Rounds 2 and 3 wish list

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WilsonJetsFan, Apr 29, 2022.

1. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

There are five picks ahead of us. As it happens, there are six guys I would be very excited to get at pick #38. (If we weren't going to take one of these guys, I would rather trade back and pick up 2 players a little later.) Here are my six, in no particular order:

Travis Jones (DT)
    Nakobe Dean (LB)
    Perrion Winfrey (DT)
    Jaquan Brisker (S)
    Christian Watson (WR)
    David Ojabo (Edge)

Obviously, two of these (Watson and Ojabo) would involve doubling up, and I'm fine with that given the importance of Edge and WR.

I like Breece Hall, but I do not believe in spending a high second-round pick on a running back. They have much shorter careers and higher injury rates, so you aren't likely to get the long term value that you see more often at other positions. Also, there are really good RB options available later, so I don't think we give up that much by waiting until pick 101 for an RB. I would rather aim for Allgeier at 101, and if he isn't there, I'd be very happy with Ford, Cook, or one of the other 4th round prospects with 111 or 117. I'd rather use the #38 on a position for which the drop off to 101 is much larger.

For the 101 pick, I am really hoping we get lucky and we see one of the following who will all probably be taken earlier, but you never know:

Tyler Allgeier (RB)
    Kirby Joseph (S)
    Isaiah Likely (TE)
    Jeremy Ruckert (TE)

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We need Nakobe Dean. A true leader of the defense

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Great idea!

The top 4 names stick out to me for 38.

I'd rank them in order of "want" for me as:
    Brisker
    Dean
    Jones
    Winfrey

101 is so far away that it's really hard to speculate on but if we can snag an RB there, that would be great!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Hopefully he's there at 38 but I don't think he will be.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Now the big question is, would a team like to jump up in the 2nd to snag one of the QB's that are still on the board?

At 39, 40, & 41 you've got the Bears and Seahawks twice. Wouldn't hate to trade back a bit in the 2nd and get a 3rd/4th.

But, if Dean or Brisker are there, I think you just stay put and take one of them. Defense goes from a huge liability to a very solid unit in one offseason.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Dean or Brisker. I doubt Dean will be there but wackier things have happened. I wouldn’t double down on edge or WR here. We have money and assets invested in both of those positions now and taking someone this high means we are sitting someone that’s making a lot of money or sitting someone we just used a high pick on.

NYJFOREVER and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be there. But that makes it easier to perhaps trade down a few spots and acquire another pick - maybe even a third. In another post Chanel was mentioned. I know the Jets liked Muma also.

#7 mrjet80, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Winfrey would be an amazing addition to this dline, I would love it if they grabbed him.

Christian Harris is a favorite of mine as well, plenty of quality left on board.

#8 Red Menace, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  9. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I certainly won't be upset if they decide not to double down. I'm still gunshy after last year, watching our defense get rolled when injuries consumed our only decent Edge, and watching our Rookie QB try to upset Tampa Bay with second and third-string receivers. Injuries happen, and while "depth" usually means a meaningful drop-off, I can also see the argument that Edge and WR should be positions with heavy rotations and little-to-no drop-off.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I like that Travis Jones is at the top of your list. He would be my choice. Disagree about running backs. Yeah, they tend to have a short career but you still need them. Hall or Walker II would give the Jets an added dimension of excitement on offense. I don't mind doubling down at Edge here. Ojabo, Mafe or Ebiketie, combined with Sauce and Johnson, could give the Jets a pretty formidable pass defense. WR here is overkill. So much for what my heart says, my brain says go with the DT.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd be a little surprised if Dean makes it to 38, but I think it's possible. Agree with others he's just what this defense needs. There should be at least one QB who goes before 38. I'm shocked Malik Willis is available and bet there are some teams who feel the same way. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a run on QBs early. Plus, some first round-caliber corners and edges around too that will be in demand high in the 2nd. Also think some team will jump on Skyy Moore and or Christian Watson pretty quickly too.

Second favorite choice is Travis Jones followed by Jaquan Brisker or Jalen Pitre, but trying to stay open!

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The football gods dont usually shine on the JETS, but this would be a good time for them to let Nakobe Dean slide to 38

Savatage and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Best Available LB - Mosely, Q Williams and ? - they stink and part of the reason we were last in DEF
    Wouldn't mind TE McBride if he's there, but that's a luxuary / same for OLine
    Would not go Safety as i think: 1. Whitehead and 2. Joyner, Ashtyn and Riley (Pinnock or one of those hybrid guys) can hold it down for the year.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ashtyn Davis is hot trash.... and why I wouldve been happy with Hamilton at 10

James Hasty likes this.
  15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Ebiketie DE or Dean ILB for me

westiedog1, Altoona4 and IDFjet like this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Breece Hall.

If we really want to help Zach, give him a legit #1 RB

KingRoach, westiedog1 and IDFjet like this.
  17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Agreed. We still can’t really establish the run that well and don’t have OL depth so it will be tough. Hall had a ton of meetings with Texans and I don’t think we get him.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. WoodyHarrelson

I agree on safety and we only drafted Davis two years ago. Maybe as a GM it just doesn’t make sense to double dip so early even if Davis is not the answer. LB could be in play.

19. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When you look at this - 3 spots stand out...

1. Safety
    2. Lber
    3. RB

Brisker seems like the most logical pick imo.
    Lber and RB are deep + can be better addressed at 101 vs safety.

20. WoodyHarrelson

Brisker
    Breece Hall
    Nakobe Dean

one of them would be great

Lon Chaney and RochesterJet like this.