Romo next year maybe??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Cowboys look like they've got a QB controversy on their hands. Prescott has led them to their best season in 10 years and Romo isn't getting any younger, but he's too expensive and too good to just be a backup. Just like with the 49ers going with Young and sending Montana to the Chiefs, I have no doubt that Romo's days in Big D are numbered.

I'll state the obvious about our QB situation: It fucking sucks. But might Romo be someone to look at for possibly the next couple years? He is a bit injury prone, and he's never had success in the playoffs, but on the other hand, he's excellent in the regular season, and he's WAY better than anyone we have now.

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Wow this is the first I've heard of this one. Can't believe nobody has brought this up before now. Sure let's bring a 36 year old who can't stay healthy behind this line. Let's do another half assed rebuild.

FlaJet, dogg, SackExchange69 and 7 others like this.
  3. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

No more great/good players at the end of their careers. Especially not Tony Ohno! Oh no! He's not getting up! Oh no! It looks bad ladies and gentlemen. "Oh no this and oh no that, but maybe we'll give him a chance cuz Romo can rap!???" Picture that.

FlaJet likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Another Favre redo plus he is always injured

No thanks

We keep drafting QBs best answer

Jetmart15 likes this.
  5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The message board is playing as bad as the Jets this week.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

JetBlue and FJF like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Romo isn't coming here. He's going to want to go to a team that can contend for a championship, and if Dallas moves him in a trade, they'll most likely accommodate that request. He's not coming here where he'll have to play behind a rebuilding offensive line, behind which he'd most likely suffer a career ending injury, all while having no chance at winning six games, let alone a championship.

Next year needs to be about rebuilding the o-line and getting experience for Petty, Hackenberg, or whoever else is brought in to be the supposed QB of the future.

abyzmul likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It would be career suicide if Romo came to the Jets even for one year. He's injury prone and this Jets team couldn't be farther from contention than it is right now. Unless Woody throws in a brink's truck full of guaranteed cash, it ain't happening.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This season.

Sam Hammer and xxedge72x like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we we follow this thread up with a Jay Cutler thread?

10. abyzmul

I think this is mostly true. Romo has a gigantic bloated contract and he'd certainly have to make contact concessions in a trade, and there's no reason to believe he'd do that to come to one of the shittiest franchises in the league.

Then again, there is no guarantee that a contender or anything close to it would want to trade draft picks for a 38 year old proven playoff loser who has broken his back twice and has metal plates holding his fragile collarbone together.

11. abyzmul

Smokin Jay would be a perfect fit. Two piles of doodoo glomming into each other.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

It appears that the Jets have a plan for Hackenberg which is to take the first snap in a game around 2020, since that is 3 years away I think they should go all in on Tyrod Taylor, he has all the tools and is a threat to take off and run.
    He would atleast offer a possibility of something good happening with every snap whether the offensive line sucks or not.

tbruner12 likes this.
  13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I thought I'd come into this thread and only mock the thread title, because what's the point of raising a suggestion if you are just going to qualify it as "maybe."

But it turns out not only does the OP think everyone is so ignorant of the Cowboys QB situation that it needs to be explained so as to justify his "maybe" suggestion, but he also thinks there is a QB controversy in Dallas.

Now, before I jumped the gun I looked to see if this thread was started two months ago, when there was a QB controversy in Dallas, but, no, it was started today, when there is zero QB controversy. Prescott is the starter and Romo is done. No controvery whatsoever.

So, not only do we have a terrible thread title, and a needlessly over explained position, but it's all based on the false premise of a non-existent QB controversy.

It's a thread hat trick of fail. Happy New Year!

Jets69 and abyzmul like this.
  14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Healthy Romo is a franchise altering upgrade but he can't healthy behind the best O-Line in the league. With the Jets, I have serious doubts Romo would last 5+ games.

If you want Romo, you need an elite OL, or a strong run game where you can limit him to about 22 pass attempts in most games. I'd love to see how hard Elway pushes for him next year because I think he'd make them favorites to reach the SB.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I could not agree more,,,and depending on Lynch I think its a no brainer for Romo to be a Bronco

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Fix the dam OL 1st , get a 1sr rate RB and then worry about a QB.... in that order olease.

AJW and tbruner12 like this.
  17. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Romo rhymes with "No! No!"

Absolutely not. No how. No way. Not ever. End of discussion.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Romo is about the LAST QB the Jets should consider. He can't stay healthy behind the best OL in the NFL. He would stand no chance of staying healthy here. The team needs to forget the "competitive rebuild" BS and go with a full rebuild/youth movement. They don't have the talent to go anywhere next season, and if Bowles is back, they won't have the CS that can get them anywhere. They need the cap space they free up to address the OL and secondary, not spend it on a 36 year-old QB that would never finish preseason, much less the regular season. Finally, the Jets need to find and develop a young QB, be it Petty, Hack, Glennon or someone they draft. Looking every year or two for another JAG QB to sign is stupid and will keep the team sucking in perpetuity.

In short, signing Romo would be the stupidest move the Jets could possibly make. If they do, I hope that they NEVER win another football game as long as Woody owns the team, and I hope that Mac never works in football again. That move would turn me from a passionate fan, into a passionate hater of this team.

nycarl and LarryAlRalph like this.
  19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

He would be dead after the first game because of our shitbucket Oline

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm on the Tyrod Taylor bandwagon, personally. I honestly like the kids upside.
    He's only 27 and if we can get him at a decent price coming off groin surgery i'm liking the role of the dice here.

Thing is the kid needs a bonafide OC-QBC combo that will develop him and get him to play up to his ability.
    One would think Gaily would be perfect for this but I'm not so sure.