agency and the draft are over, but I'm really optimistic.

LIJetsFan and Charlie Kelly like this.
  6. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

9 wins max

FJF likes this.
  7. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I don't see how a game played in the UK gives either team a home field advantage. Its basically a road game for both teams, but Miami gets the short end of the stick because it counts as a home game for them, then they have to play the Jets in NY.

8. Charlie Kelly

Miami usually has half a stadium full of Jets fans for our road games against them. Now they will have an entire stadium full of people that sort of understand the game they are watching and who are having side conversations about whatever soccer game interested them the night before.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I do

Geno Smith fucking sucks

10. Charlie Kelly

You've been crapping on the team for the past week and now you think they should automatically win enough games to make the playoffs? Pretty obvious at this point that you are not a straight shooter

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Miami went to London last year and have been before that too. They know exactly what to expect. Its uncharted territory for the Jets. Miami are more popular than the Jets in the UK and most of the neutrals will be encouraged to root for Miami. It is entirety possible that Miami will have more 'home' advantage in London than they usually have in Miami where half the stadium always seems to be green (and I'm not counting that baby-sick teal colour as green). The weather though will likely favour the Jets - its likely to be colder and wetter in London in early October than it is in NY/NJ.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I see a 7-9 record and billboard talk in our future

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Didn't somebody start a thread exactly like this last year? How did that work out?

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

On paper, it looks to be a very doable schedule. However, way too early to make an educated guess. That said, I'll still throw one out there and say 9-7 at this early juncture. New regime, new energy, better talent, easier schedule and hopefully better coaching. This usually translates into an uptick record wise in Year 1.

15. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I'm crazy, this team right now wins 10 games. One against the f'n Pats

All the division games are going to be hard.

16. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I'd say 7-9 wins is realistic with a schedule like this.

17. roger

roger Active Member

We are considered the easy part of other teams schedules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BleedGreen89, stinkyB and xmscott like this.
  18. Charlie Kelly

If they did they are an idiot, last year's schedule looked brutal on paper and was

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Division games are always tough. a 3-3 split would be fortunate. look at the pats, even they usually either lose a couple and/or are in dog fights and the bills/phins both have good defenses and offensive lines.

outside of that, you dont know who is going to be good and who is going to be be bad. maybe tennesse or jacksonville is a suprise 9 win team. who knows. washington has a top pick and maybe G3 bounces back. maybe cleveland gets it straight. and on the road none of those are easy except oakland, who alwyas seems to stick it to us when we play out there.

giant on "the road" is nice, and the london game being a road game is great as well. the rest is kind of wait and see who suprises and who disappoints

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

those "credible teams like to finish .500 or below" could also be "lesser teams that might suprise and finsih .500 or better".

go back and look at this EXACT SAME THREAD from last year and the year before. then look at the results. We arent good enough to chalk up wins even against sub .500 teams. only teams with top tier QBs can really do that.