Russell Wilson out 6-8 weeks

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 9, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm honestly surprised nobody made a thread on this unless I missed something. I put it in the jets forum because this interests us in 2 ways.

1) The lesser way, Geno smith is now their starting QB and so far fans were happy with the way he played when he replaced wilson last game. Will be interesting if he does well. That would make us a team that has 3 QBs we drafted all starting and playing well in the NFL between zach, wilson, and sam. Will be interesting to see if he ever made somehting of himself after leaving and sitting behind a stud like wilson for a few years

2) The more important way, the seahawks are not a good team overall. The defense is suspect even with them dropping 2 1sts on jamaal and paying him a ton of money. The offense lacks talent too. the line is just ok, carson is an average RB. The reason they were good is wilson. he made up for a ton of holes. He's a very underrated QB still. him, metcalf and locket are the trio that makes them a competitive team. without wilson there is a good chance they lose many games. and if they do fall far behind before he can come back, seattle may opt not to rush him back and risk further injury. it could drop seattles 1st round pick which we have from the expected mid 20s into the top 10 or at least top 15. Wouldn't surprise me if they went 1-5 the next 6 games. that would put them at 3-8. they also have the 4-0 cards and 4-1 rams in their division. at that point they could be out of 1st place by like 6 games with only 6 left to play meaning they could sit wilson a few extra weeks. that would be huge for us if we could get 2 top 15 picks

Borat and mrjet80 like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

As of right now I’d say the Jets will be around the #10 pick - Seattle probably about #14 or 15. I remember thinking the only way the Seahawks pick would raise up out of the mid 20s would be an injury to Wilson. Well look and behold here we are …..

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They're not the well rounded team that nearly won 2 straight Super Bowls. Sucks for them, but I'm not complaining.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Before last year the Seahawks had not drafted inside of the top 25 in 10 years. Then they trade 2 1's to the Jets and it is looking like 2 straight years. Some good luck for us.

Royal Tee, mrjet80 and Lon Chaney like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

They also have 2 of the best teams in the NFL in their division (cards and rams) and are down their por bowl QB. I could see seattle only winning about 7 games this year now

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't wish injury to any player, but Russell is going to be fine as it is just a finger, and hopefully this means a few extra losses by Seattle, missing play-offs, and a nice first round pick for the Jets. The way I see it we already won this trade by a landslide with having LG AVT on a rookie deal instead of safety Adams on 18 mil per. Plus we have a bonus on top of it of Seattle's first rounder. If Hawks keep losing without Wilson, this might turn to to be one sided fleecing of epic proportions.

Royal Tee and Red Menace like this.
  7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I really hope Wilson takes his time with this, Seattle keep losing and Wilson keeps sitting as he works his way to his off season trade.

Let them sink like a stone.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Leicester Jet and bicketybam like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Please tell me what I'm missing here. I admit I'm beyond stupid on NFL contracts, but can't Wilson just collect and make like a tree and leave? Same thing with man bun Rodgers, what's the incentive to stay in at all?

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Geno’s revenge is to make our draft pick as low as possible.

Jonathan_Vilma and stinkyB like this.