Ronnie Brown

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Murrell2878, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I have the 1st pick in the draft so I won't be keeping anyone. However, I have Ronnie Brown on my team and since Ricky will be out for the entire year, should I draft Ronnie Brown with the 1st overall pick. (This is a keeper league so most of the established stars will already be gone).

My pick status as of right now will be this.

1) Me
    2) other team w/ no keeper
    3)ME
    4) other team w/ no keeper
    5) team w/ one keeper

then Round 1 starts

Here are the top players that aren't going to be kept
    Torry Holt
    Randy Moss
    Steve Smith (possible) or Steven Jackson
    Terrell Owens or Thomas Jones
    Carson Palmer
    Reggie Bush
    Willie Parker (I'm dropping him)

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'd definitely consider grabbing him at #1. You're getting a guaranteed starter, who was productive as a rookie, with fresh legs and little injury history/risk. Plus, Culpepper to open the passing game, so he's guaranteed to have loosened up interior D's up against him. I don't think it's at all unrealistic to see him break 1400 and 10 TDs, good for around the 7th or 8th best fantasy back.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm pretty set on keeping him on my team in my league.

I think we can keep like 6 players and I have Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith who are definately being kept. Then I have Ronnie Brown, Domanick Davis and Tatum Bell so I'm almost definately keeping Brown and might keep Bell depending on what happens with Denver in the draft.

I would recommend you keep Brown but I dont know what the price of keeping him is because it sure would be nice to have Palmer or TO or Moss or Smith.

Saban should run him pretty hard because his QBs are still huge question marks and it seems like he woudl run a pound the ball offense to let his defense control the game.

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

If Stephen Jackson gets dropped, I would take Holt #1 and then Brown or Jackson #3. If not, take Brown #1 and Holt or Smith #3. That way you get the best RB available and one of the best WRs in the NFL.

5. nestor78

nestor78 New Member

Out of the players you listed that are available I like R. Brown the best, like green hurricane said he should see fewer defenders in the box next year, I'd try to get Jackson at #3 because the defenses are so weak in the NFC West, and he was horribly misused last year (he was on my team last year and several times through the year they had 1st and goal and he would not even get 1 touch) he should be better utilized this year. Good Luck

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Okay, what about Dominack Davis' value? Should I target him with my second keeper selection?

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Dom Davis is a great player if your league rewards receptions. He is not going to get you a lot of rushing yards but he is usually good for like 60 catches and 500 yards or something around there. I predict about 10 TDs because he is not good at pounding the ball in at the goal line.

8. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

I would go Brown #1 and Smith/Holt #3. Lock down your #1 RB and WR while you can. (Owens/Moss are hard to pass up here ... Bledsoe to Owens is hard to resist ... but with his background - & Moss coming off injury?)

However ... with Palmer out there you could take a big flyer and grab him. He heals up and you have your #1 QB to keep year after year. That is a risk though ... but one that could pay off big.

#8 Spike_D, May 8, 2006
    Last edited: May 8, 2006