Santonio Holmes 'just wants the ball'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 30, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hez-perform-pressure-article-1.1053286?pgno=1

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Whoever this Shaw guy is ...and the guys that train with Holmes do a good job of confirming the rumors that this guy is a dick and a locker room cancer.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

When given one final opportunity to refute the perception that he has been the poster boy for the Jets’ dysfunction, Holmes remained stone-faced.

“I don’t care.”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tone" = punk bitch.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think everyone else will be going "Tebow! Tebow!" if Sanchez "trips up"...

5. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

The more I read on Holmes the more I dislike him. He is a typical selfish malcontent and a cancer. When things go well he is an asset. Unfortunately, he will always be a potential problem. There really is no great Way to deal with him. The jets need to hope for the best. His contract was an awful decision by Tannenbaum.

6. jet setter

jet setter New Member

Just another ghetto douche

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20 20. The majority wanted to keep him over Braylon. He was the better receiver in 2010. He made game winning plays for us on multiple occasions.

When our O line turned to shit and Mark couldn't get him the ball frustrated him. I don't blame Tanny for not seeing into the future.

8. GATA

GATA Member

He's like that little kid you always got annoyed with in class. Always whining, and complaining. Especially after the little show he put during the Dolphins Game SMH !

9. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I was gonna post this before. Everything in that interview just screams "conceited jerk"... The Jets sure do know how to pick em!!! Holmes has no right to demand the ball, he's good but he's not Calvin Johnson or TO in his prime....

#9 dmarz45, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I don't think that was the best interview...drama 2012-2013

11. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

I dont think that he's exactley a cancer. Dude's not used to losing. He went to Ohio State which was a pretty dominant team at the time then to Pittsburgh who again was always a competitor now that he was on a team that struggled hes showing his frustrations. I like it in a way, but i mean it just means hes passionate about winning and id rather have that then someone who settled for an 8-8 season every year. I mean he could prob be a little more positive but as long as the team just lets him be him and start winning games he'll be great! Forget the media. Everything here is controlable. If Santonio's gonna whine then GET HIM THE BALL!

12. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

santonio definitely seems to be a childish dude, even though most of the quotes are from other people. we know he's selfish, not exactly the greatest locker room guy.

but he has the right to demand the ball. he's easily the best receiver on this team. he's a guy who's proven he can win games. it'd be weird if he didn't demand the ball.

13. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

I don't think anyone should get more then 4 years. Football's too unpredictable

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Damn the article makes you believe that Tone is selfish. He is def no team player, and captain? Plz my ass!

He says, " If Mark trips up..." Doesn't he have other things to worry abt, how abt if he trips up should everyone yell for Braylon?

How abt saying me and Mark have spoken and we will fix what went wrong last year, and we learned from the past, and are excited abt the present and future?

Just get me the damn ball... How abt run a route without slacking off half the time, how abt securing passes bcuz last year he did not do that.

Tone thinks he is better than what he really is... I can't believe they put a C on his jersey!

#14 azhar80, Mar 30, 2012
  15. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

While it may be true that the majority wanted Holmes, I was not one of them. I thought he was drastically overrated. I remember several other prople on this site also wanted braylon ober holmes. Holmes has made some great plays In his career - however, great players consistently make great plays. When things go bad they find ways to be part of the solution. There's a reason the steelers traded him for a Third round pick. I don't care if he lead the league in his first year with us he never should have gotten that contract. If Tammy wante to keep him that bad he should have made it a short term deal or structured it in a way that Holmes was held accountable for his actions. They are stuck with the guy.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Gotta hope he gets busted on another drug charge..I seem to remember that there is a clause in his contract that lets the Jets out free if he does.

17. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I don't care who is moving the chains or scoring. But when no one is doing that and you make the money players do, somebody needs to speak up. It should be the coaches but we saw how that went last season. Then it falls to the players. Some players were insulted that Holmes spoke up. How about being insulted that you lost or got beat on a majority of the plays.

I'm tired of the injured excuse after the season. If a player is injured to the point where they are costing you games then you need to find a remedy.

18. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

jesus who is the "player who trains with holmes"?

fuck that, this can't be true, santonio can't be that much of a jackass
    of course mark is gonna "trip" again this season, we're just hoping it's gonna be way less frequent
    even joe namath made a lot of mistakes, he threw 5 interceptions twice in the 68 season!

19. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I think I'm in the minority of people who has no problems with Holmes or this article.

1st and foremost, some of you put to much stock in reports from "unnamed sources". Just like the Carmelo Anthony/Mike D'Antoni situation or Mike Gilchrist @ Kentucky, someone can "report" something they pulled out of thin air. No one hold reporters accountable and just like sites like Media Takeout and shows like TMZ,it creates drama where there is none.

I see the Holmes situation as a WR pissed off because the play calling sucked and he didn't get the ball enough. Is this something new?O wow...WR is a diva. Big fuckin deal. I personally want my WR pissed when he doesn't get the football.I want players to get mad when guys aren't doing their job and getting my QB knocked around.

End of the day, it's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he did answer the questions about the Jets locker room ppl would be saying he's fronting or trying to twist every little thing he says to make a back page headline. He did what tons of other players should learn to do more: STFU!

I'm more pissed at the pussy ass players anonymously going to the media about it. First of all, he's your teammate. Yall are supposed to be a family. Secondly, if he was such a cancer, why didn't anybody stand up DURING the season. Call him out DURING he season when it matters. Not in the 4th quarter of a game we weren't going to win anyway. Thirdly, before we start calling out guys for character issues, let's start addressing ones that can't play. I'll take a malcontent with talent over a bum any day. I don't get how people repeatedly go out their way to call for Holmes head but are OK with the fact that Eric Smith is our Safety and Hunter is a starting O lineman on our team.

#19 Franchize, Mar 30, 2012
  20. The_W

The_W Banned

This is a really troubling article. Both 'Tone and his coach, this Tom Shaw, sound like dicks and not that smart.

That's what a leader should do. Lead by example and do his job 110% percent, while demanding and expecting nothing less from his teammates. If they don't, the leader should do what a leader is supposed; tell his teammates that you have to do better and encourage & cheer them. That doesn't piss off anyone or or if it does, the recipient should probably grow a pair and not be a pussy with a low self esteem.
    People will get pissed off when it's not done privately behind closed doors, but in the media. That's a dick move, not a leader-like move.

Does this mean Holmes as well?