Sanchez likes 'fast-break situation'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Nov 11, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5793043

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

mmm... that's what SHE said?

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's kind of the way he played at SC.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I find that the Jets are successful when they score first (obviously), but it allows them to play their style of football by running the ball and being able to pin their ears back on defense and pressure the QB.

Since the offense is sputtering, let's try the 2 minute early like they did with Chad in his career, and then go into the ground and pound in the middle of the game.

To start and finish halves/games, I don't mind this tempo at all.

And hey, Spanish folk like a fast tempo AMIRITE!?!?!?! Hi-oh!!!

5. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

been having this exact discussion with a friend of mine. He wants it for 60% of the game tho LOL.

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

yeah right, lol.

i would definitely like to see it more though. i remember last year vs the titans we came out on the 1st possession like that and we marched right down the field.

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

And ATL just tried to open the game that way....uh I just want to see us pound the ball with Shonne 8 out of the first 10 plays on O>>>set the tempo and let LT blow past a tired D with tosses and pitches! Thats who we are...

8. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

As I recall, in Schottenheimer's first year with the Jets he used hurry up quite a bit during the game. I certainly would like to see it used more if the players think they're so good during hurry up situations.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Different HC though. Rex believes in the Ground and Pound and will really have to be convinced to change otherwise.

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Id rather they just use it if our regular gameplan of running the ball isnt working, as it would probably help jumpstart the running game. Then stick with the running game because it gives the defense more time to rest.

11. skeleton_frames

In other words, 'Hey offence! Go run a no huddle!'

To quote Mark Sanchez, 'This is so easy, Schotty, you suck!'

Oh, but the only problem may be that if they go fast break, they might score too fast according to Matt Millen.

#11 skeleton_frames, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think Rex is the kind of coach that gets it, if he sees something working he'll use it even if it goes against his philosophy. He even said as much in the Monday presser (Sanchez likes the 2 minute drill and I'm more ground and pound and all that jazz but it's something I think we'll see more of...I think those were his exact words).

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Wait until they bring in the heavy run stop personnel and go hurry up. Easy money.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We could see some nice PA out of the Jets run formation that features Greene and Conner. Put 8 in the box you got Holmes and Edwards streaking down the field.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ground & pound is great as long as you're moving the chains and scoring at least once in a while.

We ain't.

And if it's a faster pace that works, or a simpler offensive scheme...why not? No reason they can't ground & pound quicker.

16. RMorin

RMorin Member

I think the hurry up makes Sanchez over think the routes a lot less. You guys notice he does not have his happy feet when he is running the hurry up?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Glad Sanchez does because it was clearly evident from the beginning of the Ravens game tonight the 2 minute drill is the Achilles Heal of that defense. Which was pointed out in the beginning of the game thread.

Well at least that was one prediction I got right....Sure enough they get killed in the last minute......

The Ravens are certainly a possible playoff opponent and they cant stop it.............

18. 624

624 Banned

TGG is thankful to have a poster like soxxx that pointed that out to us in the beginning of the game thread.

19. dgonx

dgonx New Member

A hurry up/2 minute offense starting and ending each half could only benefit the GNP in my opinion. The big problem with our ground and pound philosophy hasn't been the personnel or the application of it, but the fact that it's become a bit predictable. Some more high flying shit, would only open up those running lanes for LT and Greene to smash through.

20. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

Sanchez is the best down field passer in the AFC East right now, why not open it up?