Roku 3 vs Vizio Co-Star

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

With dad's day on Sunday I was debating getting one of these for dad however I honestly don't know which to get. I'm hoping that anybody who has either can give some details as to the pros and cons of each. Apple TV is out as he doesn't own any Apple Products and it is exclusively between these two although I'd also consider Roku 2 XD.

I know with Co-Star it has web access so he can go on his Facebook as well as Youtube. It also has bluetooth capabilities but I don't know for what. Can he actually make calls through his TV? The cons I know of are it doesn't have Hulu Plus and well it's Vizio.

With Roku it has over 700 apps and I think I read 600 of them do not require a subscription. It does have Hulu but no Youtube or web access.

I've read some online reviews but I'd rather get some info from people who actually own them and use them all the time to get their opinions on them. I'm really stuck as I think he would like the ability to access the web from his TV the fact that it is Vizio scares me.

2. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I am assuming Co-Star only works with Vizio?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No, it works on any HiDef TV

4. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Since the Co-Star has web access I would go with that.

5. Usica

Usica New Member

I have heard a lot of good things about Roku and when I checked it out at the store it seemed awesome. I'd say give it a try if your dad likes to have all of his channels in one place then it will be a definite win for a dad's day gift.