(Rodney Hannah)If we are looking towards a TE in the later rounds!!!!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tanknyc, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I was just on draftdaddy.com and seen this guy read his profile. he seems pretty decent his name is Rodney Hannah he is 6'7.5 255 4.55 in the 40 with a 40 in leap. he goes to houston university he is like antonio gates in the sense he didnt play football he played basketball. he could be the steal of the draft specially if he could produce like antonio gates. heres a link to check him out
    http://condraft.com/story.php?id=450

2. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

Wow. That would be awesome, especially for a 5th-6th rounder it's worth the gamble with the potential that he has...

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow wed be stupid not to take a chance with a prospect like that. if he reallyu runs a 4.55 you have to jump on him and not look back. if he doesnt work out whatever, if he does your looking at a top story in the league. and a great player for years to come.

we'll see though. if hes there in the 5th rd draft him. itd be practically a 6th rd pick and after colston last yr i bet not too many teams wouldnt want to roll lt he dice on this kid

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Ben Patrick is another physical specimen at TE we should take a look at out of Deleware

He's big and can fly

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Johnny Harline from BYU could be a good one.

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

patrick and harline these are the type TE's we need to stretch the field maybe run some double TE stuff. get chris baker to do a little bit more run block/pass blocking at times and we might have something

7. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

yea, but can he block...

8. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

umm with rodney hannah i most likely doubt he can block because he never played football he is a basketball prospect unless he just had the natural ability. i was thinking more of getting chris baker into the blocking role or maybe even sean ryan. with rodney just have him as a weapon on offense to compliment baker on offense maybe have him out there on our 3rd and passing situations. they are making raves about him being the next antoino gates even if he never pans out its worth a shot in the later rounds to draft him.

10. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

we already have 4 TEs on the roster, so it is unlikely that we draft another

Chris Baker
    Sean Ryan
    Jason Pociask
    James Dearth

11. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

...chris baker is the only decent player
    ryan is worthless and pociask has a better shot at the fb job
    dearth is a long snapper so he doesnt even count

if we are really trying to copy the NE mold...we will sign and draft a te
    this past year NE had 3 good TE's on their roster: watson(1st rounder)/graham(1st rounder)/thomas(rookie 3rd rounder)

i dont think we sign graham b/c of money, but i think we could get eric johnson in Free agency...patch a few other holes in FA...and then at some point in the draft a te may end up bpa

12. Crimson Cane

Crimson Cane New Member

We'd be so stupid to not use a fifth round pick on a guy who didn't play football? Are you kidding? I don't think Antonio Gates was even drafted. The Giants didn't draft the kid last year from George Mason, and everyone was high on him--he was an undrafted free agent and eventually quit football. A guy like this is not worth drafting--he's worth a flyer as a free agent, but you have to wonder if he can make it through a training camp.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well im sure people are done passing up on potential like this and marques colston is a prime example of what I expect to see people rolling more dices on players in the late round.

id rather have someone like this on our team than another drew coleman. plain and simple.

address something through FA so the use of such a late pick becomes a moot point.

14. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

how many times in past nfl draft jets history have we picked straight up and down bums people who never touched the field. probably on scout teams or simply carried the ball bags around for us wasted draft picks.

why not gamble on someone who could possiblely be a great catch for us jason pociask who is that and what has he done for us on the field!! since sean ryan is on the team already i didnt want to get to crazy cutting TE's but get rid of jason.

then sign a potential block buster i would rather that then someone taking up space.

check out the draft picks we selected since 1982 to the current after the us picking in the 3rd round we have been selecting some bums who you dont even remember there names except for a couple of people. but majority are bums not even in the league any more. so why not take a chance is all i say.

heres the link take a look form your own opinion
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/NYJ

15. All Star

All Star Active Member

6-7.5....... 255....... 4.55..........40 inch.......

Lies!!!

>__>

<__<

Sounds beastly if he can catch.......

16. Crimson Cane

Crimson Cane New Member

He DOESN'T PLAY FOOTBALL......

Pociask is on the IR--that's why he's doen nothing on the field

I agree this guy sounds like an interesting prospect but a fifth rounder is absurd. Marques Colston at least played football--with all the tape on him scouts still got it wrong and under-valued him. He's exactly the kind of low-level prospect you're saying we should pass on to take a guy who is not a football player (yet)

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i stand corrected he played one year of college football for houston university. sometimes it doesnt come down to your college stats you just might be that diamond in the rough. plus you figure he has never been battered up playing football all his life. antoino gates and tony gonzalez are both players from that type of background. and the biggest thing is it would cost us much to get him either

#17 tanknyc, Feb 2, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  18. All Star

All Star Active Member

19. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

20. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Sean Ryan, he can start at FB, No??? or is he already??