Sad- Bills and Jets were in the same boat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Literally same situation

we decided to NOT fire Bowles

we decided to draft Sam over Josh

we decided to hire Gase

Go FUCK yourselves Johnsons

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Bills also made a move for Stefon Diggs.

Not sure what it would have cost us but Sam would look much better if he were on the roster.

Royal Tee, AJW, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No point in being sad and bitter about it now...onwards and upwards with new leadership and management in place. Lets keep it going.

All it means is a franchise can turnaround quick...
    Regarding the Bills, I will say they had a solid defense when Allen got there, offense needed work.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sam does need legit weapons and a better plan for him. I am not 100% done with him but pretty close...if we can get a trade for him I'd be down otherwise I think we need to get playmaker however we can

5. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

The Bills were in a much better position than the Jets in 2018.

Both teams were going to have plenty of cap space to build around their young signal callers, but the Bills had far more draft capital from trading down in the previous draft. Conversely the Jets traded a ton of draft capital to pick Sam Darnold.

The Bills also were only two years removed from a postseason birth so they already had more talent on the roster.

6. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

We totally gutted our roster. The year we snook into the playoffs our roster was below average. Good drafts since McBean was hired is what contributed to what you see now.

2017 draft: T. White, D. Dawkins, M. Milano
    2018 draft: J. Allen, T. Edmunds, H. Phillips, T. Johnson
    2019 draft: E. Oliver, D. Singletary, D. Knox
    2020 draft: Z. Moss, G. Davis, T. Bass

We’ve been hitting on our draft picks with the biggest one being the QB.

7. Longsuffering88

hey

shhhhh
    keep quiet
    Jet fans just want to blame only Sam

we hit in zero phases all those years

and we had Mac, Bowles and Gase

the three worst football humans god ever created (at the respective levels of job)

My fellow Jet fans gonna give you 500 excuses but there is no reason we could not be the bills of today, short of horrific management and coaching- both directly tied to the Johnson fuck tards

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Who cares?

It's not like Josh Allen Is good enough to win a Superbowl.

I mean... Is he though? Meh. I don't think so.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

They got lucky in that the Wilson family sold the team. We’re still stuck with the same bozos. Though I give credit to Chris Johnson for reportedly letting Joe Douglas have almost all the say in this coaching hire. They still have a long way to go to prove we’re a competent organization again.

Cman68 and All Gas No Shake like this.
  10. Longsuffering88

Damn man
    You must be young

contrary to all the new age “fans” thinking we have on this site, a great team, with a good game manager, and a good coaching staff can win a SB easy.

Maybe not a dynasty, but a Super Bowl without a doubt.

stop being brainwashed by the emo crew
    Somehow all of these players have more Super Bowls than Dan Marino. So go fuck yourselves to all the “franchise HOF QB or bust” idiots.... construct a great team and you always have a shot.
    Fucking armchair idiots.

Jim Plunkett
    Jim McMahon
    Phil Sims
    Jeff Hostetler
    Mark Rypien
    Doug Williams
    Trent Dilfer
    Brad Johnson
    Joe Flavco
    Nick Foles

And I would add Eli to the list but you can leave him off if you like

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Bravo! Bravo!

These guys don’t understand football. Allen missed a wide open Digg deep. His D bailed him with the INT return. He’s not better than Darnold, maybe has a better stiff arm.

He has Diggs #2 WR in the league, great HC and a killer D like the Sanchez days.

It’s pretty simple to be competitive, but if you want Saints, Packers, level every year in the hunt, well Sam aint gonan cut it. And to be fair most of these young QBs won’t. They all need stellar casts, and that’s the point my dudes.

Sam needs a cast, like every other young Qb. LoL

12. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

What about Terry Bradshaw? How many super bowls did he win? 4? Was he a franchise QB or average?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

Relax.. It's a rub on the Bills, not something for you to get all worked up over.

Also.. Stop acting like you're the fountain of wisdom around here. Not all of us are brain dead.

If you want to go down memory lane, we can, but, the fact Is. It doesn't matter.

Who cares?

The Bills are having a good year.

Am I supposed to get worked up over that? Should I crown them the next dynasty already because they are finally making a playoff run of any significance?

I don't think Josh Allen Is good. I think he has a lot of flaws that their current team covers up very well. I think they will be exposed very soon. I don't think he Is good enough to win a SB.

Cool list.... They were fortunate enough to not cost their team In the playoffs. Happens. It's the exception, not the rule.

I'm fairly certain. Mark Sanchez was In the same spot, he didn't make It, despite being on really good teams back to back years.

Stop acting like It's not more convenient to have a great QB getting you to the playoffs, year after year, consistently. It is.

My post never once suggested that a mediocre QB couldn't win on a SB caliber team.

With all that said... I don't want a short term answer that gets us excited for a season or two, then fades away. We've done that already back in 09' - 10'.

Why do we want to do that again?

How can you act like anyone Is wrong for wanting a fucking HOF QB? That's just not smart.

Who wouldn't want that? Honestly?

Sure, I understand the "something Is better than nothing" theory. It's not something to really strive for though. It can get It done but It certainly doesn't hold great odds In comparison to having a good team and great QB on your team. Those are much better odds of winning a SB.

Bravo though. Bravo...

#13 IIMeanDeanII, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

I think It's more-so, posters on this forum don't understand context.

What are you even on about?

K'OB likes this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If we had drafted Allen, this board would have exploded into a million pieces of flying shrapnel.

16. BrooklynJetsFan

stop trolling

17. BrooklynJetsFan

You know how many Bills fan were mad Allen was selected over Rosen.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If we’d have drafted Allen, he could have car shared with Hackenberg out of here.

The New York Jets: ruining quarterbacks since 1973.

Cman68, ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I remember thinking that about Tom Brady in 2001.

If the Browns win tonight, we are in for a week of ugly Jets fan arguments.

20. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

And the 2017 draft really set the Bills up well for the Allen era. My point was that 2017 was the line of demarcation. By the 2018 draft the Bills future looked brighter than the Jets.

In addition to drafting three really good players in 2017 (2 at premium spots) they also were able to add more picks in the process. Like the Jets they mistakenly passed on Watson/Mahomes, but unlike the Jets were able to get a great haul in return (#1 CB, a third round pick, and future first). That trade (along with great drafting and cap space) set the Bills up well to build around Allen (who like Darnold was a raw prospect).

The Jets conversely didn’t have anything worthwhile on their roster as far as young talent with the exception of two promising safeties. The 2017 Jets were a 1-3 win team that somehow got to 5-11 because Josh McCown played out of his mind in a few games. Instead of picking in the top 3 like they should have they were at pick #6. With McCagnan on the hot seat knowing he needed a young QB to inspire enough hope to save his job he panicked and traded away three future second round picks to ensure he got a QB (didn’t even seem to care which one is was).

As a result the Jets ended up with a very young, raw QB on a bad team, with a lame duck head coach, and without much in terms of draft capital to supplement the roster. The Jets did have cap flexibility, but McCagnan literally flushed that down the toilet.

There was some hope when the Jets ended up getting the #3 overall pick in 2019 that maybe they could trade down and recoup the picks. Unfortunately the 2019 draft sucked (especially for offense and QBs) and the Jets were stuck at 3.

ColoradoContrails likes this.