Samuels and Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by johnnysd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

After Samuels interception and runback against Manning yesterday they showed his interception and return against us in replay. When you contrast it to the bullets that Manning and Brady HAD to throw against each of these defenses, and then look at that floating duck that Pennington threw on much the same route as Manning's I cannot believe that anyone thinks that Chad will be able to consistently beat elite defenses. There are just not enough guns in the arsenal. During the broadcast, Brady said that against San Diego he was forced to threw bullets to fit the ball in to his receivers on even the short throws. NE barely won, and Brady is capable of doing that. Chad simply is not. He is an overachieving QB, great leader and smart, but the hard truth is that he will never get us to the next level. Just look at that replay and what Brady said, and I don't see how you can believe otherwise.

2. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Wow, another thread about arm strength...

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I saw all this and sadly, I have to agree with you. I love Chad to death and he's a very capable guy in all other aspects, but against the elite interceptors like Samuels, we're doomed. My problem is, what do we have with Clemens? He may have the arm, but does he possess all the other "intangibles" that Chad possesses?

This, IMO, is going to be the $64,000 question come August.

4. e-x

e-x New Member

what? chad pennington has a weak arm? stop the presses.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You very well might be right, only time will tell, this is in no way a fact right now however. Find me any QB that CONSISTENTLY beats elite Ds.. There is a reason they are elite..

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

talking about beating a dead horse...i thought we were done with this converstaion

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm as sick of hearing this as the next man, but don't know how you can think the NY Jets or this board is "done with this conversation," seeing as how this subject is probably THE MOST PRESSING issue the NY Jets face next season. There is no other subject bigger. Make no mistake about it.

TC will open and what will be covered? Our new lines or changes to our lines? Our kicking game? Maybe a new RB acquisition? Uh-uh. Chad Pennington, front and center, and how he looks compared to Clemens. That's what will be on every sports page.

8. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Isnt it funny how chad threw less interceptions then both brady and manning. Learn what makes chad successful, he almost always throws a pretty ball and has amazing accuracy. im so sick of hearing about arm strength.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This conversation isn't over until we have a QB with a laser, rocket arm...or at least a good imitation!

Chad's passes float so much, they resemble blimps more than ducks.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Chad had 16 picks, Brady 12 Manning 9. Manning also had 31 TDs and Brady 24, to Chads 17. Manning and Brady are just as accurate as Chad with a lot more zip on the ball. I like Chad, but be fair. He's no Manning or Brady.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Maybe some of you should go check and see if maybe there is a position open to stand next to manginis side. Some of the brilliant minds here seem to see something that the professionals running our team don't. You better go make sure mangini etc get this very important message that "Chad can never beat the elite defenses". I would hate for us to go into camp next year without them knowing this.

12. billybob

billybob New Member

Although I agree, this is a bad example to make your point since .....
    Manning DOES have a rocket for an arm and he threw the same interception that Chad did so .. it appears that having a rocket arm in that case did not help!

13. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

We already have a QB like that Patrick Ramsey, very rocket armish.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

So throwing the pick returned for a TD is ok if you have a strong arm but not ok if you don't? Any reason to knock Chad, I guess. You're all going to be real pissed off next year because Chad will be our QB again.

15. Todd14

Todd14 Member

Or Italian Seafood, Chad will get hurt in the second game (God forbid) and Kellen Clemens the God of all QB's Past, Present and Future will lead us to the Super Bowl!

I can see if we had Brady sitting on the bench behind Chad then we can talk but we have an unknown rookie from Oregon who could be great, could be okay or could suck...we don't know yet. I am sure the coaches see Chad and Kellen in practice. I am sure they want the best guy on the field at QB.

I keep going back to Big Ben and the Steelers and that shows you what a good running game and front line can do for a QB. Chad is smart and a proven leader. Give him a line of studs with a running back and let him do his thing.

BTW, I hope when it is Clemens time to play...that he is great!

16. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

i was satisfied with Chad this season and im pretty sure hes only gonna get better. Also, I remember some ex QB, im not exactly sure who, had the same injury and said his arm eventually got stronger. If Chad's throws just have a little more pepper on them next season, were in good hands.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Chad will never have the skill to win a game. Just the smarts not to loose one. Im sure we can all at least agree on that. WIth that said why don't we concentrate on something that can happen like Tangini drafting three good defensive players who can make a difference so maybe we an win a 17-14 game next year. It is obvious that the Chad supporters don't get the fact that we will never win a playoff game where we have to put points on the board unless something out of the ordinary happens because Chad simply can not do it. Chad supporters fail to understand the Jets have a bright future because we have a coach that can go play for play with Belicheck now we need a Qb who can go throw for throw with Brady. Chad is not that man!

18. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Typical posters! Looking for style over substance. Thank God we have a coaching staff that values production! They don't get hung up in useless discussions over arm strength!

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I really hope you were a Jet fan for all the years that we didn;t have a QB that could lead us to the playoffs every time he was healthy. I swear this is what happened in 98. We got a load of new fans that think that year was every year for the Jets. Pennington is a successful QB,until proven otherwise. The Pats were the better team this year,If you are gonna go away from the season blaming pennington,then you were watching with one eye closed.

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Those that think Chad can't win a game are smarter than Mangini and Tannenbaum

I trust TGG posters more than the coaches