Rogers hinting he wants out of Green Bay. Favre 2?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

So, Rogers was royally pissed off during the press conference about how the game went yesterday and that dumbass field goal call, among other problems with the Packers that he didn't specify. He said, basically, that serious changes need to happen in the organization or he'll be moving on. I know he's 37, but he clearly hasn't slowed down. I know people are talking about Matt Stafford but what if we could get a good trade for Aaron fucking Rogers?? I bet he's got at least 3 or 4 more years left in him.

Yeah, I know we did this before with a future HOF Green Bay QB. But that, for all intents and purposes, proved to be the right decision: The Jets improved immensely that year and would have been contenders if not for Mangini being a pussy and Favre concealing his injury to preserve his iron man streak. Rogers is younger than Favre was in 2008, doesn't sound like he wants to retire, sounds like he's determined to try for another ring, and is probably watching the QB that just beat him after turning around that team in one year and thinking "Why not me too?"

I think it's worth exploring if indeed Rogers wants out...and he's willing to sign a "no sending dick pics to our female reporters," clause in his contract.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I would not be on board with that one.

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The Packers have done him no favors or the team in general that’s in a win now mode.

their last draft has legit contributed NOTHING to the bottom line of this season. They drafted a QB who was green. They drafted a heavy RB who doesn’t move the needle at all. They could have given Rodgers a WR or another CB (King was abused all game).

the frustration of the Packers hierarchy not giving AR more weapons may have just sent him over the edge, not to mention settling for a FG. Looks like he’s had enough, wasting his prime years on a franchise who’s not willing to go all in with him.

JetBlue likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Did nobody ask him why he didn't run in for a TD? twice?

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ugh...I love Rodgers. He's an asshole, a diva, a malcontent - but he is just SO good. That said, he's got 3 years left on his contract and there's no shot the Jets get him cheap. Not a sure-fire hall of famer who's in the discussion for the greatest to ever play the game. This goes against everything I've believed the Jets need to do and if they were the Colts, the Cowboys, the Niners - sure, make the deal. But we're a lot further away than that.

I'll have to pass. Though I sorta feel like I'm deciding not to bang the hottest chick in school at the HS reunion just because I like younger chicks better.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

instead of love they could have taken igbinoghene a CB i wanted for the jets who played very well for miami. would have been huge in that game.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

he said he thought he had another down. maybe he could have run it. wasn't sure but figured he'd have 1 more shot at it

K'OB likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So for everyone who says Watson is a short-term fix we should avoid (which I wholeheartedly disagree with), that argument is correct for Rodgers. He only has a few good years left, and there's a very good chance we'll waste the first couple of them.

FJF and Noam like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No he didn't. He allowed 17 catches on 27 targets (63% completion against) for 306 yards, three touchdowns and 138.8 passer rating against before he was benched. He didn't play nearly the entire second half of the year.

By most accounts he was a reach in the first. Could still be a good player but he did not have a rookie year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Anyone whining that he is too old needs to watch Tom Brady in the Superbowl (again!!!)

JetBlue and SOJAZ like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

Gb plays a different defense. king was awful. you never know. since love literally never took a snap it was a wasted pick in terms of the 2020 superbowl run. any pick would have been better. tee higgins or pittman would have helped as well.

looking at the draft though so far the picks in that range weren't great in terms of immediate impact

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If he thought he had another down which I’m sure he did and should’ve it makes his decision not to run it even worse.

I get Rodgers being upset with the call, it was a terrible one but him and Adams who dropped a sure TD in first half deserve plenty of blame too.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It was all love with the new HC until they lost.

Does he think he has a better chance to lose the NFC championship game with someone else?

Read between the lines. He wants to go the 49ers. The team he had his heart set on when he was drafted.

14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I was screaming at him to run, but, he didn't listen. The prick.

K'OB and Linebacker712 like this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Here we go lmao!!

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He seems to have insinuated that they've already sort of discussed this internally with him.

I don't really think he's going anyway. All of these quarterbacks that want to be moved forget how much of a nightmare it is to do so with all of the dead cap money.

And the Packers will return basically the same roster minus Aaron Jones next year and probably add some offensive talent after they navigate cuts and the draft. Not like it was a bad situation. He underperformed in the fourth quarter and his coaching made two horrific decisions at critical points of the game.

ouchy likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Funny thing is he was still better than Brady, but the media knows how to generate their clickz.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree.

Plus the guy was in back to back championship games. Who genuinely wants out of that?

Jonathan_Vilma and NYJalltheway like this.
  19. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

If he goes anywhere it would be the 49ers surely?

20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Obviously throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to get a guy who can get us maybe three years would be counterproductive. But if he was so disgruntled that he threatened to just retire if they don't trade him, that may lower the asking price.

I will say that I am aware that this is all a pipe dream, but that if the stars were to align, like what happened with Favre, or even if it was something like trading both firsts we got from Seattle and a 2nd, then maybe it would be worth it.