RUMOR: Gase ERA over if they lose Sunday.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Brilliant decision by Chris and JD, gotta make sure we lose to the Patriots to lock up the number one pi...oh wait, nvm. Morons.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why? Why now? What difference can it make now?

Not that I wouldn't love it to happen, but what's so magical about losing to the Browns, as opposed to the other 14 teams they lost to? Will this somehow salvage the season? Or are the Johnsons trying to get the jump on the competition?

Idiots.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets likely to make coaching change if team loses to Browns in Week 16
    Scott Rogust 33 mins ago

If the New York Jets don't beat the Cleveland Browns in Week 16, there could be a coaching change come Monday morning.

[​IMG]© Provided by Fansided
    The New York Jets are coming off their first-win of the season after pulling off a monumental upset over the Los Angeles Rams that likely handed Clemson's Trevor Lawrence to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Head coach Adam Gase has been heavily scrutinized throughout his tenure with the Jets for not living up to his reputation of being an offensive genius while also failing to develop quarterback Sam Darnold. As it turns out, the upset win may not help him retain his job.

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Jets will likely make a coaching change on Monday if the team doesn't win against the shorthanded Cleveland Browns.

Jets could be getting a head start on coaching interviews
    It's important to note that this past week, the NFL has allowed teams to interview head coaching candidates who are employed by other teams starting this past Wednesday. With teams like the Houston Texans, Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons in need of a new head coach, it appears the Jets don't want to wait too long to make a decision on Gase, especially if there's a candidate they don't want to lose out on.

Gase was an unpopular hiring by Jets brass, especially after his failed stint as head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Gases' first season with the Jets was saved by a second-half surge by the team, resulting in a 7-9 record. This year was disastrous, as Gase's supposed offensive expertise yielded abysmal results.

Entering Week 16, the Jets rank last in total offense (271.1 yards/game), last in passing offense (168.2), 23rd in rushing offense (102.9) and last in points per game (14.7).

Prior to Saturday, the Jets faced a huge challenge in the form of the playoff-contending Browns. However, the Browns will be without their four top wide receivers after being deemed close contacts to linebacker BJ Goodson, who tested positive for COVID-19. Now, a seemingly impossible game for the Jets became winnable.

If what La Canfora's hearing is to be true, then Jets fans can expect a coaching change to be made on Monday if the team loses their 14th game of the season.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What difference does it makes? What point are you trying to make? That Gase should have been fired before, or not fired at all? What part of JD has fuck all to do with the HC decision are you incapable to grasp? Or what part about no one is interested in tanking within the organization or any organization for that matter don’t you get? I hope Gase goes, should have been fired after week 4.

88toon, FJF and Footballgod214 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

who does our gravestones? this one better be goood!

7. Footballgod214

Just give the JohnsonTwins a 1 week leg up talking to new candidates....

Jets_Grinch and LAJet like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear trust fund babies.

You had to fire him last week before he ruined your tank.

Chris and Woody. You two have only one achievement in life.

Being the first sperms hit your mother's egg.

Now, get the fuck out of here and sell the team.

9. HomeoftheJets

In that post, my point is that firing Gase now is useless. Overall, what should have happened is Douglas should have gotten Gase fired after the Raiders game, which should have been all the wakeup call he needed that 0-16 wasn't a guarantee and that he needed to take control of the situation. And I don't care what the terms of Douglas's contract were, he needed to stand up to ownership and get it done. It clearly can be done, considering Gase managed to get Mac fired even though he had no authority over Mac.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

if they fucking win...

11. HomeoftheJets

Almost certainly doesn't matter, the Jags have made it clear by starting Glennon (2020 passer rating of 75.4, career rating of 83.3) over Minshew (2020 rating of 95.9, career rating of 93.1) that they're planning to lose their last two games on purpose. And the NFL isn't going to do anything about it.

jilozzo and JetsKickAss like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Keep your antennae up if this was a Khan or Marrone decision.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The sooner the better! Problem is there is a good chance we win Browns will be without wide receivers Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, and Donovan Peoples-Jones

#13 BudJet, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Endlessly Counting likes this.
  14. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Well does it really matter if they win or lose, he should be goner regardless! Because hope we lose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cman68, MoWilkBeast and Jets79 like this.
  15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Here is why you would fire him Monday.

We can begin to interview candidates still employed by other teams this week. I don't get why it would only be contingent on losing tomorrow. If the decision is made to move on, then you do it regardless of what happens tomorrow.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hope the Jets franchise is ready, cause I am not paying to see this team live again after covid. Not with these bone heads as owners.

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

So I guess if he wins tomorrow then he's getting an extension?

What is it with the stupidity in this front office. If you're going to fire him, then fire him. It's not like beating a Cleveland team that's starting their fifth WR is going to show you something that you haven't seen the past 30 games.

Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I agree with the Johnson’s on this one. I mean, a 2-13 record is obviously respectable but 1-14 is an utter embarrassment.

Additionally, if he beats the Browns and Patriots then I’d award him Coach of the Year and give him a three year extension for the play offs near-miss.

19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

That’s the stupidest thing about this news...so if he wins then what? He’s staying?

I HATE the Johnsons

azhar80 likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous for the decision to pend on the outcome of this game. It is clear he is the wrong guy to lead an NFL team and beating a team with no receivers should not change the outcome. As soon as I saw the NFL news about permission to interview candidates early I was hoping to see something like this and I don't care whether they call it a resignation, a firing, a mutual agreement or anything else as long as he's gone and the Jets are ready to make phone calls at nine AM Monday.

LAJet likes this.